VR Not Included (Dupe Simulator)

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

It's going to be too big. I know that for a fact, since last time I made a .zip file was for the Thermal Upgrade, and that was above the maximum file size... :wilson_cry:

honestly I don't need that much stuff. Some textures would be good but I don't think I'm gonna need anything else at this point

edit: oh also the multitool assets.

Agh ok so the cellshading post-process is done but I can't for my life figure out how to get black outlines on objects. If anyone can try to find a tutorial for Unreal for postprocessing that that actually works I would be verrrrrrry happy.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

I know how to use the base post-process settings, but the ones that some tutorials say to use don't exist in the newer version of Unreal and I'm pretty sure getting the outlines requires setting up the right nodes in the right order.cellNodes.thumb.png.db82be6b416b33953d43c14abcbf0a13.png

This is what the cell shading nodes look like

and these are my failed attempts at making an outline material

Spoiler

outlineAttemptP.thumb.png.676bfebf34a5a2b3668ab57bb25a70ea.pngoutlineAttempt2.thumb.png.d5f3fd578b9a404eeb1c587b51dc4397.png

10 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...first off, even Google noticed your grammar mistake.

Second, only because I gave those to you. x3

First. You sir, are a ray of sunshine(reference) grammar nazi. 

Second. Hpfh.

Third. Does anyone know where I got my signature from! 

On 17.9.2017 at 7:25 AM, mf99k said:

probably not actually since I'm having trouble getting animations to import to Unreal and the mechanized door will probably be easier to work with manually

For simple things, like the airlock, you don't need animations. When the door is in two parts (each one tile) it would be ok, to move one part -z and the other +z on interaction. Organic breathing, like the coalgen does, could be done with shapekeys (blender user) and easy connected to values in UE4 (blueprint).
Similar problems are solved like that. Everything modular. Break every door in 2x2 segments. Red doorframe(stays) grey doorpart is scaled into doorframe (pivot), better then moving, to prevent clipping problems, or walltiles have to be thicker then doors/stuff.

door.jpg

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

For simple things, like the airlock, you don't need animations. When the door is in two parts (each one tile) it would be ok, to move one part -z and the other +z on interaction. Organic breathing, like the coalgen does, could be done with shapekeys (blender user) and easy connected to values in UE4 (blueprint).
Similar problems are solved like that. Everything modular. Break every door in 2x2 segments. Red doorframe(stays) grey doorpart is scaled into doorframe (pivot), better then moving, to prevent clipping problems, or walltiles have to be thicker then doors/stuff.

door.jpg

I already have the doors set up like that with all transform dimensions locked except for z ( I think it counts z as vertical instead of front/back in Unreal) I'm just not sure how to set up the blueprint so that it will move when I want it to. (both door panels are actually just a single geometry I made to tesselate.)

Other than the blueprints and the fact that Unreal doesn't want to fully enable Custom Depth and Custom Stencil for some reason I have most of the other assets set up the way I want them.

17 minutes ago, mf99k said:

I'm just not sure how to set up the blueprint so that it will move when I want it to. (both door panels are actually just a single geometry I made to tesselate

Old tutorialstuff, perhaps it helps. https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/40452-ue4-easy-key-and-door-system-tutorial?69349-UE4-Easy-Key-And-Door-System-Tutorial=&highlight=key+door

Archived