It's time to stop

EDIT: Name removed because of the "Name and shame" rule on the forum

griefer, 16 years old, let's all give him a nice steam report. He goes around the whole day griefing servers with no success since rollback is still a thing, but ehy i think it's worth mentioning that he deserves hatemails and reports ♥ 

Just now, WishIHadAFridge said:

It has been said several times before, but if you missed those, I'll say it again:

Name & Shame is not allowed.

I suggest you contact @cezarica for assistance on what to do with the lad.

wrong, i asked the other day if name & Shame was allowed, a mod answered "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" i know what i  am doing . Plus, why should it not be allowed? Informing server hosts about a potential griefer with several negative comments in his Steam account is just a benefict for everyone: Less troubles to go through. Hell one could even ban his Steam IP just be reading my post without him ever joining his server ^_^ it's a win win trust me

It can be locked for all that i care o_o" i mean i'm not the one who is losing something: I know he is a griefer , i did my job by reporting him AND warning the community of his malicious behavour. His steam profile is enough as a "proof" imo

EDIT: thanks @WishIHadAFridge for the suggestion, i will do it as soon as possible ^_^

Reporting his Steam account will not resolve anything anyway. I'm using Steam for a little long time, I've been reporting players from other games in the past years and nothing has been resolved. Avoiding and blocking their profiles are the only solutions. Blocking their profiles will allow you to check his profile easly in case he changes his name etc.

I offer a heads-up service free of charge where anyone participating would be great if would contribute in private in order to maintain the list of players (with klei unique id if possible if not steam profile link will do for now) that have been either banned for various reasons or have been found to have a toxic behavior thus not worth playing with, and all this with solid evidence to back any claims without even a shadow of a doubt. Reputation can be something you work your life to gain and loose in a blink of an eye with one mistake. :P

Keep in mind two thingss: name & shame is against the forum rules and I don't have any powers on any servers apart my own, so don't expect me to ban someone that griefed your own base.

Did the pyro lad stalking me on yesterday server hit yours now? Block the bloke on Steam and kick vote him out whenever and wherever he pops. He seems to fancy Wilson (as he's really bad at the game, like dying-of-starvation bad), dies a lot too, but burns everything he encounters till that happens. Just check all Wilsons logging on (yeah, I know, kind of a hassle) and if you see the banned one, kick is your friend - again and again. In my case it seems though the only effect it had was to make him stalk me and my friends plus impersonating my ID (deed for which I report him constantly to Steam with a whopping no-consequences at all as it seems). Fun kid with 'attic' problems and a whole lot of free time.

10 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Did the pyro lad stalking me on yesterday server hit yours now? Block the bloke on Steam and kick vote him out whenever and wherever he pops. He seems to fancy Wilson (as he's really bad at the game, like dying-of-starvation bad), dies a lot too, but burns everything he encounters till that happens. Just check all Wilsons logging on (yeah, I know, kind of a hassle) and if you see the banned one, kick is your friend - again and again. In my case it seems though the only effect it had was to make him stalk me and my friends plus impersonating my ID (deed for which I report him constantly to Steam with a whopping no-consequences at all as it seems). Fun kid with 'attic' problems and a whole lot of free time.

Klei should implement a report feature. It is a coop game, people won't just go around and report you for no reason. Giving a report and reasons for it will allow a moderator/admin/support member to check out what has really happened in a klei official server or give a warning to any local-admin in a dedicated server that is currently offline, so that he can immediately check the chat log when he's back and punish the griefers. Soon or later they would end out of servers to grief and give up.

EDIT: waiting for the guy with 900+ like on the forum ready to say this line:

"This feature could be abused just like the griefers abused the vote kick feature by logging in with many bots and kicking everyone out of the server! You can't add a report feature in an online game!!" to you.

Giacomo.jpg

• Developer

Please, don't name and shame. I'm aware you want to warn others about the troll, but it's not something these forums are for.

Also, sending hate is always wrong, no matter who you send it too. The griefer could report you and you'd completely deserve any punishment you receive after that.

The REALLY FUN part about said chap ('my' StalkerTroll-chan) is he couldn't burn even 1 of my bases (because caves/ruins) albeit he stalked me for over 1 month now. But he showed me some pretty nice and embarrassing ways to die: by knight while running in the night, by MacTusk going on server 2 days prior winter and exactly into the trio's special biome (oh that luck!), by starvation and by cold (quit ironically for a pyromaniac). And, oh boy, he is a chatty one once proved as griefer.

Yes, it would be nice and probably useful (if not prone to abuse itself) should Klei implement such reporting system. Or make it so players cannot torch player-build items (as non-PvP games go) in the vein of what I've pointed out in a previous thread:

On 4/29/2017 at 8:40 AM, xxVERSUSxy said:

And yes, something can be done against pyro/hammering griefers: make a certain radius around spawn gate in which players cannot place spider eggs and/or walls, make built structures deconstructible by builder-only and/or with said builder acknowledgement, and do a special animation for when someone tries to burn a structure in same manner as to when trying the resurrection of Abigail - at last moment character stops saying something like "No, can't do stuff so vile bla-bla" (at least in the case of non-PvP matches).

15 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Please, don't name and shame. I'm aware you want to warn others about the troll, but it's not something these forums are for.

Also, sending hate is always wrong, no matter who you send it too. The griefer could report you and you'd completely deserve any punishment you receive after that.

Sending hate is wrong only when you are able to send "love" as an answer, but sadly those people always refuse to have a polite discussion and block me immediately when i ask them "why did you grief that guy's base" and so on. I always try to contact them and just ask "why" or if they do this everyday or just once in a while, which could be even fine by me!

This is not about sending hate or sending love, it is about being able or unable to live in a community without wasting other people's time! I can't play a game like Don't starve, in which every second matters, knowing that if no "admin" is there to protect me i'm helpless against any griefer. Let's be honest, rollback is a neat feature, but losing your progresses every day for multiple day because of the endless amount of griefers is not that funny, is it?

As a moderator i understand that you must be partial first of all and not just believe a guy (me) who randomly accused someone based on his own (possibly fake) experience and the comments of other people on someone's steam profile (which was not private so everybody could write on his page).

But as an admin, a moderator and/or a game creator it should be your job to at least think of possible solutions , at least in the klei official servers. I want a place where to play without having to watch my back every day and be afraid to explore because my base could be gone any minute!
I hope you will continue your wonderful job moderating the forums (each of you does, and it isn't easy i know) , but yet we and you all need to push this "job" a little bit further and start a community action against toxic behavours :) 

Klei official servers should be places where to feel safe as long as the server tag is "cooperative". If Klei is "okay" with griefers then at least change the tag to "competitive" to show how the game is about surviving longer then the others by any means, even griefing

EDIT: 

make a certain radius around spawn gate in which players cannot place spider eggs and/or walls

Mhhh ... :wilson_sneaky: 

I get why "name and shame" is not allowed, but...at the same time I myself would very much _like_ to be WARNED ahead of time!  Anyone else with me?  Show of hands.  Yes, they can improve later as they get older or whatever but...I don't want them griefing my base _now_.

Perhaps private messaging, to those who say they want to know only?  That way the warning could get out, but it wouldn't be right in front of everyone's eyes at once.  Of course, sometimes it's not secretive at all--we've got regular forum members who PROUDLY, with great relish, described _every single last detail_ of their complete arsehole trolling against people who had done NOTHING to them, themselves.  Like a criminal boasting about their crime on Facebook. The only thing missing was the "come get me u stoopid cops lul".

Also I _know_ it's not cool to make fun of spelling errors but...every time I see the title of this thread I just can't help but think "staph" like a staph infection.  I'm SORRY!  But..."staph" is a disease word to me and always will be.  STAFF is what you were going for, I think, as in "time to hire more people so they can watch servers".

Well, if nothing else...at least rollbacks exist!  For PRECISELY these reasons.

...Notorious

12 minutes ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

Staph = Stop. I believe op is referring to this:

yeah @CaptainChaotica it was a reference to this video :wilson_laugh: 
Changed the topic's name just for you !

And btw, the idea isn't bad, at all. Creating a web-page outside of the forum that lists all the confirmed-griefers on DST, and link the web page to one of the Forum's threads. This way those interested in knowing the name of well-known griefers could ban them (and their steam ID) beforehand for their new/old servers.

This way the names and steam ID's are not officially posted on the Forum but still give a chance to be informed :D 

Oh, in that case, it'd be stahp.  As in "STAAAAAHP!!"  Also I'm not up on stupid memes.  : P  ("Know Your Meme" was made for people like me, and BLESS its existence.  Still, this isn't one I've heard everywhere and was driven crazy by--I've never heard it until now at all.)

"Staph" with a ph in that order is still a staph infection, or, short for anything else that begins with "staph".  ;)  Not that it's actually important--and I realise a lot of people here don't speak English as their native language anyway.

...Notorious

Archived