41.67 g/s of plastic from polymer press is abysmally small.
41.67 * 600 means only 25000g (25kg) in 1 cycle of non-stop work

To make one plastic tile/ladder/petroleum generator:
- 4 cycles time for a single press that consume 480W
- 4 cycles = 600seconds * 4 = 2400second
- the press consumes 1000 g/s of petroleum, which equals to 2400000g(2400kg)(4800kg of crude oil) of petroleum over the span of 4 cycles for 100kg of plastic!!!

Multiply all of this by 5 for one animal trap ;(

It is an end game material, and you can have more than one working at a time. So it kinda makes sense for it being so small, its the consumption that is the problem, if you want to cap the well its 5kg/s of water just to get it all started. But It defo will be changed, I will be surprised if it doesnt.

Have you guys even built any of this stuff yet before commenting? :shock:

The heat production is easily managed by recycling the steam (potential water?) it emits as a cooling source. Pair with some wolframite tiles and a few worts, and you're golden. Why don't you go try this stuff ? :D 

image.thumb.png.50b93c64c7e67ac26d16c7c079424697.png

I will echo that the production values of plastic does seem to be quite low - however I'm considering plastic as a use for my spare petroleum...

I'm currently looking at a 3 refinery system which generates 12840 net power.

Plastic is an afterthought, and if you get this set up relatively early - by late game you'll be swimming in the stuff by the time you decide to actually build with it. In the meantime, it'll produce more than enough for your comfy beds ;) 

3 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

They're good as CO2 removers (up to 250 g/s), but their oil production rate is simply not worth the bother. Seems to be 1-1 oil to CO2, meaning you'd need 24 slickers to fuel one power plant.

They're basically water free CO2 scrubbers.

Well, if our choices for renewable crude oil are between slickers, which take co2 for crude oil at a 1 to 1 ratio, or well caps, which take water for crude oil at a 5 g water per 1 gram crude oil, I'll opt for slickers all day long.

14 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

They're good as CO2 removers (up to 250 g/s), but their oil production rate is simply not worth the bother. Seems to be 1-1 oil to CO2, meaning you'd need 24 slickers to fuel one power plant.

They're basically water free CO2 scrubbers.

But you can have like two dozen of them working for free, constantly :D  My biggest confusion is their "exude" conditions, last night we did some tinkering in debug, and they're extremely buggy currently.

Sometimes storing extreme amounts of CO2, but trapping themselves in an "unable to poop" state ;) 

2 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

I had some die for no apparent reason (noticed it on loading) do they drown in oil, or any idea what is their minimum livable temperature? 

They shouldn't drown, as they can be moved to the bottom of a deep oil tank, and just gracefully float to the surface. I fear they're just buggy at this stage, but they're a nice addition to the wildlife aspect of the game at any rate.

They behave very strangely to be honest, I did some tinkering in debug but couldn't seem to figure out what their "release" trigger is to actually make oil - mine kept getting stuck in consuming loops and wouldn't exude anything.

However, when you get them working properly, jesus do they produce some oil :D 

On 22/9/2017 at 5:49 PM, Oozinator said:

How do you guys come so quick to that point (oil)? Devmode? I have so far nothing seen from oil, only thing a chlorine geysir..

Dig down towards the bottom of the map. That is where I found it.

On 2017/9/22 at 4:11 PM, The Plum Gate said:

Bingo,  ... thinking they are meant for slicksters, but what with all the hassle I'm wondering what their slicking rate is.

Except that you can't drop off a bagged slickter at this time.

The trap works only on hatch and slickter (doesn't work on morb, puft, or lightbugs), and the drop point works only on bagged hatch.

On 2017/9/22 at 8:09 AM, BlueLance said:

Nope, it says they are one use only

The trap is currently bugged, where as if you deconstruct the trap with an animal inside, it will refund you the cost with the animal floating in the air in the "bagged" state.

(And yeah, I've already reported both bugs in the bug tracker section)

Archived