New Character? Unless i'm not recognizing who this is.

Aight boys and girls, Heres the story, While browsing the steam workshop i decided to take a look at the banner for Dont Starve together, and boy did I find something interesting, None of my friends know who it is so Im hoping someone here can help me out      

Its the figure standing next to Wilson, all the other charachters seem to be there,

.Whoisthis2.thumb.PNG.1561aa5a95ee752c5319a7e9e843e59a.PNG

Heres a close up.

59c0196feffc8_Whoisthis.PNG.778ccfc4b470afdc52a03f4eea4fdf76.PNG

If anyone can help me figure out who this is it would be appreciated

Just now, fimmatek said:

No way! Wendy has much longer hair, I think at least. From the shape I would say it's most similar to Wigfrid the Triumphant, but she's already on the picture.

Maybe it's a modded character?

The shape matches Wendy's hair though, and it's not as though these are on-model sprites. They're drawn differently, look at Wilson. 

Just now, Karmattack said:

The shape matches Wendy's hair though, and it's not as though these are on-model sprites. They're drawn differently, look at Wilson. 

Yeah, they are different, but that character's hair just reaches her/his shoulders. For me it looks as if the part where the hair ends is the part where the arms begin.

43 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I don't think it's Wendy either. Don't see the silhouette of the flower or skirt. LEgs match more of a male character. Then again, there's a lot of artistic liberties on the official art.

Perhaps a character with a skin that makes the hair look that way?

6 hours ago, AzaleaGarden said:

It might not be Wendy. It's hard to see, but in the bottom left corner, there's a character who's hair shape vaguely resembles Wendy's. If I had my computer and my programs I could take a closer look.

59c0933ec5d4c_wxsilhouette.png.0f069c212e72ac293f34a5db283ef454.png59c0933986fe5_wxsilhouettelol.png.c21bcff5a2f45eb88878621eddc995e8.png

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

No way! Wendy has much longer hair, I think at least. From the shape I would say it's most similar to Wigfrid the Triumphant, but she's already on the picture.

Maybe it's a modded character?

59c0933132794_wendydstsilhouette.png.f26279b4ff975d82f9d4bfb314d05092.png59c0933519615_wendydstsilhouettelol.png.dfc19ee5fcd9fd83f42162713358d151.png

The hair is a little short, but come on, cut the artist some slack. The main details like her distinctive curly hair are there. My guess is they shortened the hair a little so her arms and torso would be more visible since she's a silhouette. tl;dr don't overreact.

2 hours ago, Atkvin said:

The hair is a little short, but come on, cut the artist some slack. The main details like her distinctive curly hair are there. My guess is they shortened the hair a little so her arms and torso would be more visible since she's a silhouette. tl;dr don't overreact.

I had some time so i decided to try to piece some things together, Unless Wendy is standing backwards it isnt her, especially from that photo you drew, In every costume she has they don't look like her at all. Even if the artist twisted her around a bunch it looks nothing like her, which is odd since almost every other silhouette is spot on.59c0a890c98bd_DSTWendy.jpg.581393dc71db6893aa40e354fefb7548.jpg

5 hours ago, Atkvin said:

59c0933132794_wendydstsilhouette.png.f26279b4ff975d82f9d4bfb314d05092.png59c0933519615_wendydstsilhouettelol.png.dfc19ee5fcd9fd83f42162713358d151.png

Sorry, I didn't want to overreact. I just wanted to express that I find it very unlikely that character to be Wendy. It's sometimes difficult to express thoughts correctly on a non-mother language.

So here's why I think this isn't Wendy, hopefully a bit better explained:

Wendy_ingame.png.7e1d0999cc3a1fdf698c4acc2bea2214.png forum_wendy.png.7aa14a2e302cef6cb3dcf3060d21ae92.png

If it were Wendy, and her flower is there where you draw it, her head would end around there where I draw it. However, her arms connect her body where her hair endy. so there is a huge space (I marked it with red) between her head and shoulders.

Besides these, Wendy's hair covers her arms almost completely when watched from back, only her hands are visible a bit. But in this picture her arms are definitely visible and and not covered. To show this I inserted her picture from Wikia.

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

If it were Wendy, and her flower is there where you draw it, her head would end around there where I draw it. However, her arms connect her body where her hair endy. so there is a huge space (I marked it with red) between her head and shoulders.

Besides these, Wendy's hair covers her arms almost completely when watched from back, only her hands are visible a bit. But in this picture her arms are definitely visible and and not covered. To show this I inserted her picture from Wikia.

I reiterate: it's a silhouette.. It may have been a stylistic choice to not follow Wendy's specific proportions i.e. her hair so we can see her torso and arms rather than seeing a mass of hair beside Wilson when just the very distinctive shape of her hair is enough to show who it is.

If this isn't enough to convince you, well, I tried. Go on believing Klei is an insanely ingenious company that has well hidden a hint at a new character at the front of their Workshop picture that has existed for a year or so instead of an artistic choice or small mistake. I got tests to study for and not enough time to continue persuading you lot for.. god knows what reason, actually. \o/

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Sorry, I didn't want to overreact. I just wanted to express that I find it very unlikely that character to be Wendy. It's sometimes difficult to express thoughts correctly on a non-mother language.

So here's why I think this isn't Wendy, hopefully a bit better explained:

Wendy_ingame.png.7e1d0999cc3a1fdf698c4acc2bea2214.png forum_wendy.png.7aa14a2e302cef6cb3dcf3060d21ae92.png

Since you are the one insisting on a very unlikely conclusion for some small differences that could completely be explained by artistic choice in a low resolution picture, come back to us when you have found the mod character.

Also, wendy does have a gap like shown in red, look at her back view.  Hair ends above the shoulders with the primary difference being it's slighty shorter to not obscure her arms.

Fan theories are only valuable to the degree we can run with them.  It's time to take yours out behind the shed and shoot it like the lame horse it is.

I think it's Wendy, even if the resemblance isn't perfect. Or it's a way to show that you can have modded character, but since it will be the only character in this case, Wendy seems more likely.

Anyway, this image is old, so it's not a hint about anything new.

3 hours ago, Atkvin said:

I reiterate: it's a silhouette.. It may have been a stylistic choice to not follow Wendy's specific proportions i.e. her hair so we can see her torso and arms rather than seeing a mass of hair beside Wilson when just the very distinctive shape of her hair is enough to show who it is.

That is logical and makes sence. And I agree that this character looks most similar to Wendy.

Still, I'm not sure if it's Wendy or not. But everyone can have their opinions. I've told my reasons, let's see what others say.

Besides, arguing about such a small picture is really pointless.

Archived