No Beefaloes?

Mather

'Ello, Ive been having problems finding Beefaloes... I cant find them anywhere at all! Is there a bug that im unsure about? Or am I not exploring enough? Ive played about 4 newly generated worlds and still no Beefaloes on the Plains biome. (Where the ground is all yellowish grass. I think its called the Plains biome...) So yeah, the question is: Is this a bug? Have they become more rare? Do they spawn on different levels on the Adventure gamemode? Or im not looking hard enough? Please respond :)

I think they are rare now because I searched my world and found only 3 Beefalos p.s. there are 11 now because the mating season

This does make sense when they mated before there were way too many at once, I think they culled them down a bit ^_^

I think I just wiped out all beefalos. I had a huge pig town and had them slaughter the herd while they were in mating season. It has not respawned yet but I am hoping for it to do so. The hugest Savannah biome is taken over by Rabbits so I have to depend on the Beefalos to respawn in the same spot.

Loaded 6 new worlds since the patch. Found Beefalos once.Pig towns and wormholes seem more scarce as well, but that could be the RNG hatin' me.

I still find looots of pig towns. But the map is alot bigger now, so that might be part of your problem.But I still hate that I can travel along a giant savannah that has little purpose besides being the beefalo biome, and find no beefalo.

I can't hardly find any either since the new update.I think they are a little bit too important to be so rare, can't plant crops, can't move bushes closer to me. It looks like I'm totally going to have to rely on traps and rabbit meat.

I can't hardly find any either since the new update.

I think they are a little bit too important to be so rare, can't plant crops, can't move bushes closer to me. It looks like I'm totally going to have to rely on traps and rabbit meat.

Just collect a few berries and let them rot. Easy fertilizer! You'll still need poop for your farms, however...

I figured it out. After loading a map reveal utility and looking at many maps- I can tell you the new worlds are huge and segregated. Many of them are ring shaped.This means you could travel for many days and not chance upon the ONE major pig town or beefalo savanna that exists in these new maps.I very much wish the "patchwork" maps of yesterday were back.Hey Devs! Make 'em huge, sure- but break it up a bit perhaps?

I have two or three (now about twenty [mating season]) Beefalo in the forest near my base, and a ridiculously large herd in a distant Savannah. It took me forever to find the Savannah herd, but once I did, they were all over the place. It was a bit odd. Maybe they all spawned in one place and got stuck?