My Don’t Starve Theories

I am new to these Forms and I am an active and well known Don’t Starve theorist in the Don’t Starve Amino. I wanted to share some of my theories with others and see what they thought of them or had to add to them. Here is some of my most recent ones :)

http://aminoapps.com/p/wdqpdx

http://aminoapps.com/p/y8w79n

http://aminoapps.com/p/y04yr1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Forge: Seems to be another case of the victim looking for a replacement so she could be freed but her face in the trailer looks twisted in my opinion.
Maxwell, victim: My friend doesn't like charlie so she'd might agree with your theory. Though one of the William carter puzzle images have her finding the codex with interest. She looks like she never seen the book before.
First person: My friend @artistcrab has been doing some headcanons on the shadow Watcher. If she doesn't see this mention, I'll link your theory to her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@minespatch In the Truth Behind Maxwell Theory I was implying that Charlie has always been the bad guy and that she was the one who orchestrated everything including Maxwell obtaining the Codex. If this is the case then perhaps she knows more about the codex then we were led to believe. 

Edited by MasteroftheTDS
  • Thanks 1

It's a neat theory but I'm going to have to disagree with Charlie orchestrating the entire thing. The William Carter puzzles indicated that she didn't think the shadows were real, and her lines hidden in Maxwell's speech files make it clear that she's angry at Maxwell for everything that's happened. Charlie is smart and much more creative, that's what I agree with, but I don't think she's the master of masters. I think she's now just as much a pawn to THEM, the malicious entities that reside in the shadows. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Raspberry Milk said:

Eh. I did the puzzle and never found these.

They're in the speech files of the game. You have to go through your steam files to find them. 

Also:

Hey Maxy,

We really knocked 'em dead last night, didn't we? I thought that old guy in the front wasn't going to make it. Those shadow things are so convincing - they almost scare me, and I'm part of the act!

We can work on the new finale when I get back from my sister's place. I'm looking forward to it!

~ Charlie ♥

This note is from the William Carter puzzles which can be found here:

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles

• Thanks 1

Just now, Quoth143 said:

They're in the speech files of the game. You have to go through your steam files to find them. 

Also:

Hey Maxy,

We really knocked 'em dead last night, didn't we? I thought that old guy in the front wasn't going to make it. Those shadow things are so convincing - they almost scare me, and I'm part of the act!

We can work on the new finale when I get back from my sister's place. I'm looking forward to it!

~ Charlie ♥

This note is from the William Carter puzzles which can be found here:

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles

I know all the stuff from the carter puzzles, but I never bother to go into the files / look them up, apart from when I was doing the metheus puzzle.

• Like 1

Alright let's see.

What Came Before

• So the original post mentioning Wagstaff had a year on it (1919), and it was after Maxwell and Charlie were brought into the Constant. Chances are the reason Wagstaff was able to make a radio ahead of is time is because Maxwell, like Wilson, gave him forbidden knowledge.
  • The Portal is a weird one, it's something I've been a bit unsure on for a while. Not sure if I agree, but I don't have counterarguments.
  • You're using Winona's quote for events that, theoretically, occurred before the events of even Don't Starve. We're not sure how Winona came to the Constant yet, but it's a safe bet it has to due with after Charlie came into power. So I can't agree.
  • The Shadow Watcher being Wagstaff doesn't work for a few reasons. Again, the original post about Wagstaff included a year, and this was after Maxwell entered the Constant—a Shadow Watcher was already present during the final act, so the timeline doesn't work. Not to mention the Fuelweaver's mind ability shows several Shadow Watchers.

The Truth Behind Maxwell: Villain or Victim?

• Using old quotes as fact is a very dangerous thing. Sure, sometimes they are removed because they say too much, but a lot of time they're removed because they are no longer true or relevant. Using them as supplementary evidence can be ok occasionally just never build the foundation on it. 
  • For the reasons said above by others I can't believe Charlie was ever responsible. You bring up a good point about us having no idea how she became the Grue, but it probably fits in that ??? slot "Some crazy stuff happens that we haven't told you about yet....". I personally believe it has to do with the ancient Queen, or rather what's left of them, but that's another story.

The Forge Explained?

• I like the connection with the Triumph, I'm willing to believe that.
  • I agree that the victory was definitely for Charlie, and the white energy was a result for that.
  • I'm not so sure I agree with Charlie breaking away from the shadows influence though. Not simply because she merged with her shadow half, but also because of the Fuelweaver. In my eyes the Fuelweaver isn't a bad guy. They warn the player, and want to turn off the gateway. It's a bit weird considering that kills them in the process—It's a selfless act. Yet Charlie helps us defeat them to gain access to the gateway. That's super fishy to me. Not to mention Pugna wants to destroy the Throne, another good goal! Yet Charlie has us defeat them. Suspicious. 
Edited by Zeklo
Added Wagstaff year
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, Zeklo said:

Alright let's see.

What Came Before

• So the original post mentioning Wagstaff had a year on it (1919), and it was after Maxwell and Charlie were brought into the Constant. Chances are the reason Wagstaff was able to make a radio ahead of is time is because Maxwell, like Wilson, gave him forbidden knowledge.
  • The Portal is a weird one, it's something I've been a bit unsure on for a while. Not sure if I agree, but I don't have counterarguments.
  • You're using Winona's quote for events that, theoretically, occurred before the events of even Don't Starve. We're not sure how Winona came to the Constant yet, but it's a safe bet it has to due with after Charlie came into power. So I can't agree.
  • The Shadow Watcher being Wagstaff doesn't work for a few reasons. Again, the original post about Wagstaff included a year, and this was after Maxwell entered the Constant—a Shadow Watcher was already present during the final act, so the timeline doesn't work. Not to mention the Fuelweaver's mind ability shows several Shadow Watchers.

The Truth Behind Maxwell: Villain or Victim?

• Using old quotes as fact is a very dangerous thing. Sure, sometimes they are removed because they say too much, but a lot of time they're removed because they are no longer true or relevant. Using them as supplementary evidence can be ok occasionally just never build the foundation on it. 
  • For the reasons said above by others I can't believe Charlie was ever responsible. You bring up a good point about us having no idea how she became the Grue, but it probably fits in that ??? slot "Some crazy stuff happens that we haven't told you about yet....". I personally believe it has to do with the ancient Queen, or rather what's left of them, but that's another story.

The Forge Explained?

• I like the connection with the Triumph, I'm willing to believe that.
  • I agree that the victory was definitely for Charlie, and the white energy was a result for that.
  • I'm not so sure I agree with Charlie breaking away from the shadows influence though. Not simply because she merged with her shadow half, but also because of the Fuelweaver. In my eyes the Fuelweaver isn't a bad guy. They warn the player, and want to turn off the gateway. It's a bit weird considering that kills them in the process—It's a selfless act. Yet Charlie helps us defeat them to gain access to the gateway. That's super fishy to me. Not to mention Pugna wants to destroy the Throne, another good goal! Yet Charlie has us defeat them. Suspicious. 

Thanks for the feedback, these were just interesting things to think about that puts a spin on things. Also for all we know Charlie could be just playing along making us think she was oblivious, just an idea. 

On 2/2/2018 at 10:20 AM, Quoth143 said:

It's a neat theory but I'm going to have to disagree with Charlie orchestrating the entire thing. The William Carter puzzles indicated that she didn't think the shadows were real, and her lines hidden in Maxwell's speech files make it clear that she's angry at Maxwell for everything that's happened. Charlie is smart and much more creative, that's what I agree with, but I don't think she's the master of masters. I think she's now just as much a pawn to THEM, the malicious entities that reside in the shadows. 

It might not be Charlie behind everything but it would certainly explain why she appears more powerful then Maxwell was when he was on the throne. I mean they both got taken into the world the same way yet Maxwell doesn’t appear to be as affected by that as Charlie was. It would be an interesting twist to have everything turned on it’s head if Charlie really was playing us for fools. 

Edited by MasteroftheTDS