[Setup] Fish'o'matic station : a way to auto-breeding fishes

6 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Those crossing lines are confusing..

conf.PNG

Not really. As you know there a delay between the input and the output of any of the logic devices. It's very small and shorter than 0.1s, my guesstimate is about 0.04-0.05s.

For the AND gate when the sensor becomes positive it takes a fraction of a second before the output of the NOT gate becomes negative. In the mean time both the inputs on the AND is positive triggering the output of the AND gate to become positive for a fraction of a second until the AND gate catches up with the changed state of the inputs due to the NOT having switched.

This is how a positive edge detector works. It sends a positive pulse for a fraction of a second when the input becomes positive. It doesn't matter if the input becomes negative again or the input remains positive. It only send the positive pulse when the input becomes positive.

For the XOR gate it's also really simple. When the free input sees a positive signal and the connected input is positive then the output of the XOR becomes negative which changes the connected input to a negative. If the free input sees a positive signal and the connected input is negative then the output of the XOR becomes positive which changes the connected input to positive. This is obviously an infinite feedback loop so it only works if the input is only positive a fraction of a second such as from a positive edge detector as described above.

Combined the NOT, AND and XOR gates is a toggle switch that takes a positive input each time to change state between a positive and a negative output.

This works for me.  It keeps a steady supply of 1 fish in the breeding tank.

image.thumb.png.bcead5aed3eb83a904fe9db7cfa2c341.png

image.thumb.png.82a8dfd76c866e49f4b3ae2a2a379e4e.png

image.thumb.png.beb61627e05c04210d1b9f21928aec56.png

Please mind the rails, it's a bit of a jumble.  The rails have algae coming in from the right, while meat, egg shells and polluted dirt leave on the right.

The main tank supplies eggs from below, which currently has about 200 fish in.

The water clock is set at 110g/s and opens at 1200kg, which has a bit of overlap.  The weight plate is set to >1kg.  The buffer clock on the left is set to 30s. 

The algae feeder clock is set at 60s and delivers 50kg of algae to the feeder, however, this seems to have been removed, it's just a buffer, not gate and filter gate attached to the sweeper to the right of the the fish feeder.

I don't use the incubation pods.  The critter sensor I don't use either.

It seems to me @Craigjw, that you did not get what we are trying to do here on the last 2 pages. Your system there is using a lot of algae to sustain your single pacu, our ideas work with only 1 kg of algae per fish per day. We use their innate calories to 'trick' them into thinking they are being taken care of. This way you don't burn though your algae quite as fast.

Also a minor question to you @Saturnus, how do you activate the algae feeding in your critter sensor based pacu hatchery? Currently I'm using a 3-fold delay on the main sensor but that seems possibly unreliable. 

In addition, though I got it working, the hatchery has a major issue that can (as far as I can see) only be resolved with walled off (not with mesh tiles but actual cell separation) cells. Being, if 2 pacu decide to lay eggs at the same time, (not extremely likely, but possible) the sensor will only be triggered once, ruining the entire system. Have you found a way around that?

I'm now quite convinced that you do not understand what we're trying to do.

In our systems the fish do lay as much eggs as yours do and are as happy as yours, because we plan their feeding carefully. If you had read any of the earlier posts you would know that. The entire intent of our systems is to get the fish to produce eggs with very little feeding and then replace them with new ones to start the cycle all over again. This way you can convert algae to eggs in a +/- 2 kg/egg ratio, in contrast, you use the base feeding ratio's of 210 kg algae per egg. (140kg/day, 67% egg/day). That would be over 100 times as much algae per egg, which seems like a waste.

For me, that would be a bit to much algae to sustainably feed my duplicants, where 2 kg/egg is very doable. It's not that your system is wrong, it just has a different intent behind it.

If you would like to try it our way too, I suggest you read our previous posts. I can definitely recommend it, as for me it solved all food related issues with no end to my algae supply in sight.

Archived