The Gorge Tournament Has Begun!

Not sure what I didn't do right here? 

I have the four medallions:

Victory
No repeat Dishes
No Duplicate Survivors
No Failed Offerings

This was even live on stream in case there are any concerns of legitimacy....

Capture175.PNG

5 minutes ago, Griver84 said:

Not sure what I didn't do right here? 

I have the four medallions:

Victory
No repeat Dishes
No Duplicate Survivors
No Failed Offerings

This was even live on stream in case there are any concerns of legitimacy....

Capture175.PNG

do you family share? 

Several games later and we still have the same issue of not being able to connect to the leaderboard servers let alone get entered into the tournament. Has anyone else come across this issue or are my friends and I just very unfortunate? We're all parent users of our steam accounts and we've fulfilled all the requirements for each of our wins.

1 hour ago, LoneCourier said:

Several games later and we still have the same issue of not being able to connect to the leaderboard servers let alone get entered into the tournament. Has anyone else come across this issue or are my friends and I just very unfortunate? We're all parent users of our steam accounts and we've fulfilled all the requirements for each of our wins.

Read the rules, also if you want to be connect to leaderboard. You will need high score to pop up.

18 minutes ago, Kronas said:

how long will the be up you guys haven't mentioned it

"Come back tomorrow during The Gorge extended event, between 11am PST on 7/10, and 10am PST on 7/17, for details on how to qualify for the tournament. "

^ from the original announcement thread. Might want to read up in there. ;)

1 minute ago, SavageLemon said:

Read the rules, also if you want to be connect to leaderboard. You will need high score to pop up.

I think they are referring to actually seeing the "tournament Entry" token pop up at the end of the match.

I was having the same problem today in multiple runs on stream.

1 minute ago, SavageLemon said:

I've read the rules. We've achieved all the badges necessary to qualify for an entry into the tournament. Regardless of this fact after five victories, with no duplicates, no missed cravings, and no repeat meals we never once got the tournament entry badge. I know I'm not going to qualify for any of the three tiers, but as I said in my last post I would appreciate the chance to at least be marked as a participator in the tournament.

Just now, LoneCourier said:

I've read the rules. We've achieved all the badges necessary to qualify for an entry into the tournament. Regardless of this fact after five victories, with no duplicates, no missed cravings, and no repeat meals we never once got the tournament entry badge. I know I'm not going to qualify for any of the three tiers, but as I said in my last post I would appreciate the chance to at least be marked as a participator in the tournament.

Did you actually restart your game when the first attempt failed?

For me, (now that I'm done streaming and actually took a second look at it) that was probably my problem. I thought I started the game AFTER the event started (1pm CST for me) and apparently I didn't. So I'm assuming thats why my runs didn't count.

Plenty o'time to get a good run in though. So I'm not terribly worried. GG's to Klei for this though. I know its new territory for all!

OK so the thing is 

if the badges our entry is counted ?

because me and my friend were doing a duel gorge and got the "entry" badge 
does that mean we lost the chance to participate ?
we were just trynna discover recipes so we can join the toryn later on
is it over for both of us ?
or we can get a 3rd member later on and score higher ?
we can make entries and the highest one is the one that count ?

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Did you actually restart your game when the first attempt failed?

Yes we all restarted our games several times. But we were having the problem since the start of the tournament. We stopped when we were disconnected and one of our members stopped for the day, so we haven't been able to play since the new patch. I made my second post right before we played our last game. If it was fixed in the patch which I'm assuming it was I must say thank you to the lovely devs for being on top of game in terms of patches.

10 minutes ago, Kronas said:

OK so the thing is 

if the badges our entry is counted ?

because me and my friend were doing a duel gorge and got the "entry" badge 
does that mean we lost the chance to participate ?
we were just trynna discover recipes so we can join the toryn later on
is it over for both of us ?
or we can get a 3rd member later on and score higher ?
we can make entries and the highest one is the one that count ?

you can score multiple times, but only your highest score is rewarded. So you can keep doing it trying for a higher score

15 minutes ago, StarCluster said:

No Duplicate Survivors.
Does this mean that the characters selected by the three players cannot be the same?
Or is it not allowed to play multiple games with the same player?

Just the character. So a team made up of Wilson's wouldn't qualify. You can play as many games as you want with the same players.

2 hours ago, Chief Beef said:

2 questions:

1. What if someone finds and exact way to get the best score possible and everyone copies it?

2. Does time add any points in this?

1. Even if there is a one truly best route to get the maximum score, there are other factors like RNG (craving order, safe rng), player skill (cooking timing, coordination, timing of ingredients) and other unfortunate circumstances (your game crashes as you're cooking a dish, your attention slips at the last moment and you let a dish burn, you misclick and put the wrong ingredients in a dish, etc) that may cause the score to change ever so slightly.

2. Yes. The score decreases with time, generally. (There are only so many favour-rewarding dishes, and you can only make each once, in a limited time frame)

Appeasement Points are calculated by adding up all the points from each snackrifice (see below), multiplying by 1000, and then dividing by the total number of seconds spent in the entire match.

Archived