What happens to your pet when you die in the wilderness mode?

On 29. 4. 2018 at 6:36 AM, minespatch said:

Do they really? They seem so unkillable in my endless server.:wilson_ecstatic:

Once upon an ipod there was a main  , willow main , the main didn't feed his pet poop and the poop made noises and one day the noises were so horendous the time space deleted itself

The end

I know this is an old thread now, but...I'm playing Wilderness Mode for the first time now and I have a pet, so it's a shame that this never ACTUALLY got answered... (I know better than to de-ignore John Watson's post about this.  He's the one who made the mod about EATING your pets!)

Seriously, though, unattached pets just cry forever and it's the most depressing thing.  Annoying, yes, but also sad.

...Notorious

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

He's the one who made the mod about EATING your pets!

It also allows you to dry them from a drying rack, that's also pretty useful.

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Seriously, though, unattached pets just cry forever and it's the most depressing thing.  Annoying, yes, but also sad.

That does sound incredibly annoying. I figured they'd just despawn.

Well, that's the thing--I STILL don't actually know what happens in Wilderness.  Seriously, it never occurred to me that we still don't know--but I tried typing in "don't starve together wilderness pets" and this topic, with no actual answer, is the most relevant thing that popped up...

But how I DO know about unattached pets is:  If someone just spawns one in with the console.  They don't actually belong to any player so NOBODY can feed them, and...yeah.

(As for the other thing...dude. We get that you don't like that feature of the game.  You know what you could do, instead of horribly murdering and eating the cute things?  NOT HAVE A PET IN THE FIRST PLACE!)

...Notorious

56 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

but I tried typing in "don't starve together wilderness pets" and this topic, with no actual answer, is the most relevant thing that popped up...

it has an actual, non-joking answer as the first reply, you'd see it if you didn't block anyone who makes jokes you dislike.

Archived