[Game Update] - 266340

I really appreciate the discussion over the last few updates about the rapid drastic changes to hear transfer calculation, specifically as it relates to abyssalite. 

But can somebody please ELI5 this new change for me? As I understand it, the sequence was:

-Abyssalite was essentially a perfect insulator, isolating biomes completely

-then six-ish days ago, heat transfer changes to averaging that of two touching blocks, effectively halving the insulating power of abyssalite, frying lava-adjacent biomes in a matter of cycles.

-Then three days ago, it switched back to the old calculation

-then today's update happened, which, in practical terms, does what exactly to heat transfer, specifically abyssalite?

• Thanks 1

I hate to say it. But invisible dupes are back in this build.:/

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Drecko now requires Hydrogen atmosphere instead of chlorine
  • Glossy Drecko egg chances can now be improved by certain diets

How is this supposed to work? I put my dreckos into a stable with mealwood now, but the chance of an egg stays @ 2%. same for dreckos in my other stable with peppernuts.

Also the info-text for hydrogen might not have been updated yet. The current drecko info tells me to go for a chlorine atmosphere. Or is the atmosphere change only for glossy dreckos?

23 minutes ago, Skrivener said:

Multiple crashes after new patch in cycle 0 with Windows 10 on MacBook Pro, three new worlds built so far all crashed including when resumed.

5 minutes ago, Kiros said:

My game crashes whenever I paint anything in with debug mode or sandbox mode. I sent in reports, how it gets sorted soon.

12 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Keyboard crash (with Azerty model) is also back with this build, I think it's when you press "Backspace". :(

I'm pretty sure this all has to do with the same problem.

Pacu can't fall without causing the game to crash.

Exception in: (Pacu).FallStates.root.snaptoground.Enter

Since Pacu are spawned in the air, they can't fall without causing the game to crash.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Thermal conductivity is now a log-average instead of an average

Good news for me, though might be a bad news for my cpu and thermodynamics.

Harmonic mean is more physical, but cant show a significant difference with the original method (low conductivity). if devs want to add a difference but refuse to introduce a bonus thickness, log is a smart way.

Edited by R9MX4

personally, I hate the changes made to the Drecko since it showed up. Put it back to breathing chlorine and producing plastic. it actually made it worth farming and made the chlorine geysers something other than an annoyance.  Now its just a creature I'm going to completely ignore, or kill on sight. 

15 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Good news for me, though might be a bad news for my cpu

Maybe not, since there are so few materials in the game, good optimization would dictate storing the results of this calculation in a lookup table. Rather than calculating it over and over again for the same results a few tens of thousands of times per tic :b