1 hour ago, Luminite2 said:

The wiki says that, each tick, there is a 0.1% chance of a polluted water tile gassing off 0.1% of its mass. That means 0.0001% of the mass gets converted each tick (on average). When the wiki entry was written, tick rate was 4/second, so 0.000001/tick * 4 tick/sec * 600 sec/cycle = 0.0024 (0.24%) converted per cycle. 800kg * 0.0024 = 1.92kg (slightly less because rate will slightly decline as more and more converts). Since then, I believe the tick rate was increased to 5/sec, which makes the calculation come out to 2.4kg (0.3%/cycle). The numbers you observed seem very reasonable.

So, each full tile of polluted water can result in about 1kg/cycle of slime (given 2:1 ratio for pufts).

Is that for each unit of surface area?  Or is it for each full body of fluid?  Because I've seen those comb shaped Airflow P-H2O containers people build for maximizing surface area.  There must be a reason for that.

28 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Is that for each unit of surface area?  Or is it for each full body of fluid?  Because I've seen those comb shaped Airflow P-H2O containers people build for maximizing surface area.  There must be a reason for that.

it's the same as there is only one surface area per tile of PW, the top

PW doesn't emit PO from the sides or bottom

(I did a quick test)20180406175140_1.thumb.jpg.deae30fff25a8bac1eb6fe1ef6089bbc.jpg

Archived