[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

Few more things:

1. Is there a way to restrict the roid type?
  2. The auto-restart seems to cause a hard crash which you have to 'close the program' (win 10) before it will reboot
  3. Running w/ a very high mapsbetweenrestarts (eg 50 w/32gb of ram), in windowed mode while the game is not minimized seems to be the most stable configuration. Minimizing the game seems to always cause a crash.

Good work though!

5 hours ago, Cairath said:

The site's up! Database completely wiped so uploads very needed.

You need to update mods.

World trait finder and starmap generator are currently available.

edit: trying to resolve a server hiccup.

Would archiving the database instead of deleting be viable? I don't know how much storage it takes up, just thought I'd field the idea since I used the site for referencing older saves. I can just make a download of my map's info in the future if long term storage of the whole database isn't an option.

On 2/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, Cairath said:

@n_t_p The db was at 10gb - some stuff, especially the map biomes info, takes a lot of space. With free sql server license I'm limited to 10gb so the wipe was actually welcome on my side. The ssd on the server isn't particularly spacious either.

PostgreSQL is your friend.

Hello, so i just started up ONI after a few years not playing, i found a seed just before the wipe that was ok but it wasnt right in game, then the DB got wiped. So i would like to contribute to the DB while im AFK. When installing, do i just leave the folder intact in mods/ or do i unpack it within that directory, i currently have a mods/steam where i have other mods stored. Also how do i know if its running or not?

8 hours ago, Cairath said:

I chose the stack I like :) Everyone has a different idea for that, I'll just end it at "my project, my stack". That doesn't fix the disk space issue either. That stuff doesn't come for free.

Hear hear you get a coffee!

So I've been trying to generate maps to get us back up to the glorious number of maps we were at before the wipe and while I'm used to the auto-map generator error-ing out and locking up the new update has done a number on the consistency of auto-generation. Where before ONI's auto disable would kill generation after about two and a half hours due to an error and ONI would occasionally have a "hard lock" (where ONI would be stuck with three "Another instance is already running" dialog boxes and not running generating maps) now ONI now consistently logs an error around 15 minuets of starting with the low end being one map generation. In trying to fix this after the .NET ONI update I managed to get the /mods/dev folder working finally (this didn't work for me after I first posted here and it was said that it could help) but now instead of the mod disabling I now get the "hard lock" state except to an extreme with 6-7 dialog boxes and having to re-close oni up to 3-4 times when I want to play. I've noticed in looking at the logs after the many errors that usually the null reference exception occurs right after the JSON for server submission is generated (which btw it is cool to see all the points in the log now). I know you are a very busy person and this is a side project but if you could look at this a little I would appreciate it!

P.S. I'm going to try and see what I can do from the outside with re-enabling the mod so I don't get so many hard locks since I think the /mods/dev folder caused more of the hard lock behavior but I'm not hopeful.

Oops, logging the json is something I forgot to disable. I can see unity being unhappy about the way the game is being restarted now, but given that I'm using unity's restart method I'm not sure I can make it stop throwing a fit :/

As to algorithm, I can see it. But verifying and maintaining it between every change and update is something I'm not willing to do. Generation is resource heavy and people would murder the server quite quickly, even though that was the initial idea.

hey @Cairath loving TNI been using it a long time and it is absolutely invaluable. Talking about that i had gotten oasis seed # 1048478789 from TNI and now it is longer found on TNI. I am sad and am wondering if a solution to this can be found. If not, thems the brakes but if so it'll be like a warm comforting hug. 

Thank you for all your hard amazing work!

EDIT: Just saw someone else noticed their seed deleted. Sorry if you have been inundated by requests and i should have searched to see if people were experiencing the same as i know you have to delete batches of seeds sometimes. Um, yeah i'm definitely buying you a coffee with my next check cause i feel i should make it right.

EDIT2: Well i got the manual upload tool and discovered my seed doesn't generate the same world anymore. Guess I'm SOL on getting this map seed up but oh well. You still get a coffee.

Okay, been way too long since I've started a world.  On the "Check the traits of a selected world" screen how would I enter this seed?  It was one I had been playing forever and stopped playing ONI about a year ago and came back and realized I needed to start over.  I got the seed number I was playing from the main screen FRST-A-14785-8 and entered that into the start screen and have played about 20 hours on it.  Then I realized it was Not the same as it was before, geysers etc in different locations.  So I thought before I get too far into this and hate the map, I would check it with the tool.  What do I enter from FRST-A-14785-8 into the tool to check it? If I put all that in, I don't think it comes up right as the map for sure has large glaciers all over and entering all that doesn't bring that up.  Do I enter just 14785?  I'm playing Arboria if that makes a difference.

thanks

Denise

I went to start generating maps again today as I have a big project for work I will be working on and won't be using my desktop while I work on it. However after disabling all mods (only using blueprints, diseases restored, and light's out <3), putting steam back in online mode, and the re-downloading the AutoMapSharing mod from the site I still keep getting the same missing method exception on the main menu. Log file is attached.

output_log.txt

On 7/24/2019 at 8:22 PM, Cairath said:

Then you have to tell me where I can buy more hours in a day :p

When i was young, i´ve build a time-maschine. It produces actual time! The downside is, you have to feed it with dragons or unicorns... You see where this goes...

Archived