WX is such an easy character to play with

Within 20 days or so it isn't too hard to get up to 400 health points, even in public games.   Go to the ruins, bring in 5-6 log armor, 3-4 weapons and you're set.   The more you kill the higher your health.   In the nightmare cycle just run from monkeys and shadow monsters, then resume farming thulecite and gears.  I usually build a tent at the entrance to restore sanity but it makes much more sense to do it right in the ruins (and some parts are not frequented by monkeys or shadow monsters).  One of the games I played this weekend had a pretty big base in the ruins, quite a nice set up.

54 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

and then there goes all the gears and ruins stuff for the server and then the server has to try to survive off of 1 percent chance tumble gears

If is a Survival dedicated one, chill, there are rare cases when those go on more than 100 default in-game days. Also, after first autumn, very few new people join, usually newbies/casuals (or griefers) that die via Catcoon or classic grue. If Endless, just regen ruins.

2 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

and then there goes all the gears and ruins stuff for the server and then the server has to try to survive off of 1 percent chance tumble gears

It's 1% rolled 3 times.  At worst you'd expect a gear every 33ish tumbleweeds in addition to a bunch of grass, twigs, and other resources.  I've seen videos of Wx surviving purely off of tumbleweed gears simply by running along the edge every day.  I've fully upgraded before fighting deerclops before, gears are easy to get.

Ruins can also be regenerated so it's not an issue.

Don't know why Woodie isn't in the list of easy characters. I love hi sanity gain from planting cones, or ability to chew on excess twigs and whatnot.

As for tumbleweeds I once found 6 in like 3-4 tumbleweeds one after the other. To make matters even funnier I found two in the same tumbleweed. Yeah you heard me right: two gears in the same tumbleweed! :) ... and i was playing as Woodie at the time. :?

What baffles me is that every time i play with WX i seem to have a smaller chance of finding them in tumbleweeds than when I'm playing with Woodie for instance. I know the chances are the same but the luck I get sometimes...

7 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

If is a Survival dedicated one, chill, there are rare cases when those go on more than 100 default in-game days. Also, after first autumn, very few new people join, usually newbies/casuals (or griefers) that die via Catcoon or classic grue. If Endless, just regen ruins.

the thing is the people who actually have to regen the ruins aren't the people who initially started the raid  which is just a more taskly event for people who haven't even had the chance to loot the ruins.  im pretty sure you wouldn't want to be the person who had to regen using the statues and doing the weaver just cause some guy got overzealous with their characters.

7 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

the thing is the people who actually have to regen the ruins aren't the people who initially started the raid  which is just a more taskly event for people who haven't even had the chance to loot the ruins.  im pretty sure you wouldn't want to be the person who had to regen using the statues and doing the weaver just cause some guy got overzealous with their characters.

Weawer gives you OP armor, so why not?

6 minutes ago, landromat said:

Weawer gives you OP armor, so why not?

bone armor really isnt that good but mostly its a hard thing to have to do alone  so you also may need others to join in in doing so. also having to find the pieces if people dont make them get lost

3 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

bone armor really isnt that good but mostly its a hard thing to have to do alone  so you also may need others to join in in doing so. also having to find the pieces if people dont make them get lost

Bone. Armor. Is. The. Most. OP. Thing. In. The. Game.

It isn't good only if you don't know how to dodge

You can always just blow up Weawer with 2 gunpowder stacks

4 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

Again, depends on the type of servers. I for one play exclusively Survival (a good portion on Dedicated) servers and, with 2-3 other friends, do these runs - Ruins rush, Wilds base, Misery Toad etc; and yes, sometimes, if server lasts, even Fuelweaver. Same group of people that loot Ruins regen them... and loot again, for fun, if there is time and/or server survives - most of the times it doesn't. But if Endless, then true, that is a totally different "food menu" and, from what people told me/have read, a lot of base build, rebuild and recycle is done on those, most times not in a good way (aka you find your base totally destroyed/looted) and mostly the dedicated players that maintain and care about said server do the regen thingy.

As for OP topic... WX is easy if player knows how to play it well. Saw a lot of "munching shoelaces" casuals/newbies that die gloriously playing it, even after eating some gears (bonus if someone gives them or 'loot' them from others bases). As truism stating as it seems, playing WX won't assure you an easy game if knowledge and skill are not present (rhetorical).

15 hours ago, cezarica said:

Don't know why Woodie isn't in the list of easy characters. I love hi sanity gain from planting cones, or ability to chew on excess twigs and whatnot.

As for tumbleweeds I once found 6 in like 3-4 tumbleweeds one after the other. To make matters even funnier I found two in the same tumbleweed. Yeah you heard me right: two gears in the same tumbleweed! :) ... and i was playing as Woodie at the time. :?

What baffles me is that every time i play with WX i seem to have a smaller chance of finding them in tumbleweeds than when I'm playing with Woodie for instance. I know the chances are the same but the luck I get sometimes...

Woodie's not considered easy mode because werebeaver is mostly a downside and sanity is easy to manage.

His perks are not in areas where people struggle, and full moons become a hassle instead of a boon.

I still play him a lot though.

5 minutes ago, Toros said:

Woodie's not considered easy mode because werebeaver is mostly a downside and sanity is easy to manage.

His perks are not in areas where people struggle, and full moons become a hassle instead of a boon.

I still play him a lot though.

his main plus is he can chop Toadstool trees super fast

21 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

Specially in Shipwrecked. The Wet damage makes him really hard to play.

Yeah the water damage can get annoying, but the amount of gears you get in shipwreck  is also very silly. You can get a fully upgraded wx in less than a week if you luckily find the wooden platform thing 

On 10/9/2017 at 8:03 PM, EsaiXD said:

Not really, there usually is a surplus of 20-25 gears.   Unless WX dies and there is no reason for that.

wow why would you eat gears as WX that's so mean and inconsiderate towards other players you do know that other players exist right there are other players that need gears too why can't you just leave twenty stacks of gears in chests to collect dust forever like the rest of us considerate players that care about the experience of others

Archived