VR Not Included (Dupe Simulator)

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Wut?

You put "ha-ha"s on both of these posts:

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 12:36 AM, Xedlord said:

Maybe, let's see... 

Screenshot_20170917-002931.thumb.png.9105abd5b51192c4964f850318414bcd.pngScreenshot_20170917-003015.thumb.png.d59de7aa1ea99acac70af1b3e71bdbe6.pngScreenshot_20170917-003048.thumb.png.76d9be8a3266ee393d6a2c653603bbb2.png

Wasn't sure what you meant by that, so... I dug up three pics that had algae blocks in them... this probably wasn't very helpful...

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Xedlord said:

Here's some more:

Screenshot_20170917-003734.thumb.png.238cfec24660497d6ea62d255fb430ab.pngScreenshot_20170917-003926.thumb.png.e0cf6c51956b0b6386adc0020d210a17.pngScreenshot_20170917-004001.thumb.png.f16bd83ab58e845ab969eca1872bd347.png

This is really cool! I can't wait to see more!

Also, I made an edge detection post process in U3 a couple years ago following a guide, I couldn't find the guide so I remade it in UE4 and it works. If you want to use it I've uploaded it here.

SobelEdgeMaterial_PP.uasset

It doesn't work with skyboxes.

Edit: found the guide. https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/DevelopmentKitGemsSobelEdgeDetection.html

1 hour ago, ImpactedTooth said:

This is really cool! I can't wait to see more!

Also, I made an edge detection post process in U3 a couple years ago following a guide, I couldn't find the guide so I remade it in UE4 and it works. If you want to use it I've uploaded it here.

It doesn't work with skyboxes.

The only issue I'm having with it right now is that it renders everything white except the edges. I'm gonna play around with the nodes a little and see if I can tweak something to work but idk for now

13 hours ago, mf99k said:

The only issue I'm having with it right now is that it renders everything white except the edges. I'm gonna play around with the nodes a little and see if I can tweak something to work but idk for now

Sorry about that! I tested it without textures. I fixed it in this one. I misled a node and forgot to set contrast and composite switches to default to true.

Here is the fixed one.

8 hours ago, ImpactedTooth said:

Sorry about that! I tested it without textures. I fixed it in this one. I misled a node and forgot to set contrast and composite switches to default to true.

Here is the fixed one.

works but I still need some way to get the inner geometry outlined and not just the edges. do you know if theres a way to outline based on the edges of different textures?

hiiighqualiti.thumb.png.775df5f6d979847731da402ae4f4e938.png

the sobel edge works well with objects that are far a way or occluding other objects but doesn't work as well with the flatter objects and translucent objects. any idea how I can tweak the PP material to fix this?

also I still need sounds

ok couple things. 

For dataminer people:

Anyone got sound assets from the game I could use?

For people who know how to use Unreal:

for some reason the skeletal mesh I'm using for the ai duplicants is smaller in the compiled game than it is in the editor viewport. anyone have any ideas?

runcode.thumb.png.d60ce41328077301c3e3ed5f9760830e.png

this is a blueprint for the dupe run transform. posting it just in case the problem is related to this for some reason.

also if anyone knows how I could set up this code so that they turn around at a certain distance instead of getting teleported back that would be helpful

also if anyone knows how to make my motion controllers not broken that would also help

On 3.10.2017 at 12:13 AM, mf99k said:

this is a blueprint for the dupe run transform...

Navmeshbased ai movement is easy for testing, but i am for sure no pro.
Set up waypoints, where you want them to go, but navmesh is in your case tricky. (ladders/connectors)
I have no VR experience, only basic blueprinting.

I could suggest you, to start a project - thread in the UE4 forum, there are very friendly/experienced ppl around.

Just now, Oozinator said:

Navmeshbased ai movement is easy for testing, but i am for sure no pro.
Set up waypoints, where you want them to go, but navmesh is in your case tricky. (ladders/connectors)
I have no VR experience, only basic blueprinting.

I could suggest you, to start a project - thread in the UE4 forum, there are very friendly/experienced ppl around.

I'll take a look there at some point. I also heard today that there's some people on campus who might be able to help me out so I might try them as well. Thanks :)

got motion controllers to work, still need to figure out how to change the default skeletal hand mesh to the dupe hand mesh and set up anim states and do some keymapping but otherwise looking good there

HMD also working pretty well, but lag is incredibly disorienting. 

Need some help figuring out splines for animating both static and skeletal meshes. Liam was glitching the hell out earlier and running in circles at like 700 mph

still need sounds

still need to figure out some collision physics stuff for machinery operation

3 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'm sorry but I got nothing. Can't you use something from the games files? I'm sure the devs won't mind as long as you credit them when/if you upload it publicly.

can't figure out how to datamine the game sound files. any idea where they might be located?

52 minutes ago, mf99k said:

is that a Unity plugin on stand alone decompiler?

Dunno, but sounds like an option.. " The AudioClip plugin can export uncompressed .wav files from U5's AudioClip assets using FMOD, .m4a files from WebGL builds and Unity 4 sound files. "

4 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Dunno, but sounds like an option.. " The AudioClip plugin can export uncompressed .wav files from U5's AudioClip assets using FMOD, .m4a files from WebGL builds and Unity 4 sound files. "

any idea where the download link is located?

Archived