[Theory] Wolfgang's Past

Warning: I will stretch certain pieces of evidence to make things more coherent below:

So, to sum things up, Wolfgang grew up on a farm (where he may have gotten his affinity for plants from) and also mentions an uncle and  (possibly Polish) grandmother. Later he joined the army, and eventually ended up as a calvary officer in the army of some unspecified (but presumably Central or Eastern European) country (The pointed helmet he wears seems to point to Prussia/Germany). He mentions gangrene from what is likely this time period, but it might've been a comrade. This is also probably where his (maybe PTSD-caused) fear of darkness came from. Also, at some point in this summary's time, he was exposed to Communism.

Later, he joined the circus (I know it's not given whether the army service or circus work came first, but it's more logical for someone to retire from the army and then join a circus to earn a living than the other way around). He may have immigrated from Europe to America beforehand (lots of people in his time were doing that. Also, if he works for the circus whose poster is found in the William Carter puzzles, it puts him in close proximity to Maxwell, which could provide a link between his old life and being brought to the Constant).

Assuming that theory is correct, there's still the interesting point that Maxwell kept the circus poster for what could've been over a year (in his secret "study room", where it even survived the earthquake), which indicates some... issues. Given that the train collision affected him enough to make him keep that poster for so long, it wouldn't be as much of a stretch as it would otherwise be for Maxwell to also turn his attention to certain members of that circus. Well, looks like I got a bit sidetracked here...

Anyway, that's what I got so far for now. Hope we get more information on Wolfgang (and the others) later on.

12 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Overalls, long gloves, and steel toe boots. And for extra style points you can wear a straw hat and carry a pitchfork.

It's the famous Super Mario Skin ;) already done haha I loved it

@minespatch I was more thinking about a young Wolfgang skin (farmer) like what we have seen for Baby WIlson and Youngerbottom

image.png.80e8e95f647949773592dae78b1b4cf1.pngimage.png.d8ca479589de860420efc9f979852deb.png

Like this two. I really hope they will finish this collection, I would love to play with them

3 hours ago, b1b3r0n said:

It's the famous Super Mario Skin ;) already done haha I loved it

@minespatch I was more thinking about a young Wolfgang skin (farmer) like what we have seen for Baby WIlson and Youngerbottom

image.png.80e8e95f647949773592dae78b1b4cf1.pngimage.png.d8ca479589de860420efc9f979852deb.png

Like this two. I really hope they will finish this collection, I would love to play with them

Young Wilson growing a beard would be kinda wrong :) I think they'd have been released in the Through the Ages update which was changed to A New Reign. TTA would have featured skins from the characters' past and future self, like we could see in some unused artworks, hinting some backgrounds. Woody for example had a surgery in his head/brain, a hint how he he had gotten his "curse". We already saw Wolfgangs military skin, maybe it's a reference to his past.

9 minutes ago, CatBurger said:

Wolfgang is merely a ghost of a past man. I mean what kinda guy is named Wolfgang? His real name was just Joseph. But now his name is Wolfgang, because he died to a gang of wolves. 

I'm pretty sure it was recently confirmed that Wolfgang is a pack of wolves in a human suit. Interesting theory though.

Archived