Suggestion: The ability to pin comments on threads.

TheKingDedede

I noticed that YouTube recently added a 'Pin Comment' feature, meaning that when a comment is pinned, it gets pinned to the top of the comments section and shows up prominently when a user scrolls past the video. I think it'd be useful to have a function like that on the forums around here. One example that comes to mind is something like this:

If the comment in question was pinned, it could show up under the main comment without users having to look through 96 pages to find it (Though to be fair, it is located on page 8 of the thread).

• Developer
32 minutes ago, minespatch said:

How did Joe integrate the reputation in the first place?

The reputation system is already a part of IPB.

Although Joe (and probably some other devs) add coding magic to tame the forums properly when needed (methinks).

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Destros09 said:

Or is a mod

Have you seen the older mod's profiles? They have almost no rep!

But to be fair, they were from a time where rep wasn't a thing, and then there was a time it didn't work like it does now.

The reputation system went through a lot.

Generally, I'm all up for it, but I think it should be as a collapsible section (like a spoiler) so that you don't accidentally read the comment out of order. On DA, I can pin comments and they have a distinct background then. It's quite useful.

There is now an ability for a moderator to Recommend a reply (or multiple replies) and even leave an optional note explaining why they think you should view that post.

We really think this will allow moderators to bring attention to some of the best replies and guide users to the best content your community has to offer.

I don't know, there's nothing on that page that says that those who originally created the thread will be able to do so.

• Developer
6 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

I don't know, there's nothing on that page that says that those who originally created the thread will be able to do so.

The OP of a thread can be its moderator, I'm pretty sure JoeW will give that ability to OPs if it isn't default.

Archived