[Game Update] - 274778

• Ore that gets entombed into the same element will now add itself to the world.

i see, you really want to break any build that uses CO2 freezing or other stuff freezing, because if one of these turns into a solid and takes all the x gigatons of material at the same spot...

but then i always have the feeling that most of your 'fixes' are stuff to annoy peoples current playstyle especially when you look at the current bug reports and what is ignored /rant

24 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:
  • Ore that gets entombed into the same element will now add itself to the world.

i see, you really want to break any build that uses CO2 freezing or other stuff freezing, because if one of these turns into a solid and takes all the x gigatons of material at the same spot...

Did you try it before you started complaining ?

(No offense but my CO2 freezer still works fine. Did your CO2 freezer produce solid blocks ? )

The biggest impact should be the merging of debris from outer space.

PS: Since this update the job screen does not show the pictures of my dupes next to their names.

5 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Did you try it before you started complaining ?

(No offense but my CO2 freezer still works fine. Did your CO2 freezer produce solid blocks ? )

The biggest impact should be the merging of debris from outer space.

PS: Since this update the job screen does not show the pictures of my dupes next to their names.

this rant was not only directed at that one specific change, it was just one example. But yes, that happens for me all the time. if you dig these blocks you have an instant 50% penality on your cooling/freezing loop ... same as if you dug out oxylite at the beginning, instant starting penality of 50% less 'free' oxygen ...

But there is also that: cherry pick bug reports that look very easy to fix, ignore the ones that have impact feeling, especially with that short and incomplete change log and changes that i could best describe as... i better not upload my save file and show the devs how i play the game, because next time i wont be able to do that without the game changing to be fun and i don't mean using exploits. /end of second rant

23 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

this rant was not only directed at that one specific change, it was just one example. But yes, that happens for me all the time. if you dig these blocks you have an instant 50% penality on your cooling/freezing loop ... same as if you dug out oxylite at the beginning, instant starting penality of 50% less 'free' oxygen ...

I know the problem IF something turns into a solid block, but I couldn´t create a case where the new changes matters.

(The "digging penality" is the reason I try to avoid solid blocks when freezing/cooling something down. So if you could avoid blocks building up before you still can do it, if you couldn´t do it before you still can´t.

=> Only if you got a bunch of debris already and there is a block forming in the same tile, but that would mean your design already got a flaw and the new change only increases the negative impact (not 50% loss on the new block mass, instead

50% of the total mass)

30 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

But there is also that: cherry pick bug reports that look very easy to fix, ignore the ones that have impact feeling, especially with that short and incomplete change log and changes that i could best describe as... i better not upload my save file and show the devs how i play the game, because next time i wont be able to do that without the game changing to be fun and i don't mean using exploits. /end of second rant

Ok there were some ninja patches and other stuff I really hated ...

But please continue to contribute with your ideas and builds.

(Some stuff was nerfed, but isn´t it the charm of an early access game that each upgrade give you new problems to solve ?)

• Like 1

On 23.6.2018 at 1:19 AM, Cheerio said:
  • Improved load times.
  • Fixed one of the issues with hatches not going to groom stations.
  • Uprooting a plant will no longer cause a plant death notification.

View full update

You guys seem to have your hands full atm :)

so the ore thing is supposed to eat 60% of the sand in the starting biome why? if we didnt lose 50% of mass on a dig i wouldnt complain at all but thats a stacking loss of mass if you have to dig pas a column of sand

Edited by heckubis
The Squirrel did it
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, heckubis said:

so the ore thing is supposed to eat 60% of the sand in the starting biome why? if we didnt lose 50% of mass on a dig i wouldnt complain at all but thats a stacking loss of mass if you have to dig pas a column of sand

On ‎23‎-‎06‎-‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Bobanaut said:

but then i always have the feeling that most of your 'fixes' are stuff to annoy peoples current playstyle especially when you look at the current bug reports and what is ignored /rant

When the ore gets added back to the same element, it doubles it's mass, and that offsets the dig penalty. So don't worry.

Edit: Never mind, I was wrong.

Edited by GOD_AND_SATAN

Nope want screens? 

that stack was 889.2 916.3 933.5 and 946.7 if it is accommodating mass loss then it should be 1842.85

sorry couldnt get them to post normally for some odd reason

2755B79EDDC2AF724C677E32D37CA9C578FC569F06A1E8C2D131A8E81D4A0E95A75757C5269D9231there

Edited by heckubis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, heckubis said:

Nope want screens? 

that stack was 889.2 916.3 933.5 and 946.7 if it is accommodating mass loss then it should be 1842.85

2755B79EDDC2AF724C677E32D37CA9C578FC569F06A1E8C2D131A8E81D4A0E95A75757C5269D9231there

current workaround would be to dig from top to bottom but yes, this should be fixed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, heckubis said:

Nope want screens? 

I'm sorry, I just thought that I observed different behavior in my own game, but I guess I was wrong.

• Thanks 1

i hope to see "efficient mining" perk for higher level of miner job, maybe seasoned miner gets 70% ore of the total mass. In the world of survival efficiency is important.

anyway, at what cycle meteor starts raining? i thought it starts when discovered, i just saw part of the surface and it was already hit

• Like 3

I'm not seeing a problem with mass loss that can't be avoided with smart play. For sand early on you could dig from the top down but honestly since cosmic sand is renewable anyway so who cares?

As for things freezing in a cooling/heating loop? It sounds to me like you cooling system is poorly designed. Either use some automation to prevent freezing or design your system such that liquid freezes directly into debris rather than solid blocks. My volcano setup does just this and gets 20t+ mass per eruption without ever forming a block.

39 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Can you, please, show or explain such setup?

When I get home from work I can show but for now I can explain;

Liquids freezing will decide to form a solid block rather than debris if the mass of the cell is at or above the natural density of that liquid (1800kg for magma, 1000kg for water, etc). My volcano spills into a chamber sufficiently wide that cooling magma never reaches this density. Importantly, the source of cooling comes to the magma at the far end of the basin from the volcano so the cooling hits hardest where the magma is at lowest density (it does reach 1800kg near the volcano but flows out and drops below that before it is able to cool further). The whole setup is inside a vacuum so that I can use sweeper arms without worrying about overheat. The hot igneous rock powers some Nat gas cookers and a steam turbine before being eaten by stone hatches.

Just now, Prince Mandor said:

Does sweepers overheats from rocks they handle?

Yes, but they're in contact with the rocks for a very short amount of time so they're not hard to cool with a corner conductor and some passive cooling outside of the chamber (in my case a few wheezeworts is enough)