The Incredible Magical Koalefant

post-10309-13764591133563_thumb.jpgSo, I was hunting my first Koalefant the other day, when I got the idea of making a pen for it to get it's manure (I can easily get meat from pigs, so manure its more valuable to me).I chased it to my camp, and built this pen around it (Right now it is open, but when the Koalefant was inside it only had one free space for me to get in).A night passed and, the next day, when I went to get the manure, The Koalefant was gone. Gone.I looked around the camp and found it about 1 minute later, by some bushes.I chased it all the way to my camp again and get him inside the pen. Another night passes and, bam, is gone again. Somehow the Koalefant gets out of the pen at night. Is this a glitch, some kind of Houdini Koalefant, or have some of you experienced something similar? :chargrined:

It can teleport as how else does it cross islands like it does (and yes others have mentioned it being able to escape pens)Also welcome to the forums..(here there be demons,bacon,robots, sentient toasters, talking mimes, scientists who are also pirates.. all your questions will be answered but with a lot of WTF)

Edited by stormfront

[MENTION=7492]stormfront[/MENTION]: I see, thank you very much for the welcoming! I've actually been lurking around, and I decided: what the hell? May as well post. :biggrin: [MENTION=6990]TheVukelich[/MENTION]: I don't discard it, but I don't think that would be possible... Not even hounds running at me could pass beyond the walls... :confusion: [MENTION=3309]Spazmatic[/MENTION]: So you think it would be good if I closed it completely and destroy one of the walls when I want to go in? :confusion: [MENTION=10322]WX-78[/MENTION]: Well, first we need to teach him to be still :glee: [MENTION=6809]BarovSoap[/MENTION]: I actually don't like doing that. I think it takes too long finding, picking and feeding the flowers... What I do when I need manure is going to this are of my map with a huge plain and 4 families of beefalo, and pick the manure they drop for one or two days. I can get 40-50 with every travel and it usually lasts me enough for a week. :whistle: [MENTION=8792]kaiwolff[/MENTION]: Aaawwww, I'm sure you'll find one eventually! (Bring protection, though, they hit hard!) :biggrin: [MENTION=8480]MisterLock[/MENTION]: Lucky! This one was smart enough to escape during the night. :lemo: [MENTION=7067]Karma Hound[/MENTION]: That's what I thought too, but this one always gets to escape... :confusion:

It can teleport as how else does it cross islands like it does (and yes others have mentioned it being able to escape pens)Also welcome to the forums..(here there be demons,bacon,robots, sentient toasters, talking mimes, scientists who are also pirates.. all your questions will be answered but with a lot of WTF)

Don't forget members like me! And omg.my wlan is in this dimension so fast :p

I made a very large 3 wall thick pen for mine and it gets out anytime I leave the base and wander off too far.I don't think the game keeps track of things when you aren't in the area and just loads them back in as you approach, this is probably why all my walls are slowly moving out of position as well.

I made a very large 3 wall thick pen for mine and it gets out anytime I leave the base and wander off too far.I don't think the game keeps track of things when you aren't in the area and just loads them back in as you approach, this is probably why all my walls are slowly moving out of position as well.

That's really strange O.oChrome or Steam?Because i play on Steam and nothing like that ever happened to me.

hmm odd. My walls never moved out of position. and trapped bunnies never got away from their wood-fence pen either...

I use Steam. The walls moving happens after a really long time, a 100 days or more and they slowly move out of position and look jagged instead of straight..sometimes to the point of huge gaps between them. The elephant will get out if I'm away from my base for a few days, I'll come back to him being glitched inside the wall or completely outside of it.Edit: Here is a pic of the wall issue, notice the bottom left side of my base is completely messed up when it used to look like the bottom right. post-8550-1376459121765_thumb.jpgI'm just assuming it's a loading issue where they are getting out of position over time, but the chests against them could be pushing them away too somehow. Whatever the cause it's annoying, and probably related to why animals glitch through walls as well.

Edited by Avarice