[Setup] Fish'o'matic station : a way to auto-breeding fishes

Regarding the Main pond (Not the breeding pond)

I'm confused now. Is there any benefit at all to incubating the eggs in the air?  With an ever increasing fish population, the sweeper will be used more and more.

Another Question:

In the breeding pool, after some time, the tamed pacu's have a bias towards making tropical pacu pods, (~60%).  Is there any reason that I shouldn't breed from tropical pacu's instead of pacu's.  I had a situation a while ago, that I had 1 fish in the breeding pond, which died and left me with 3 tropical pods and no pacu pods.

2 eggs/5 kg algae/ 5cycles pacu farm.

I modify the automation to control better the flow of water., and the close and open of the doors. I will build it to survivals mode and test it better. 

Post Edit: This is the cruel pacu farm 6 eggs (4 eggs + 2 to populate) / 10 kg algae / 5 cycles pacu farm. The setup is in mirror, it can be multiplied in the same manner. 

In the right you have the version whit water, in the left whitwout water. Is build in the survival mode. For filing the tank i used a liquid shut off valve. I  filed the pirst one until the water touch the hydro sensor, then whit the atmo  sensor in opened the doors, then repeat the process.

For starting it you send an tamed egg to the smart storage, seal it, eject the egg and forget about it.

I will tune the times for filters and buffers and post it later.

1.thumb.jpg.debc1ba72497ec0dbe0c2757e91af977.jpg   2.thumb.jpg.3bd708643b1fe6a36a180436f7e939de.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.62e6fe387afbe968c0d926b558fa8cbf.jpg  4.thumb.jpg.56049d862f64f9d876bd2fa0622c9518.jpg5.thumb.jpg.7c6de594006530221c5cc549bced605a.jpg  6.thumb.jpg.3103e7c3939c8c97b43dd81b908c8403.jpg

This is my attempt. I optimized for aesthetics and simplicity, rather than efficiency or compactness. Has the added bonus of being humane, because for all the terrible, horrible, awful, no-good, very-bad things I may do to duplicants, you'll never catch me mistreating my fish.

2Zuucyf.png

Mh2Eey2.jpg

biOVycS.jpg

The mechanics are simple: I always have an egg incubating for the breeding tank (left), and all the rest go to the aquarium (right). This results in a stable breeding population of 5 Pacu (since a Pacu lives for 25 cycles and an egg hatches in 5 cycles).

The buffer-not-buffer automation cycle on the left is a timer that turns the droppers on for 3 seconds every 200s (should be 100s), and the automation in the middle simply decides which side to drop the egg on.

(Edit) added fridges to the design to extract the meat and swapped out the mesh tiles for a solid wall.

The buffer-not-buffer automation cycle on the left is a timer that turns the droppers on for 3 seconds every 200,

I suppose this build is in sandbox mode. In survival mode for what i see if you want to take and drop the egg the time for buffer is 6 - 7s minim, and if you want to move the algae from storage to fish feeder one time is 13 s. 

I hope next version we will have an automation slot also to the fish feeder to stop using this drop automatic circuits.

1 minute ago, tzionut said:

I suppose this build is in sandbox mode. In survival mode for what i see if you want to take and drop the egg the time for buffer is 6 - 7s minim, and if you want to move the algae from storage to fish feeder one time is 13 s. 

I hope next version we will have an automation slot also to the fish feeder to stop using this drop automatic circuits.

The sweepers that drop the eggs are not the same ones as those that collect the meat, shells and dirt, so the timer can be quite a bit longer than that.

I didn't do the math, though. 600s / 5 fish * 66% reproduction = 181.8s, so it does need to be less than 200s. 100 would be plenty.

I have this strange situation where pacus were brought into a very small pool of water but won't get the Expecting debuff after laying an egg. I don't know why and thought it might have been related to the fish release but it's continuing even after I removed it. 

So for now it's possible to have a self-sustaining 3-tiles tank chock-full of pacus. Also piling them in a small tank does seems to help with performance.

pacu-mini-tank.thumb.jpg.defa089060cf41a7d00d3e6b36eaf58e.jpg

On 8/23/2018 at 12:18 PM, QuQuasar said:

This is my attempt. I optimized for aesthetics and simplicity, rather than efficiency or compactness. Has the added bonus of being humane, because for all the terrible, horrible, awful, no-good, very-bad things I may do to duplicants, you'll never catch me mistreating my fish.

I've built a slightly modified version of your design in my current game. It's simple and efficient, thanks for sharing !

5b7fdcd340ac7_Pacufarm.thumb.jpg.de9cff0c17fac6b5f4fc07ed562b0e44.jpg

After build in survival mode and test it for several cycles i can tell that my 5 cycle / 10 kg algae/ 6 eggs farm is not good.

problems:

1 pacu fry matures before the upper egg is hatched

2 pacu fry or matured pacu levitate after the water is falling between 5 and 10 seconds.

3 the drop off sweep arm one cycle it drop the egg whit a buffer time of 5 sec, in another cycle whit 6, in other whit 7, in another cycle it doesn't drop it at all, and send it to the smart storage (this i see even in mariilyn version)

The first 2 problem can be dealed whit a buffer filter automation, and a second stage to store the pacu fry, but the third problem it can be dealed only by kley. The time is varies by the position of the conveyor receiver from the arm sweeper...The time is not ok to varies from cycle to cycle if the receiver is in the same position. I think this is a bug.

On 2018/8/24 at 1:15 AM, Mariilyn said:

I have this strange situation where pacus were brought into a very small pool of water but won't get the Expecting debuff after laying an egg. I don't know why and thought it might have been related to the fish release but it's continuing even after I removed it. 

So for now it's possible to have a self-sustaining 3-tiles tank chock-full of pacus. Also piling them in a small tank does seems to help with performance.

pacu-mini-tank.thumb.jpg.defa089060cf41a7d00d3e6b36eaf58e.jpg

pacu's expecting debuff considers the air inside the "room"

I have came up wiith my fish-o-matic design a while ago but i'm still adjusting my automations

You don't need to setup any fishomatic in RU games..Just dig all the fossil available. It's enough to cover the entire void area to prevent the destruction of the top biomes. I start in 185 cycle and finised the shield in the 295 cycle of my new game. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:25 AM, Djoums said:

I've built a slightly modified version of your design in my current game. It's simple and efficient, thanks for sharing !

5b7fdcd340ac7_Pacufarm.thumb.jpg.de9cff0c17fac6b5f4fc07ed562b0e44.jpg

Decent simple solution. 

As a suggested recommendation, you could put a prismatic door side ways open state  where the eggs are.  this puts eggs into another 'room'  to avoid potential expecting debuff that could wipe your colony without you noticing it.    

this happened to me.   since we don't get expecting debuff alert like critter starving alerts.     its very easy to suddenly see your fish pool go extinct.

(you might need another arm to move the eggs up to have it placed on the ledge from the right pool)

2 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

you might need another arm to move the eggs up to have it placed on the ledge from the right pool

But that's actually taken care of. The eggs on the right side are auto-swept and put in the right container, then dropped by the top sweeper on the same tile as the extra eggs from the left pool. You just have to make sure the room is open and has enough tiles overall. My goal was ~125 fish to build 1 bunker every cycle.

Although now that we have fossils there's no need for this setup anymore, especially because of the performance cost.

Question: how do you increase the population of the "wild" tank if the eggs that was produce in the other tank without food is also tamed?

Theoretic you can't

In Practice.. if you fed pacu but they don't reach wilderness 0%, if you don't feed them any more in time they will regain the wilderness trait, so you must see for one pacu feeded whit which procent the wilderness fall after each cycle. Then feed it until the wilderness is 10%, then see in how many cycle the wilderness reach 100%

Whit this known you can make an automation (or us) for feed the pacu the exact numer of cycle you want, then stop for the next number of cycles...in this way you can multiply the pacu wild population....

The main problem is to see if a wild feeded pacu lay an egg before pacus 20 cycle life. If not all this in futile. 

I set a timer attached to an auto thing for 200s to refill the fish feeder 1kg of algae each time, this was definitely too much to feed a wild pacu as it became tame too quickly.  I had obviously denied dupe access to the area to prevent other refills.

I would conclude that to increase the population of wild pacu's, you must somehow make the pacu lay at least 2 eggs in it's lifetime.  Has anyone managed to do this?

13 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Question: how do you increase the population of the "wild" tank if the eggs that was produce in the other tank without food is also tamed?

12 hours ago, tzionut said:

Whit this known you can make an automation (or us) for feed the pacu the exact numer of cycle you want, then stop for the next number of cycles...in this way you can multiply the pacu wild population....

29 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

I would conclude that to increase the population of wild pacu's, you must somehow make the pacu lay at least 2 eggs in it's lifetime.  Has anyone managed to do this?

It's not possible to increase the wild pacu's population as their reproduction rate stays at the base value of +6,67% per cycle (meaning they lay 1 egg every 15 cycles). This value increase to +66,67% per cycle (or 1 egg every 1,5 cycles) only when they are happy and tame.

First off, thank you (all) for this great idea, I've been meaning to create a food industry that didn't involve duplicant interaction for quite awhile and this is the best option I've found or thought of so far. 

Unfortunately my French wasn't really enough for that video, so I had to resort to trying stuff until it worked but I suppose it worked out in the end.

Secondly I've never posted ONI stuff before, all feedback and such is appreciated.

My main problem was that in your design(s) we wait until the active breeding pacu has died before we add new ones and that really limits the amount of eggs we can output per breeding pool. And in order to produce lots of eggs we'dd need an awful amount of pools, and I usually don't really have the water nor the time to build that many pools. (or possibly I missed something in your designs)

In this design I've automated the pools in such a way the pacus that have finished their active breeding period (the time they're at maximum egg production due to their innate calories + being fed that tiny bit of algae) will  be eliminated from the pool and a fresh one is introduced at the right age for breeding. The nice thing is that this design is a complete set-up-and-forget model and infinitely scalable to fit any number of hungry duplicants. Also it has a fair calories / cycle / pool, and so won't need many pools.

It does mean we only get 2 eggs per pacu since they are not allowed to live their full lives in the pool and thus a higher ratio of meat to omelette, which could be a good or a bad thing depending on what you want to feed your duplicants (and probably how many pincha's you have)

Few sidenotes:

It's important the doors right under the algae receptacles are powered, otherwise the restocking of algae fails due to the doors being too slow.

The two clocks are set to a duration of 0.5% (and activation times at 25 and 75%)

The filter gates above the memory cells are set to 3 seconds

The water clocks' filter is set to 100g/s and the hydro sensor to 105 kg. The buffergate going up from the clock is set at 20 seconds. The right buffer/filter combo is set to 200, 40 respectively and the left is set to 35, 30, respectively.

The two buffergates down at the enclosing area of the pool are both set to 1 second.

The meat dropped by enclosed pacu's is still collected because items are pushed up by the doors, unlike the pacus.

Oni pacu.png

Oni pacu automation.png

Oni pacu power.png

Oni pacu shipping.png

Archived