Did you really need so much morb?

You made wild puft cause you don't want to take care of it? But i read in the patch note that wild critter produce less than tammed one.

Cool design, i think i could be construct more compact and i don't see the point to separate so much the wild and tame side, why you don't put the two and the same side so you need only one room for morb that they feed both wild and tamed puft?

Can only keep 4 tamed pufts in a room and that room needs to be 96 tiles which is pretty big so I'm not sure how much more compact I can get the reason I have an area for Wild Ones as I can put as many in there as I walk without having to worry about the overcrowded debuff so I can pack them in there nice and tight. Yes wild Puffs produce a little less slime but being able to pack them beyond the four Puffs limit I think makes up for it

Ranching and your particular build here is really cool.  :shock:  It is always interesting to see what kind of wild zoo complex people build.   

Too bad it is something I just can't seem to get into building myself. 

Yes sure you can optimize the production by infinite number of puft.

For sure you can made the room with algae distiller 4 tile less larger.

I really think you can put the left side next to the right side.

When i got time i will use debug mod to show you what i mean

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

Can only keep 4 tamed pufts in a room and that room needs to be 96 tiles which is pretty big so I'm not sure how much more compact I can get the reason I have an area for Wild Ones as I can put as many in there as I walk without having to worry about the overcrowded debuff so I can pack them in there nice and tight. Yes wild Puffs produce a little less slime but being able to pack them beyond the four Puffs limit I think makes up for it

If you overcrowd tamed pufts, don't they just not produce eggs? Do they still consumes and produce more than wild ones? If so, you could just groom them long enough to tame them then disable the station.

1 minute ago, Luminite2 said:

If you overcrowd tamed pufts, don't they just not produce eggs? Do they still consumes and produce more than wild ones? If so, you could just groom them long enough to tame them then disable the station.

I was thinking about adding a grooming station on the right

I don't finish all the detail, just wanted to show you the idea.

So i base all on your design, it's give something like this the grooming room is 96 tile and you can modify it to the left if you want to have the incubator becoming a ranch room with grooming station but if you don't care overcrowding the right room need only one autosweeper like that work for both egg and slime.

What do you think about it?

image.thumb.png.73aad8ac80439aafd00b06d8214d9379.pngI

12 minutes ago, docteurmaboul83 said:

I don't finish all the detail, just wanted to show you the idea.

So i base all on your design, it's give something like this the grooming room is 96 tile and you can modify it to the left if you want to have the incubator becoming a ranch room with grooming station but if you don't care overcrowding the right room need only one autosweeper like that work for both egg and slime.

What do you think about it?

image.thumb.png.73aad8ac80439aafd00b06d8214d9379.pngI

Very nice

On 3/31/2018 at 1:38 PM, Neotuck said:

What?  I thought you could keep one critter per 12 tiles of space meaning the 96 tile max for a stable could hold 8 critters.  Is it different for each critter?  UGH

31 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

What?  I thought you could keep one critter per 12 tiles of space meaning the 96 tile max for a stable could hold 8 critters.  Is it different for each critter?  UGH

For pufts it's 24 tiles, all others it's 12

5 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Apparently it's 12 tiles for ground based critters and 24 tiles for pufts

Beaten to it :) although I'm kind of wondering if the 24 is intentional or not. 

I think it's 12 tiles for shine bugs too, haven't really tested them as they seem to be a useless critter in this patch

Im so bad at this game, couldnt yet figure what all the conditions are for spawning morbs. When i started this new colony, just within a few cycles, dupes slacked cleaning one of the outhouses, and it spawned a morb. Damn thing was locked in the same room with a deodorizer till i got plastic for traps. Later on i build a room with a bunch of outhouses separated by doors, and disabled toilets till they were all full. No morbs.Just a huge pile of stink.  

What am i missing here???

30 minutes ago, DyingCrow said:

Im so bad at this game, couldnt yet figure what all the conditions are for spawning morbs. When i started this new colony, just within a few cycles, dupes slacked cleaning one of the outhouses, and it spawned a morb. Damn thing was locked in the same room with a deodorizer till i got plastic for traps. Later on i build a room with a bunch of outhouses separated by doors, and disabled toilets till they were all full. No morbs.Just a huge pile of stink.  

What am i missing here???

Only one morb spawns per full outhouse.  Once a morb spawns you'll need to clean and fill it again to spawn another

3 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Only one morb spawns per full outhouse.  Once a morb spawns you'll need to clean and fill it again to spawn another

That i know, what i dont know is if there is any special condition for morbs to spawn when an outhouse is full and has not been cleaned. Such as atmosphere composition, pressure, temperature, or even if the outhouse is within walls, or not. Maybe the problem is that i build them out in the open, surrounded by pneumatic doors where all these factors change constantly. I cant think of any other explanation.

14 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Oh so you were just keeping it from off gassing?  Very nice.

back during Occupational I used chlorine to kill any slimelung germs, but after Ranch puft poo is germ free so it's no longer necessary 

1 hour ago, DyingCrow said:

That i know, what i dont know is if there is any special condition for morbs to spawn when an outhouse is full and has not been cleaned. Such as atmosphere composition, pressure, temperature, or even if the outhouse is within walls, or not. Maybe the problem is that i build them out in the open, surrounded by pneumatic doors where all these factors change constantly. I cant think of any other explanation.

Don't disable it. Restrict movement to the outhouse until the morb spawns, for example via a door.

Do you have enough slime output to justify more than one distiller? I was doing some experimenting with algae farming myself and even with 6 tame Pufts with enough high pressure PO2 to consume full time, one distiller isn't working full time. Maybe I am missing some way to improve their slime output. It doesn't seem very useful to use pufts for an algae farm at this point.

Archived