Will the Valentine's day emoticon and Skin make a comeback next year?

I'm betting that every yearly event will repeat in their respective times. I'm specifically looking forward to running around in a bunch of halloween costumes and getting back to sleeping under 5 festive trees to get OP items super early.

I'm sure (or at least i hope) they will make a rotation (100% for Chinese, next year is hound year!) of loyal items , but i hope for those who missed them that klei do that : we can get it again but not as loyal item(Maybe distinguished?).

8 minutes ago, Angibot said:

we can get it again but not as loyal item(Maybe distinguished?).

It's best if it stays as a "loyal" skin, as it, timeless, reward and proof of purchase aren't marketable or tradable by default.

Making an untradable/unsellable distinguished just doesn't fit, and it also wouldn't make sense to make them NOT Loyal for people who joined mid-2017.

Just now, Palecwsmalec1 said:

It's best if it stays as a "loyal" skin, as it, timeless, reward and proof of purchase aren't marketable or tradable by default.

Making an untradable/unsellable distinguished just doesn't fit, and it also wouldn't make sense to make them NOT Loyal for people who joined mid-2017.

It actually make sense to don't make them loyal anymore since loyal quality is supposed to reward players that are LOYAL to the game and are always (or almost) here when they make updates.

So i think it should change quality,if it appears again.

48 minutes ago, Angibot said:

It actually make sense to don't make them loyal anymore since loyal quality is supposed to reward players that are LOYAL to the game and are always (or almost) here when they make updates.

So i think it should change quality,if it appears again.

That's still unfair to people who only bought the game after those events were over but still are loyal to the game and play it everyday. Puzzles i can understand, but yearly events shouldn't be changed.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

The Winter's Eve skins were pretty sweet, too.

Would it be possible to ask someone like @nome if they ever thought about doing some sort of system that let you keep a holiday skin like these?

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, Loyal and Timeless are pretty much the exact same thing.

Whoa there buddy,

Timeless dates all the way back before skins were even invented. Legend has it that the great Nome was the very first person to ever own a skin. That of course, was none other than the Timeless Potato Cup.

I mean, Loyal skins are pretty cool I guess,

But when you see someone pull out a Timeless Tragic Torch, you know they're OG.

Spoiler

but yeah, they're pretty much the same thing :)

10 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

Would it be possible to ask someone like @nome if they ever thought about doing some sort of system that let you keep a holiday skin like these?

I kinda like them being purely seasonal. It makes them more festive. I love the holidays, but when the decoration go up right after Halloween, it's too much. And when you see them in a game, you know that world has been around for a while.

29 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I kinda like them being purely seasonal. It makes them more festive. I love the holidays, but when the decoration go up right after Halloween, it's too much. And when you see them in a game, you know that world has been around for a while.

I like the seasonal stuff too, but I really really liked some of the Halloween skins more than their actual skin sets, like Webber's Batilisk set or Wes's Mandrake (yet I didn't care for Wickerbottom's Volt Goat and Wigfrid's Deerclops annoyed me... and I play those two...)

if i had to rate the halloween skins it'd probably go like this

pig-guard wilson: pretty funny and interesting, but i'm not sure if i'd use it all the time honestly.

dragonfly willow: decent.

mactusk wolfgang: i just hope he didn't waste walrus tusks for that costume. for real though, it's alright.

lureplant wendy: this one looks awesome and i'd actually love to keep it if i mained wendy. But i don't even play her most of the time

rook wx: again, looks awesome but i never use WX

wickergoat: it's quite funny, but eh overall.

treeguard woodie: AGAIN awesome skin but i rarely ever use woodie.

mandrake wes: cute idea... but ultimately looks kinda weird. also i never use Wes because he doesn't talk (his pantomime is pretty badass tho)

krampus maxwell: it's alright.

deerclops wigfrid: more like deerclops frigid amirite guys *awkwardly laughs*  i don't really like this one

batilisk webber: cute and neat. But yet again, i rarely use webber

All in all i feel like halloween skins should stay as event skins even if some of them look really awesome. it's a decent skin set overall but some are pretty odd-looking.

i'm kind of mad that every halloween costume i like is for the characters i almost never use.

Archived