What ever happened to the rose collection skins

On 11/8/2017 at 9:13 PM, Toros said:

There’s zero evidence that the devs have any intentions of bringing rose skins to steam.  Tencent got rose skins, steam got guest of honor.

Though there may be something coming up that may relate to lore with the rose sets  just as the gladiator sets relate to the forge and that bit of lore. The video did show charlie absorbing power from the portal so who knows. There was also some talk about them releasing them this new year but that too is speculation.

joeW-lore-rose-formal-collection-steam-ps4.PNG.e0f3593bc9ea31df13f03dd20685d818.PNG

1 hour ago, EsaiXD said:

Though there may be something coming up that may relate to lore with the rose sets  just as the gladiator sets relate to the forge and that bit of lore. The video did show charlie absorbing power from the portal so who knows. There was also some talk about them releasing them this new year but that too is speculation.

joeW-lore-rose-formal-collection-steam-ps4.PNG.e0f3593bc9ea31df13f03dd20685d818.PNG

On 11/8/2017 at 10:36 PM, Toros said:

Again, the way he phrased it was deliberate and non-committal.  It's a standard professional response to something that is not unilaterally Joe's decision.  The fact that we're a year later and no rose skins is a super clear indication that either it wasn't feasible, a good counterargument against it was made, or someone higher up decided against the idea.  I feel like the question is brought up pretty much monthly anyways though.

I don't have more to add than this, unless you have evidence of this "talk of them releasing next year" in which case I'd love to see a source.  I've noticed that people in this community often confidently say things that either are wishful thinking or straight up untrue.  It gets a little frustrating having to fact check all the time because you catch so many errors.

I mean if the developers know that we at least have an interest in the rose collection for sure then they might actually put it into the game, wasn't it a preorder bonus for the tencent platform maybe us beta players could just get a little present of something more than the bottomless pit ;3

but really i would love for beta testers to be able to get a loyal variant and then it could drop as a regular variant for others still in game so its unique for those who had preordered the game while sitll not just keeping a large portion of people from getting the skin

Archived