Some Content of the Artistic Form That I Do

Oh I am so glad the bird is friendly!! -u-;;;

I knew it came after you (and maybe carried it to it's nest) but I didn't know it was friendly. I wonder if killing such a thing (if possible) would be worth 100 naughtiness points or something >u<

Oh yeah he does sortalook the the bird from Up, huh :p

On 11/24/2018 at 6:58 AM, DragonMage156 said:

knew it came after you (and maybe carried it to it's nest) but I didn't know it was friendly. I wonder if killing such a thing (if possible) would be worth 100 naughtiness points or something >u<

I don't think I'm able to kill it. I could try hitting it's feet sometimes but I think that will repeat the WX incident. XD
Be careful as it can step on and destroy structures, therefore destroying homes or camps. 

7 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I don't think I'm able to kill it. I could try hitting it's feet sometimes but I think that will repeat the WX incident. XD
Be careful as it can step on and destroy structures, therefore destroying homes or camps. 

I hope it doesn't destroy town houses >->;;

Is it exclusive to one season? (Like does it ever leave or is it permanent?)

On 11/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, DragonMage156 said:

hope it doesn't destroy town houses >->;;

Is it exclusive to one season? (Like does it ever leave or is it permanent?)

I think it does, unfortunately. However, I found that it can't land/spawn if you hug the side of the cliff/map, so do that until you're out of town.

I don't know much how to predict when it comes. The first time it came to me was after my first lush season, but lately it's been coming in the beginning of my first humid season.
However, there is this 'queen's scepter' found in it's nesting site if you look around. A sink hole leads to a cave chasm that leads to the island of the queen pig's city. Give the queen the scepter and you will get a key to her gallery, allowing you to have either the key to the city, or the can of silly string to craft the Skyworthy. Both powerful items. 
Key to the City allows you to build pig houses and businesses, and is usually the first thing I go for.

So, now to actually put something useful on here...
Cooking again, this time a buttermuffin. 
20181121_114625_by_gallusvarius_dct03a0-

I know it's not the most fabulous butter muffin. You see, it's entirely made from scratch, including the frosting and that butterfly. Our frosting was not a solid kind and it was impossible to get a ruffled effect, but I tried to a least make the frosting of the muffin look imperfect in the way it sorta does on buttermuffins.
The butterfly is made of a caramel or brittle, like you find in peanut brittle, but without the peanuts. It's just sugar I melted down to a liquid and then used a spoon to try and shape liquid sugar into a butterfly shape on a mat for candy-cooling.
There were many, many reject-butterflies. I didn't have a shape to cast the liquid with. 
The darker stuff is chocolate I melted, and then also 'painted on' with a spoon. Some of the caramel butterflies would have made it if I hadn't skewed their paint-job because I was dabbing chocolate on them with a spoon.  This is the only butterfly that survived, and even it is highly imperfect and seems to pale in comparison with much 'neater' butterflies found on other buttermuffins...
But hey. My butterfly is edible. Not just edible, but it's caramel with chocolate, it's actually my favorite part of the whole cupcake. I'd rather just eat the butterflies off of them.
The game describes them as being 'a soft muffin with a crunchy butterfly.' I can tell you that such a texture has been properly replicated. I actually liked the muffins with the butterflies for the very same reason. 

My sister's Wendy costume was deserving of a proper sort of show in the right setting, so we took her and the muffin to the most forest-y-place we have in our more tropical area... 

20181121_131908_by_gallusvarius_dct038u-
I know, there's some litter in the picture... Pollution is a terrible problem with the world. We live near the ocean, it gets washed or blow into us whether we're producing it or not. Though I'm sure my area is just as bad as all the others.   We tried to avoid getting litter in the picture, though I didn't have any good ones at this angle except this one...

20181121_132023_by_gallusvarius_dct03aj-

The best of all the photos. The muffin isn't as visible but it's great for what Wendy might be doing.   (There is still a plastic bottle back there, darn it. There's no escape D8 ) Here in this photo, Wendy is looking behind herself in some kind of silent alarm I guess, paused right before enjoying her muffin. Perhaps she thought she heard something. 

20181121_131741_by_gallusvarius_dct03bh-
An unfortunately blurry photo of a the muffin with the foresty-ness in the backround. Sadly, all this had to be taken with my mother's phone and not mine, as mine has been refusing to work for a while now, and my father has not bothered to help me fix it yet.. I don't use it for anything but pictures anyway, I guess. 

And in a spoiler, here's a photo of the good butterfly, next to all the reject butterflies. So you can see what happens when you try to use a mere mortal spoon to do art out of scalding hot uncooperative liquids. 

Spoiler

20181121_130650_by_gallusvarius_dct039j-
So, the one on the left might be okay, but other than that one and the 'good butterfly,' the others are shameful blobby shapes that are decidedly not butterflies at all, but merely distorted shapes of caramel and chocolate that look like they might have wanted to be butterflies but never had their wishes granted. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raspberry Milk said:

The images don't seem to be loading for me.

Oh, hmm... I'm not sure how to fix it. It might be a problem with the image file itself, having come from my mother's phone, it's not a png. It's visible to me though. 
If anyone else finds this problem, please report it and I'll try to do something about it.

17 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Sadly, all this had to be taken with my mother's phone and not mine, as mine has been refusing to work for a while now

If it doesn't focus, you can try cleaning the lense. Works for me sometimes. And I always hold down the camera button and let it focus before taking a pic. Other than that, Idk.

17 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

reject butterflies

They don't actually look that bad. I'd still eat them, sounds delicious ^_^

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, minespatch said:

ou really look like Wendy! Nice work with the outfit. The buttermuffins are pretty good too. Would be nice to try one

Nope, not me, that's my sister 'CookieWizard.' ^^' 
I look more like Wigfrid, if anyone at all. 

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

They don't actually look that bad. I'd still eat them, sounds delicious ^_^

49 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Would be nice to try one

If somehow you all could, I would be eager to allow it. Alas, it is not very plausible. Thank you all for your positive feedback, though. 

15 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Fortunately I'm able to see them, and you did a pretty excellent job with limited materials. Many of those reject butterflies don't look half bad, and hey, if you can eat them, who cares?

Thanks! Yeah, that's how I feel about it. 'If I can eat it why do I care how it looks?' For the most part anyway. Some things are better not to resemble something you wish not to eat, of course... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

If somehow you all could, I would be eager to allow it. Alas, it is not very plausible. Thank you all for your positive feedback, though. 

[intrusive thoughts of Klei forums holiday gift exchange] [visualises envelope with grease stains from candy butterflies]

[squashes intrusive thoughts]

Most of us don't have the money for such friendly, optimistic activities. I mean, several people here live in the far away land that is New Zealand. But hey! It's so great that this community exists (Klei has to pay for the domain and engine and stuff), and that we're all part of it.

[an art exchange would probably be more cost-effective, or postcards, or postcards drawn by forum users, or maybe one of those things where a sheet is sent around from user to user and they all draw something on it before sending it on to the next user and it becomes a nice collaborative effort, or, or, or...]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

[intrusive thoughts of Klei forums holiday gift exchange] [visualises envelope with grease stains from candy butterflies]

[squashes intrusive thoughts]

Most of us don't have the money for such friendly, optimistic activities. I mean, several people here live in the far away land that is New Zealand. But hey! It's so great that this community exists (Klei has to pay for the domain and engine and stuff), and that we're all part of it.

[an art exchange would probably be more cost-effective, or postcards, or postcards drawn by forum users, or maybe one of those things where a sheet is sent around from user to user and they all draw something on it before sending it on to the next user and it becomes a nice collaborative effort, or, or, or...]

Yes, mailing cupcakes doesn't work too well. ^^'  It'd be, as the game would call it, a 'Stale Buttermuffin,' by the time it got there, if not worse. 

True, though we seem to do well enough with the internet here. Though if I ever find a local community with which to share cosplays and such with, I could also share some of the silly stuff I cook. 

Speaking of which. What crockpot food do you all think we should try to cook next? 

I'm alive, and drawing, but eh, I take forever to upload on here these days. 

For now though... Here is something I had been working on. I always see like, these 'generic adventure mode' pieces, with like, the character (Usually Wilson) trying to endure and survive a blizzard or something, or in-generally struggling somehow. Well, mine isn't exactly struggling, just inspecting the Box Thing, but I decided to do one for Wigfrid because I haven't seen one for her. I haven't for the others either, though, so not that she's in more need than say, Webber or Wes... 
But none the less, here's an adventure mode scene of the moderately generic kind. 

(Edited: Look in the spoiler)

That is the moon, but it's actually sun-set in the picture. I decided to try some new... Techniques, like the hash-y cross-y way of shading that I don't know the name of. That and weirdly not defining the horizon... It's supposedly sunset, so that's why the light comes from a different direction than the visible moon. But there is literally no indication that it's sun-set except maybe the weird shadows. 

...The image got squished when I put it here, hmm. Maybe a spoiler can fix it...

Spoiler

adventuremodeorsomething_by_gallusvarius

Yeah, a spoiler fixed it. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Techniques, like the hash-y cross-y way of shading that I don't know the name of.

It so happens that the term you're looking for is crosshatching. So you almost got it.

10 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

inspecting the Box Thing

Nice storytelling! Wigfrid looks both curious and cautious here, like she's ready for any terrible thing that could happen if she touches it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ResettePlayer said:

It so happens that the term you're looking for is crosshatching. So you almost got it.

Ah, thanks. I think I like how it turned out for the stone, but I don't know if it's as effective on 'softer' forms like clothing or humans. 

2 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Nice storytelling! Wigfrid looks both curious and cautious here, like she's ready for any terrible thing that could happen if she touches it.

Yeah, probably... She doesn't trust Maxwell, not after the traps she encountered earlier that he clearly and deliberately placed and even put a sign down mentioning it. 

• Like 1