What the point to remove germ from polluted water ?

Hello everyone,

I have test put polluted water in the liquid reservoir then surround it by gas chlorine and yes that destroy all the germ, but what the use ? Did that mean if i send the polluted water (without germ) into the Water sieve, the water output will be nice for food ?

Yes, if you did kill the germs before going through the water seive, you'll have fresh clean water for use for crops and the water cooler/Expresso machine.  Couple of players lost ttheirbases to a extensive diareaha/vomit food poisoning before they realized they cleaned the water but didn't remove the germs.

There are two ways your dupes can get sick from contaminated water: Microbe Musher recipes with water ingredients, and the new Espresso Machine, that uses water as an ingredient. Feeding contaminated water to crops is perfectly fine, as the germs will *not* translate to the harvested crop.

You may also be able to get sick from contaminated water coolers, but I have not tested this yet. Unsure.

42 minutes ago, fifty_ducks said:

There are two ways your dupes can get sick from contaminated water: Microbe Musher recipes with water ingredients, and the new Espresso Machine, that uses water as an ingredient. Feeding contaminated water to crops is perfectly fine, as the germs will *not* translate to the harvested crop.

You may also be able to get sick from contaminated water coolers, but I have not tested this yet. Unsure.

Are you sure about this? I thought its not important because we cook the infected crops on the grill.

1 hour ago, WhatTheDuck said:

Are you sure about this? I thought its not important because we cook the infected crops on the grill.

Both are true.  Feeding plants with infected water does not transfer the germs to the plant products.  And even if the plant or it's products somehow became infected, it would be irrelevant as soon as the food was processed on the Grill.

4 hours ago, fifty_ducks said:

Water coolers = yes

Espresso=no 

( i had disease PW vent and pool at 6 million and the espresso was fine but water cooler not.

4 hours ago, SamLogan said:

Food poisonning is not a problem before cycle 1500 over that, if you don't manage a minimum this germ it will have a real impact in your productivity and eventually run out your base.

Often the only time I get food poisoning is at some point during the first 20 to 100 cycles.  Usually this is because I have to start up the musher to supplement food supplies for a short time OR because I forgot to use a clean pool for the pitcher pump and food poisoning got into my water cooler.  I'm not sure what happens to you around cycle 1500, but by that point in your base, you should have enough infrastructure to keep the core of your base perfectly clean -- or of they DO get sick, your medical facilities should be able to handle it quickly.

Archived