Caboodle of Know-Hows

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

thanks~, in my opinion i say cheese is not taking massive amounts of damage and using "cheap" items. (using this term loosely depending if you rush gunpowder and/ or wait till a petrified forest was made)

The cheese is using console

Definitions vary from player to player, though I tend to follow that:

Tactic - A series of actions planned and executed to have a specific desired outcome; repeatable.

Effort - Skill or time invested into accomplishing a task.

Cheese - Using a tactic with minimal effort to have a relatively larger payoff.

Bug - Unintended behaviour which requires a fix from the developer.

Exploit - Using a bug or tactic to one's advantage which may or may not result in a cheese.

Cheating - Using a bug or external means to influence the outcome of the in-game simulation; using two hand items at once/console/memory editors/etc.

So in my eyes the gunpowder usage cheeses the actual battle against bosses, but still requires effort to gather the resources to make the tactic exploitable- it is not a bug due to the initial investment of effort and thus it is not cheating.

What’s New??

"What a bee-autiful day to go on the garden of delicate blossoms." 

"FLower Farming"

Hide contents

Flower farming were once discovered by the forerunners of the Don't Starve society long before. A simple mechanic upon stumbling  the behavior on homeless worker bees. Pollinating from flower to flower until it reaches the maximum threshold of six flowers, a homeless bee now once at rest produces a elegant blossom. But there comes dilemma about this measly simple mechanic. 

In instances, Don't Starve players may create flower farms in an unorthodox manner. Meaning flower farms tend to be erratic and somehow unpleasant for players who have the love of symmetry but only to face uneveness on their sights. Somehow it takes a lot of buzzing by the bees by how far they would go to pollinate from flower to flower. The same instance for players picking flowers from point to point.

Here I'm about to show to all of you a screenshot that would take flower farming in a tidy manner.

Screenshots:

20170410165332_1.jpg20170410170127_1.jpg

This flower farm utilizes freedom on how much flowers which equals to the amount of homeless bees (e.g 40 flowers=40 homeless bees) you want to use. The corner walls for the flower farm signifies any flower inside must not be picked rather only the flowers outside the pollination chamber. This gradually helps the homeless bees and makes the process quicker due to the distance being nearly for every flower.

20170410170232_1.jpg20170410170414_1.jpg

Procedures:

There are certain procedures needed to create and operate the farm as functional as it should be.

For the creation of the flower farm

• There must be no natural flowers in the vicinity due to how uncontrollable the homeless bee's behavior is. As well as to guarantee the flower produced as is.

• For evil flower farms, I would highly suggest creating them upon checkered flooring or even savannah turf due to their aid on your sight towards those moments of insanity.

• Flower farms must be constructed on a location where you wouldn't encounter always for it to not function.

For the operation of the flower farm

• If you are done with your flower farming I would highly suggest to put all of the homeless bees to sleep either by the use of the pan flute or submerged into darkness. Pick the flowers left over and immediately go far away in order for the chunk to be unloaded. (basically they are on a time freeze) - Clean way of finishing the job.

• If you leave the area immediately in order to be unloaded expect picking the left flowers immediately for it to be fully functional

• Pick the flowers outside the pollination chamber and not what's inside. And still continue picking the flowers outside in order for the bees to go still on the pollination chamber.

This farm can yield on manure by using a sole Werepig and rot if left over time for your farming needs, garlands for all days, and dark petals to be refined to produce nightmare fuel. In occasion butterfly wings and butter if you're up to butterfly farming but it is not advisable though and a different farm would be a better solution for that one.

I hope you're fluttering with Don't Starve knowledge and thank you for the support.

Author:

@Aeschwutz

Request for help: If someone could give me a picture to the Polar Light. It would be great considering a lot of topics are up. And the Toadstool topics will be held last due to how broken I fought Toadstool with this idea on. 

2 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

Request for help: If someone could give me a picture to the Polar Light. It would be great considering a lot of topics are up. And the Toadstool topics will be held last due to how broken I fought Toadstool with this idea on. 

dontstarve_steam_2017-04-19_21-47-10.png

Now you've made me curious as to why you specifically need a picture of the polar light and not a common dwarf star...

6 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

dontstarve_steam_2017-04-19_21-47-10.png

Now you've made me curious as to why you specifically need a picture of the polar light and not a common dwarf star...

Need the polar light only, no background please :D.

16 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

14 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

Need the polar light only, no background please :D.

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

@Instant-Noodles Lil' help?

Dwarf Star

Spoiler

dwarf_star.gif

Polar Light

Spoiler

polar_light.gif

Request for help on your ideas as well. It's hard myself to motivate working on this thread so whoever wants to help me post your work here only and I'll edit some of it. For courtesy the status "Author" will be given if you posted a post whether new or within my knowledge. Thank you in advance!

On 2017-4-10 at 7:39 AM, jantonio said:

if you add a section for the new raid boss, fuel weaver, here ya go,

and if you add a section for antlion, here ya go,

(sorry for quality, I have a potato laptop)

How do you drop things from inventory without dragging them?

Herding the Bunnymen into such a small enclosure is almost impossible, I had to make a bigger enclosure.   With that it takes practice getting the dragonfly in the right position, make one mistake and he focuses only on the Bunnymen.  I'll get there.

As for the busy time I've had, I made few progress towards editing the thread. But I may sure to edit the thread on the weekends if possible. Only a note for people waiting for this. Also there are incomplete post on the main post.You could read it and I'll not be bothered about it. Anyways those are my announcements on this thread. I hope to finish it first and then let this be pinned but due to real life circumstance I've no time. Sorry for the inconvenience

On 15/04/2017 at 5:33 AM, Aeschwutz said:

"FLower Farming"

It does not seems to work for me :(

What Am I doing wrong. I planted 20 butterflies and added 20 bees in the area. They are buzzing around year long but does not produce any additional flowers? 

14 hours ago, csc_unit said:

It does not seems to work for me :(

What Am I doing wrong. I planted 20 butterflies and added 20 bees in the area. They are buzzing around year long but does not produce any additional flowers? 

It should if you made it as intended. But for help can you give some screenshots? Also all of your actions taken.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:06 PM, Mencken said:

Herding the Bunnymen into such a small enclosure is almost impossible, I had to make a bigger enclosure.   With that it takes practice getting the dragonfly in the right position, make one mistake and he focuses only on the Bunnymen.  I'll get there.

They may be putting the bunnymen to sleep and pushing them in, or boxing them in a larger enclosure, but then shrinking the enclosure after the bunny are already trapped.

Archived