Blocking window tiles and useless blast doors.

i noticed that now i can't use "space scanner" and scan trough window tiles, and the telescope will have reduced visibility behind window tiles. so the only way to protect your equipment from becoming overheated from debris is to clear it away before opening blast doors, making them completely useless. 

however... those restrictions do NOT apply to solar panels, making them the BEST option to use as a defensive structure to meteors as they wont get destroyed. just disable auto repair on the solar panels and you have perfect shields.

so ...

image.thumb.png.5e53354be1199e5b7897a5e4c85a83eb.png

10 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

wait... solar panels don't get damage from meteors?!?

They take damage but they're not destroyed. And nothing gets through them. Like steam turbine they make the best meteor shields there is but at a much lower material cost than steam turbines. Even better. You can set oil wells to be built on top of them. The oil wells will never get built obviously but they dupes will dig out any debris on top of the solar panels clearing them automatically.

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

They take damage but they're not destroyed. And nothing gets through them. Like steam turbine they make the best meteor shields there is but at a much lower material cost than steam turbines. Even better. You can set oil wells to be built on top of them. They'll never get built obviously but they dupes will dig out any debris on top of them clearing them automatically.

Oh, ok. I was wondering because I am getting near my own project of putting down solar panels, for power, and this sounded like there was no need to protect them.

7 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Oh, ok. I was wondering because I am getting near my own project of putting down solar panels, for power, and this sounded like there was no need to protect them.

The solar panels is the protection. And solar panel let 100% light through so just build the solar panels below the protecting level of solar panels.

I forgot one thing. Rockets fly right through shielding solar panels without harming them. They can't more destroyed and won't melt either so no need to make bunker doors or anything silly like that in your game. 

21 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

The solar panels is the protection. And solar panel let 100% light through so just build the solar panels below the protecting level of solar panels.

I forgot one thing. Rockets fly right through shielding solar panels without harming them. They can't more destroyed and won't melt either so no need to make bunker doors or anything silly like that in your game. 

I do wish to play the game as intended. Knowing Klei they will fix that sooner rather than later. I was simply wondering if they perhaps made a conscious decision to have solar panels not to take damage.

Protect solar panels with other sacrified solar panels and auto dig regolith with totally unrelated building order

yeah, invest on this build because this is gonna TOTALLY stay like that forever. garantee

11 minutes ago, Exa said:

Protect solar panels with other sacrified solar panels and auto dig regolith with totally unrelated building order

yeah, invest on this build because this is gonna TOTALLY stay like that forever. garantee

I don't think anyone claimed it wouldn't get nerfed at some point. Or maybe never, who knows.

I think that line of thinking symbolizes the confusion for people who see exploit based builds. When I do them and showcase them on the forum, the whole point of it is to focus on the ridiculousness of the exploit so it may, or may not, get some deserved attention. Bug reporting is really only an alternate stream that I don't think the devs even cares about really. They see what their metric data tells them people have trouble with and if more people use an exploit they see it that way.

It is certainly obvious the devs do not play the game at all.

43 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Bug reporting is really only an alternate stream that I don't think the devs even cares about really. They see what their metric data tells them people have trouble with and if more people use an exploit they see it that way.

i disagree, just yesterday i reported a bug that was fixed just a bit after.

however, they need to take into consideration how to fix some exploits so as not to cause other problems.

that said, it would be easy to fix the solar panel exploit, by simply not allowing it to let sunlight trough, then the usefulness of the build i showed becomes really low, other then to protect you from meteor erosion of your biomes.

the window tiles, REALLY should be more transparent then solar panels at least and not block the sensor nor telescope, else there is no way to protect the equipment from overheating other then with A LOT of micromanagement.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the games I play that are still in dev are ever played by the devs. Just watched the A17 stream for 7DaysToDie, and it's like the dev doesn't even know how to computer.

10 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the games I play that are still in dev are ever played by the devs.

Why would they need to do that? They outsourced the hard work by making the game early access. We play it for them and report anything that`s wrong. And we even pay them for that.

No but seriously with us doing the testing there`s no need for a dev to play a full game. Everything can be done by testing the reported bugs in debug. Especially how much time it takes to make a late game base. Now imagine tracking down a bug in the lategame with slow speed on. Nightmare. It would take several days to even get to the proper point.

1 hour ago, TheScaryOne said:

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the games I play that are still in dev are ever played by the devs. Just watched the A17 stream for 7DaysToDie, and it's like the dev doesn't even know how to computer.

i laughed so hard when the pig killed him. its a one shot from even the worst bow so long as its a head shot  any other attack will almost certainly get you killed. being one of the main developers and making that kind of mistake  shows how little knowledge of the game he has. it shows he has only ever really played it in developer mode with all the bells and whistles turned on

Game development is a lot of work, twice I had staff of 100 people. Now its just playing games as a consumer and relaxing, much better :D

Its a little team, step by step we are getting more joy...

I hope they give us sparks, ignition, combustion, explosions & firefighting + the whole nuclear reactor arsenal to toy with someday :o I still havent built a rocket, I love what I have seen on Utube about it. So I guess I need to dig in to blast doors again a bit.

Archived