[Game Update] - 276158

• Developer

Changes

• Shadow Minions have slightly increased range and will continue chopping trees even if Players move off screen.
  • Increased Willow’s fueling bonus.
  • Improved cooking efficiency bonuses for Wilson, Wendy, and Wolfgang.
  • Added indicators for stations currently affected by a cooking efficiency buff.
  • Added more icons for XP awarded in the Post Match Screen.
  • Improved leaderboard submission reliability and feedback when failing to connect to the leaderboard server.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash for some Players with corrupt Recipe Book data.
  • Fixed bug with menu header text changing incorrectly in the Host Game screen.

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TemporaryMan said:

Doesn't this event... end tomorrow?

I've sat it out because I was busy moving back to my home town and didn't have an internet connection for the first week.

Its end 09.07

5 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

I've sat it out because I was busy moving back to my home town and didn't have an internet connection for the first week.

When does the Gorge end? 
The Gorge will last a little over 3 weeks from the time it launches and we ending July 9th. 

12 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@watermelen671 ow, that sucks. Were you able to determine what caused the crash? Hope the match didn't crash just when your team was about to put in the Ancient Key... that would be the worst.

Not really sure, it sometimes happens due to me being disconnected, sometimes I don't even know. Klei seems to be dropping my connection more than their latest mixtape. :wilson_cry:

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

Hope the match didn't crash just when your team was about to put in the Ancient Key... that would be the worst.

I wasn't at the point of putting in the Ancient Key, but I was cooking the last meal when the game kicked us out. xD

Ok. So we get a few quality of life tweaks and some buffs. That's all well and fine, but... the event ends in just a few days. What was the point?

3 hours ago, LAGvir said:

Does the shadow minion change affect the base game?

Everything else in the patch notes is related to the Gorge. So I'd assume no, it shouldn't effect the base game.

• Like 1

Question: How does one rejoin the server they just lost connection to? I remember reading in one of the update notes that it became an option at the time, but I didn't see such an option when browsing the servers. I tried to toggle "previously visited" on, and the menu showed 0 results out of 300+. I then typed the name of the lobby as I remembered it, and the menu showed one lobby that had 3 out of 3 players (including myself, apparently). Loading the list of players didn't succeed, trying to join the game gave an error message "server not responding". Shortly after that the lobby stopped showing up altogether, although, to my estimation, the game shouldn't have ended by then yet.

So the question stands: how do you rejoin a server after losing connection to it? Is there a quicker and more straightforward way than the one described above?

16 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Shadow Minions have slightly increased range and will continue chopping trees even if Players move off screen.
  • Increased Willow’s fueling bonus.
  • Improved cooking efficiency bonuses for Wilson, Wendy, and Wolfgang.
  • Added indicators for stations currently affected by a cooking efficiency buff.
  • Added more icons for XP awarded in the Post Match Screen.
  • Improved leaderboard submission reliability and feedback when failing to connect to the leaderboard server.

View full update

Kind of late for all of that, don't you think? The event ends in like what, 4 days? So unless you're bringing it back at some point, this seems like some time wasted. Funny how long it takes to realise obviously inferior traits for characters that none would want to pick because of.

14 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@watermelen671 @Red Rain if you guys get kicked out or crashing randomly, don't instantly reopen DST. When crashed/disconnected randomly, go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether and make a copy of the client_log.txt then attach that copy to a bug report to the Bug Tracker DST.

Ech, we're too lazy, why not make this more automated ;)

16 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Nah, you're confusing the end of summer sales on steam with the end of The Gorge event on DST.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

19 minutes ago, landromat said:

I'm sure they will extend event for 1 more week like last year

I'm not sure in that, the  Forge lasted initially for 3 weeks but was extended by a few days (to Monday instead of Thursday). The Gorge is already announced to stay till Monday for 3,5 weeks, the same as the Forge lasted at the end, so I think it'll stay so. 

Maybe we get some info on that on today's stream, even if that's mainly about Hot Lava and not DST.