VR Not Included (Dupe Simulator)

5 minutes ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I tried moving the files among my projects and found out all the material function links break. After updating to 4.18.1 and trying that again this one appears to keep everything in tact. Sorry about that!

LaplusEdge.rar

I seem to be having the same problems. could you take a screenshot of the lap_edge nodes so I can see if I can fix them manually?

1 hour ago, mf99k said:

I seem to be having the same problems. could you take a screenshot of the lap_edge nodes so I can see if I can fix them manually?

Here are the lap_edge nodes. Let me know if you need pictures of any of the others. I wish I knew how I could share the materials without them breaking like that. I'll try to find out.

8 minutes ago, ImpactedTooth said:

I fixed the material function issues, but it seems like the getPixel_Normal/Depth is having some compiler issues (complaining that certain nodes can only be used with postproccess/translucent materials) I changed post process settings to transparent and back to postprocess and that didn't seem to help

9 minutes ago, mf99k said:

I fixed the material function issues, but it seems like the getPixel_Normal/Depth is having some compiler issues (complaining that certain nodes can only be used with postproccess/translucent materials) I changed post process settings to transparent and back to postprocess and that didn't seem to help

Just in case MF_getPixelNormal and MF_getPixDepth.

I would double check the inputs going into the lap_Depth and laplus_Normal material functions. I found that I had messed up there when I got that message.

13 minutes ago, mf99k said:

yeah they're the same

Oh I think I see it on mine now. Down under stats? I wouldn't worry about that. Since the material function itself doesn't know that is is only going to be used in a post process material it's giving a warning. The PP as a whole should compile fine, as it does on mine.

If it's not the [SM5] thing under stats can I have a screenshot of it?

1 hour ago, ImpactedTooth said:

Oh I think I see it on mine now. Down under stats? I wouldn't worry about that. Since the material function itself doesn't know that is is only going to be used in a post process material it's giving a warning. The PP as a whole should compile fine, as it does on mine.

If it's not the [SM5] thing under stats can I have a screenshot of it?

which version of Unreal are you using, it still doesn't seem to be working for me and the only issues I'm getting are SM5 things

7 hours ago, Oozinator said:

UE has a very nice community. Did you ask in their forums, about your "problem"?

I made a post on there a few weeks ago and kind of forgot about it but I'll see if I can find it and see if anyone responded

yeah alright so at this point I'm feeling like I might just want to collab on people with this since the only coding part of Unreal I can get a grasp on are material functions and blueprints. I'll try to see if I can get help from people around campus since it's easier to work on this sort of thing in person, but if anyone here is willing to help with it I can send you all the assets and the project folder.

Archived