On 8/14/2018 at 5:00 PM, Bizzum22 said:

maybe a battle mode where the asteroid is split in half and there is two bases, and after a date a wall in the asteroid will open allowing both teams to battle using weapons that you would make during the wall being up, but i dont see how multiplayer would work otherwise

No .... I really don't want this game to turn into a fighting game in any way. I am all for hazards and challenges that require current game mechanic problem solving though. 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:08 PM, SharraShimada said:

Even more, on Steam. Nearly every third post is "make multiplayer wäääääääääh"

I wonder if any one put a decent multiplayer concept. I know craft the world have multiplayer, and i know i never bothered to click on it.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:24 PM, Yunru said:

And how exactly would that work?

I'll tell you how it'd work. It'd work just like the people sat round a screen barking instructions at the one playing. It'd be like taking an RTS like Red Alert or Starcraft and saying "It'd be great for two people to have control of this one base." Not each has their own base and works together, one base between them.

Planetary Annihilation did shared army exactly just like that and there is some people who actually enjoyed it that way and it just work. this is still a different story. I am happy with a single player ONI.

14 hours ago, mr peeps said:

it has most definitely been proposed. 

I'm sorry, but this is like asking for the sims to be multiplayer. It doesn't make sense. Yes, you can reason it out but nearly no one wants it.

The Sims did have a multiplayer version, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online.  It doesn't exist anymore because EA (the company) arbitrarily shut down the servers, which killed the game.  I never played it, but I'm sure it was a decent experience for some players, as it was running for 6 years.  I think LAN sims, where each person controls a household, could be interesting.

ONI could be a perfectly decent casual multiplayer game.  In my mind, the game would play exactly as is, except you would have two or more cursors and displays moving around.  Modern computers and networking can easily handle displaying the physics, or at least enough of the physics such that the client could tell what was happening.  It wouldn't be competitive (unless you decided to make it competitive as players).  The mechanics wouldn't change.  If one player paused, the game paused.  If a player resumes, the game resumes (like Stellaris and other pausable RTS's).  If two orders conflict, it picks one to stick with.  It could also notify the players of build conflicts, so the players can resolve it.  I'm sure all the other mechanical errors can be resolved in similar fashions.  It wouldn't be a game with dozens of people, just a few friends.

I do feel that this idea of multiplayer would benefit the game.  It would not effect single player in any way, so multiplayer would just be a button you never press if you don't care about it.  However, I also feel like if it is going to be implemented, it should be on a back burner, as there are many more important things to do (optimization, parallelization, content, etc.). 

Also, why does it matter if it has been proposed before?  Of course it has, but so were 'more creatures', 'petroleum', 'space', and many other things that were repeatedly posted and are now welcome additions to the game.  Old conversations on this forum are often full of stuff that isn't accurate anymore, so it is a good idea to create a new post rather than bring back an old one.

18 hours ago, mr peeps said:

it has most definitely been proposed. 

I'm sorry, but this is like asking for the sims to be multiplayer. It doesn't make sense. Yes, you can reason it out but nearly no one wants it.

out of topic:

Spoiler

I did enjoy the sims co-op on my console with my young sister back in the days, and we had a blast, from working together to trolling each other. still to this day I and her waiting for a co-op Sims, when the sims 4 was announced, I sure as hell did not want it to be multiplayer because of every thing wrong EA games did with multiplayer back then (and still do) most notable SimCity (and the Sims Social). EA games adding multiplayer to the Sims felt more of a a death sentence gamble to the game that most of us didn't feel like risking.

PS: the Sims 4 was built from the ground up to be some sort of MMO/Online only game just like simcity, simcity storm made them back step and rework the code for single player. resulting in the shallow game release.

2 hours ago, Vuelhering said:

I can think of many ways to make it multiplayer that would greatly enhance the game, even for the people who wouldn't play it in MP.

maybe it would be interesting to have a thread if you feel like sharing your ideas, who know. maybe oxygen not included:together on it way few years from now :D

On 14.8.2018 at 5:49 PM, So0nn said:

Stop trashtalk me and maybe I will consider, I do not know, certainly, to stop too.

But for now I will no longer respond to your comments as they have no more constructive purpose on my initial post.

And I will not react to your prejudices or insults to my person.

Goodbye and thank you for your answers.

Lol, I was neither trashtalking you nor I was a prejudice or insulting you, what i was doing was stating facts and calling you out for being a condescending prick who can't cope with other people having a different oppinion and resorts to cheap "how to win arguments on the internet" lines instead of making any relevant statement.

And if you don't like being called out then maybe, I do not know, certainly, stop your pseudo witty comments in the first place (since you're the one derailing your own thread this way)?!

I'm going to say this as a person who has seen multiplayer implemented in games in this genre and destroy the game over and over.

DO NOT INCLUDED MULTIPLAYER EVER PLEASE!  Seriously it never works out right in this genre.  I used to love the idea, and I get why people do want it, but it doesn't come out how people think it will, and never will.

On 8/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, Bizzum22 said:

maybe a battle mode where the asteroid is split in half and there is two bases, and after a date a wall in the asteroid will open allowing both teams to battle using weapons that you would make during the wall being up, but i dont see how multiplayer would work otherwise

I'm more for this, just not the wall thing. :p

Double map size, slightly reduce costs for making everything, reduce time it takes to research and level skills.
No wall, players spawn on the left and right on the map, goal is to destroy the other player's dupe printer.
Add possibility to create traps.

6 hours ago, D.L.S. said:

Why you people so afraid multiplayer? I see just fear and panic in this comments...

I dont need this feature, but i dont care who and how play their game as long as there is single player option to play my game as i want.

It is the fact that every attempt to make a game of this genre into a multiplayer game had resulted in horrible gameplay and it took away from the development of the game.  Not to mention that is not what this genre is even about.  What are people wanting a game where the resources are scare and the dupes are scare to all of the sudden have trade communities or working with their "neighbors" that aren't supposed to exist in this setting?  Nothing about it works, gameplay or the lore.  The only game in this genre that came close to making multiplayer work was Craft The World and in that they were teleported to a new world and were able to bring resources back through a teleporter...which was utterly stupid.

Well it could be some sort of supply lines, when you send rocket on similar asteroid to your friend(basically in world of your friend) and trade resources, but it require different asteroid types so was excess and demand of some resources(like he have a lot of water and i have excess of coal, so we can trade), so was reason for trading. But honestly i'd rather prefer having this type of sending rocket with cargo between my own game worlds.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:00 PM, Bizzum22 said:

Call Donald Trump

Archived