Add the Forge and Gorge skins/enemies to the base DST!

You devs spend all this time working on the new models for these unique enemies, decoration structures, etc for a limited time event then it all goes away for several months?

Idk But that seems like a waste of time when you could find ways to incorporate all the new things from the Forge and Gorge into regular Don't Starve Together and add more content for us to play with in a open world.

10 minutes ago, Mafiabrett said:

You devs spend all this time working on the new models for these unique enemies, decoration structures, etc for a limited time event then it all goes away for several months?

Idk But that seems like a waste of time when you could find ways to incorporate all the new things from the Forge and Gorge into regular Don't Starve Together and add more content for us to play with in a open world.

1st : Lore : The Gateway dimensions aren't ALL controled by charlie and Them... Just Constant , Spin off Shipwrecked and Hamlet , This is why you don't see any enemy shadows in the dimensions ( Maxwells shadows are friendly ) 

2nd : Look : It wouldn't fit together - like seriously humanoid goats , humanoid boars and whole 

3rd : Mechanics : Implement Gnaw , Waves without completely ruining the original gameplay , that's why there are events

7 hours ago, Mafiabrett said:

That might be for the enemies, but what about the structures, new armor/weapon skins. Like the Forging Hammer skin, iron fence skin, the new food items 

We already got enough skins for last times of events , I am sure they will bring the skins except thr fence because of the stackability problems

Food items , many of the items were made with the non constant astetic stuff like seriously A MILK IN A SILVERWARE? 

People seriously

Even if Klei did add events into main game the event's content would be probably turned into something that's common in dst:

-Annoying unescapable mechanic like temperature damage or Antlion's existance. I can easily see Gnaw being Antlion 2.0- feed it or have merms attack you or something

-Raid Bosses- Wanna fight Boarior? Cool. Just prepare 40 dragonfruit pies, 10 different, unique items and at least 3 friends or a bug. What is his drop? ... A helmet that let's you controll pigs... and a new sculpture

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Cool. Just prepare 40 dragonfruit pies, 10 different, unique items and at least 3 friends or a bug. What is his drop? ... A helmet that let's you controll pigs... and a new sculpture

You know, that's a good point. Why should Klei add new content if it could be badly designed? They just should stop adding new content entirely rather than taking extra time to design it well

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

-Annoying unescapable mechanic like temperature damage or Antlion's existance. I can easily see Gnaw being Antlion 2.0- feed it or have merms attack you or something

Temperature damage is, for me, well balanced, you need to prepare for it but if you do it well, it's not really an annoyance and you can still do plenty of things. It keep the game dynamic and avoid it becoming stale too fast, by adding things to do (preparing for winter/summer), use for resource and reason to have them, and various tier of item, that you'll try to obtain, some of them asking for fighting bosses or seasonal enemies.

Remove this and you remove a lot of the fun of the game for me, autumn is a great season, but it would become quickly annoying without the danger of temperature coming next.

The smoldering mechanism is annoying but not directly related to temperature damage, so it's a different topic.

About the Antlion, it lacks something more fun around it, i agree. But not a bad idea to add a little pressure, it's just not the best way (at least in caves, you gain some rocks, in surface it's just annoying.)

7 hours ago, Field Field said:

You know, that's a good point. Why should Klei add new content if it could be badly designed? They just should stop adding new content entirely rather than taking extra time to design it well

No. Klei should take extra time if they're planning to add new content.

6 hours ago, Lumina said:

Temperature damage is, for me, well balanced

I didn't mean that it's "broken" or "I die because of it". I just meant that it's annoying. Here's a better example- Antlion. It's penalties are quite annoying as on surface it's a sinkhole that slows only you and lasts for a very long time and in the caves it's boulders that last forever untill you mine them. Want to get rid of Antlion legit way (without disabling it)? Then you need to spend at least 1 summer on the surface  (additional used materials to make summer base) trying to get desert googles. There's so much RNG in it, it's so annoying. You can get either fish or package, that package can contain either blueprint or trinckets, blueprints can be either rare or normal and you're not even guaranteed that the blueprint isn't the same you got b4. And you need to kill it over and over and over again. Every summer.

That's what I mean. Dst is fun but late game things like forced bosses or dangerous temperatures become annoying. "It's late game now game. I don't care about fighting deerclops, I just want to build my base now".

@Szczuku

Conflict in general is fairly annoying, but without it, the game would get fairly boring. Removal of extreme temperatures and threats to your base would makes things a lot less interesting, and would lead to boredom faster.

Although I will admit the antlion has numerous problems with how it works (with many of the issues already stated by your post), but I feel like that's a discussion for another time.

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Here's a better example- Antlion.

I agree that Antlion is a better example than temperature.

And you need to kill it over and over and over again. Every summer.

Or offering her some stones for time to time. This works too, no ?
Anyway, i agree that it lacks something to make it either fun or challenging, or something you want (and can) interact with without being too tedious.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:52 PM, Szczuku said:

-Raid Bosses- Wanna fight Boarior? Cool. Just prepare 40 dragonfruit pies, 10 different, unique items and at least 3 friends or a bug. What is his drop? ... A helmet that let's you controll pigs... and a new sculpture

sorry but how is the Antlion "annoyingly inescapable"? Firstly, it's ez to kill. Secondly, on the surface you can escape and avoid completely the sink-ins (granted, not pretty, BUT completely avoidable). Thirdly, in the caves you can simply run away from the rock rain. 

temperature dmg makes sense except for Willow.. pls explain what you mean here... 

and the drop tables? dunno what to say there cuz you are arguing in hypothetical scenarios. Tbh, the new raid bosses added a ton of cool loot that improved the game a lot... (yes, I'm talking to you lady bee... I love you... well I love your drops xD)

I agree with @Mafiabrett here that we could at least get some of the structures implemented. I think that having different cooking stations could be fun.

There are many things that could be added from the Forge and Gorge.

What I like the most of the Forge is that most of the enemies have different attacks and attack speed as their health goes lower. This mostly exist in a couple of bosses in regular DST (Toadstool and Ancient Fuelweaver are the ones that come to mind; with Bee Queen mostly screaming (and sending her bodyguards of hell to kill you) faster the closest she is to die; and shadow chesspieces kind of doesn't count because they literally evolve into another thing). It would be interesting if a few other bosses got extra attacks as their health is lower (and for Deerclops, we already have the Winter's Feast laser beam xD).

It would also be nice if equippables (mostly armors and weapons), could be a bit more balanced, tell me, when was the last time you made a grass armor? Possibly never. And I know it is meant to be bad (but there is barely any reason to craft one at all when you can get log armor so soon), but it is so sad it is barely used because it has 2 skins related to it... But if it increased speed, even if it protected less (say 40% damage absorption and 10% bonus speed), maybe then it might see some use. And so, adding armor that does not protect as much, but that gives you some other benefit might make choosing an armor a bit more interesting than simply going with the strongest. For weapons is a lot harder to balance though, specially for ranged weapons...

From the gorge I mostly like the farming mechanic, which is ironic as I played chef more than 90% of the time xD, but I was usually the most experienced :/. But I believe the cooking mechanic has more chances to make it into the base game than the farming mechanic as it makes "more sense" plus it's kinda simpler, I think? Also, the goats, and merms selling stuff sounds like fun, also sounds like a good way to make non-renewable and difficult to renew resources a bit more renewable, like nitre and flint for example. I don't want the Gnaw to come back though...

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Tbh, the new raid bosses added a ton of cool loot that improved the game a lot...

I've already explained Antlion.

What I meant by my post is that people want Forge/Gorge stuff in the main game because they enjoyed the events. But that's the point. They were just events. If Klei was to add content from events into the main game thay'd have to change it. How are you expecting for example Gnaw's meter to work in the main game? "You didn't feed Gnaw cuz you're only on day 5? Too bad, you're turning into merms and it's game over for you. Start a new world now". No it of course wouldn't look like that. Klei'd change it into something else and poeple would probably complain about it later

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎21 at 1:25 PM, Lumina said:

Or offering her some stones for time to time. This works too, no ?

I'm talking about a scenario where you spend summer in the caves. So you either kill it or suffer penalties

59 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

How are you expecting for example Gnaw's meter to work in the main game?

I'm expecting it not to exist. You can want stuff like the gorge's cooking or the forge's mobs without wanting every single element of the event.

59 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I'm talking about a scenario where you spend summer in the caves. So you either kill it or suffer penalties

Free rocks and flint are pretty nice, though. I wouldn't consider cave-in boulders a penalty at all, since they follow your movement and take so long to actually fall. It's very unlikely they'll land in your base.

If Klei was to add content from events into the main game thay'd have to change it.

Of course. Events are here to test some concepts and ideas, but i don't expect Klei to put directly forge or gorge in game without rework. What i could expect for example is special actions on weapons with a cooldown, some new monsters and items. Or new cooking stations, with new ingredients and different way to obtain them. Not a copy paste of Forge/Gorge content. Of course, there are balance questions, like "will basic fights become too easy with special actions ?" or "what will be the point of more food if you can do meatball forever anyway ?"

On 21.08.2018 at 8:49 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

@Szczuku

Conflict in general is fairly annoying, but without it, the game would get fairly boring. Removal of extreme temperatures and threats to your base would makes things a lot less interesting, and would lead to boredom faster.

Although I will admit the antlion has numerous problems with how it works (with many of the issues already stated by your post), but I feel like that's a discussion for another time.

Maybe (like in Gorge) get somehow a blueprint to build an altar for antlion's sacrifices? And add some conditions for it's surroundings (like in Gorge again, some statues around it)?

Archived