The Gorge Tournament Has Begun!

9 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

out of curiosity, what benefit would cooking multiples of the same meal grant? are you going somewhere with that? >_>

Not really, I'm just curious. I like to think about borderline cases that's all.

Now that you ask, it would count if we cooked a meal that spoiled and we would cook it again to serve. But I don't think it would happen often.

• Developer
Just now, fimmatek said:

Not really, I'm just curious. I like to think about borderline cases that's all.

Now that you ask, it would count if we cooked a meal that spoiled and we would cook it again to serve. But I don't think it would happen often.

well you can't offer duplicate meals so no advantage.

Just now, Zarklord said:

well you can't offer duplicate meals so no advantage.

No, but if we couldn't even cook a meal twice then we couldn't offer a meal that once spoilt. But the offerings count, not the cooking, so it doesn't matter after all.

Just now, fimmatek said:

I'm studying research before I start doing my runs.honestly, I can't see any room for error in screwing up dishes.

2 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

I'm studying research before I start doing my runs.honestly, I can't see any room for error in screwing up dishes.

You're right, you cannot really mess up if you have a good plan and overview of the game. My question was just a theoretical one about a situation that might could happen. I don't really think we would encounter it, I was just curious.

I'm not sure I explained the possible situation tho, so if that's the case, here:

Spoiler

Team cooks a meal (let's take Cheesecake for example. This isn't served and thous rots. 

Team later wants to offer a Cheesecake, so they cook one and offer it. 

The "no multiple meals" means the offering, so the team can do this and enter the Tournament. However, if the rule were about cooking the same meal multiple times, the second Cheesecake would disqualify the match. Or the team would have no way to snackrifice a Cheesecake in that match an so losing the points of a good meal.

As much as I'd love to participate in this, I believe physically and mentally I would be drained out after trying to beat the high score the whole time, like - it sounds good in concept, one round shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to an hour with no duplicates, right? Wrong. You'll always try to beat your previous score, and if I say that EVERYONE here can be #1, then I mean it. It's basically a battle of dedication, who has the most dedication and fighting spirit, and I am afraid once I go that route - bring that fighting spirit out, I'm afraid I won't be able to stop, and that'll drain me physically and mentally.

Good luck in the tournament guys. Since I still have a bit to learn and the PUG groups I get settled with aren't always the most pleasant, I think I shall hold off playing the Gorge until it's over. I'm gonna be so jelly of your sweet prizes though. :p

After two rounds fulfilling the requirements, my friends and I have been met with a message in the upper right hand corner saying "Unable to connect to leaderboard servers" and we aren't getting entered into the tournament. It's rather annoying even if our scores have been pushed out of the top 100 I'd still like to be entered for the participation rewards.

20180710135148_1.jpg

20180710142738_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gungeoneer said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to stop, and that'll drain me physically and mentally.

It's a good decision to avoid it if you do feel it would be a bad thing for you. I do think that competition is not for everyone and it's pretty hard to offer a tournament that will not have this kind of aspect.

Anyway, i'm happy to see that there are strong limitations that will avoid games to take too long. Sure, people will possibly play a lot of games, do multiple tries, but at least it will be possible to take real breaks and all. So it's a really good thing, thanks !

I'm currently in the top 100, i enjoy this short moment of glory that will soon fade, because i just wanted to participate and can't compete with the top players.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

I'm currently in the top 100, i enjoy this short moment of glory that will soon fade, because i just wanted to participate and can't compete with the top players.

I do firmly believe that if you truly put time and effort into it, the top players don't got nothin' on you. But that's just time I'm personally not willing to spend on this Event, as fun as it is.

13 minutes ago, Sortilege said:

My friend bought the game for me years ago, this means I can't participate right? Sad for me.

You own the game, the issue restrictions are on family sharing accounts because those accounts don't own the game. 

2 minutes ago, Gungeoneer said:

I do firmly believe that if you truly put time and effort into it, the top players don't got nothin' on you. But that's just time I'm personally not willing to spend on this Event, as fun as it is.

It's totally possible, but honestly i don't want to put that much time and efforts. I don't especially like pressure and it's important to keep the balance right. Events like the forge and the gorge are for me something fun in small sessions without too much tension. I prefer letting people willing to compete doing it, i'm happy with what i did :)

Just now, JoeW said:

You own the game, the issue restrictions are on family sharing accounts because those accounts don't own the game. 

Okay thanks! I was confused as it said that only the account that purchased it could participate and considering I didn't purchase it but I got it as a gift.. But thank you for your answer! Time to start cooking :)

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

You can participate. Steam can place restrictions on an account that would limit our ability to reward you, but I don't think that a vac ban would cause a problem. 

I was just worried the "account must be in good standings" thing would mean like you exclude people with vacs or whatever

5 minutes ago, Ghastninja46 said:

I was just worried the "account must be in good standings" thing would mean like you exclude people with vacs or whatever

dst does not have valve anti-cheat (i'm not sure how they would even implement it either), so i don't see why would they exclude people with a vac ban

still. shame on you for using cheats though :p

9 minutes ago, Ghastninja46 said:

It's more to say that if for some reason valve put a restriction on your account, we may be limited in how we can send you the reward. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3330-IAGK-7663

Archived