Mod: Big Freeze

2 hours ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

Will you update the Map for the Ranching II update? 

Or is the map already compatible?

Also one thing i found is that some biomes have "cracked" abyssalit patches due to ruins or directly to the start biome.

This causes massive heat/cold exchange and fried most of my slime and ice biomes in my current playthrough.

Last question: How many AETN should be on the Map? So far i only found one and thats quite not enough for such an huge (and awesome) map :D 

EDIT: Last Point: Slicksters seem to not spawn or they die quickly. I didn't fund any so i had to spawn two in through the DEBUG Option.

I'm a bit strapped for time, but I'll probably release some updates and fixes over the weekend to address this. It seems that I only have some worldgen tags to deal with compared to last update's geyser extravaganza so it shouldn't be to hard. If anyone has some more suggestions then don't be afraid to post about them here :) 

edit: suggestions can include where you think new mobs/critters should go since I'll need to do some planning to decide which location would be best anyway 

Hi everyone...Its been a...lets just leave it at a good while. 

I apologise for my long absence. 

As noted this mod is out of date, by a good while. It will not currently work on the newer versions of the game. The main issue is mainly a me problem. The new updates had changed a good amount to world gen and as a result I started to loose my ability to properly judge what is balanced and what is just blatantly overpowered. Before publishing a new version I would run a play thru with it to see if anything was broken. My main headache at the moment is that I don't think I have the capability to run such a play thru at the moment using just the vanilla world gen. 

I will probably need to rebuild the mod files from scratch and then re-balance everything so that it works as expected. If and when I get some free-time I'll see what I can do, but keeping the new space exploration mechanics in mind I think it would be easier to just port some of my existing work over to a new mod. 

I'll probably go with something a tad more random then the base game when and if I start work on that... 

The chlorine ice subworld is still my favourite btw... 

Edit: If anyone has any advice, like adding more AETNS (Will do that) or removing some geysers then I am still all ears... 

Hello my dear friend, first of all I find it great that people work on mods for ONI :) Would it perhaps be possible that you can integrate the following options ?

> The Babba Mode ( it is how I play the game currently ):

Default map size is x10.66 ( all tiles are Neutronium for decent game speed on the latest cpu`s ), except the top space part - This should be generated as in a "Normal Game"

* 20 AETN`s

* 20 random volcanoes

* 20 random water sources

* 20 hydrogen sources

* 20 oil sources

* Start resources: 50000t Steel, 50000t Petroleum, 50000t Plastic, 50000t Slime, 50000t Copper, 50000t Cleanwater

* The first 3 dupes are called @Madbro , @Oozinator , @Nativel

I would be glad to test your mode if you want to integrate this "Babba Mode". This would be the great fun and challenge gameplay for builders and power players.

Best regards, babba...King of Peppernut CPU Kebap

On 11/13/2018 at 4:19 AM, babba said:

Hello my dear friend, first of all I find it great that people work on mods for ONI :) Would it perhaps be possible that you can integrate the following options ?

Default map size is x10.66 ( all tiles are Neutronium for decent game speed on the latest cpu`s ), except the top space part - This should be generated as in a "Normal Game"

* 20 AETN`s

* 20 random volcanoes

* 20 hydrogen sources

* 20 oil sources

* Start resources: 50000t Steel, 50000t Petroleum, 50000t Plastic, 50000t Slime, 50000t Copper, 50000t Cleanwater

I would be glad to test your mode if you want to integrate this "Babba Mode". This would be the great fun and challenge gameplay for builders and power players.

how can i play babba mode?

The Babba mode has not been made available yet, due to technical difficulties. However, there is a manual hand crank:

Activate debug mode, then wait for babba to fly back to his computer. Maybe I can make a default save game with my start settings, for low cost acquisition (usd 0.00 which is equivalent in euros = around 0.00, excuse any roundup mistakes and please consider the currency rate fluctuations). 

Yours, babba

King of shredded fish

On 11/12/2018 at 11:19 PM, babba said:

* 20 AETN`s

* 20 random volcanoes

* 20 hydrogen sources

* 20 oil sources

Mmm.....

Unfortunately I can't get everything on this list working. The starting dupes and the starting resources being examples. However this does give me an idea. Ever heard of something like Minecraft skyblock. I could try making that a thing in oxygen not included thru some worldgen trickery. Essentially spawning in a hollow asteroid with a but ton of resource generating geysers.   

Ive started playing SurvivingMars. Someday I maybe can provide the babba mode setup save for interested players. As it will take me 1000 cycles to get to in-game rockets in debug mode with my proposed ONI build stuff in x10.66 map size ... Does anyone know how to spawn rocket parts in debug ? Being able to spawn rocket parts in ONI maybe gets me away from playing SurvivingMars. The arc from a fresh start in debug mode to get to rockets is just too long and tedious for me, especially in view of the optimization problems and rocket bugs.

Yeah, but how ? I love the parts at 3:26 in your movie, the birdies. I propose that all humans, or apes, should communicate with each other the way we do. Imagine how many people would pay $10 for a rollercoaster ride at 6 or 7 Flags with a screen in front of them playing your videos. Here is $10 for you.

image.png.f17e394568874169ba8f0daf166cdda3.png

Just now, babba said:

Yeah, but how ? I propose that all humans, or apes, should communicate with each other the way we do. Imagine how many people would pay $10 for a rollercoaster ride with a screen in front of them playing your videos. Here is $10 for you.

image.png.f17e394568874169ba8f0daf166cdda3.png

Exactly! All you have to do is to press the correct buttons in the right order.
First a then b, hold down C release a, then press C and D.

Archived