One More Day!

• Developer
5 minutes ago, jantonio said:

Shadow people, easy mystery solved, or the ancient people were doing funny things with magic and they spilled the dank shadows.

But how did they get in contact with our world? Why are the shadows alive? Where did they come from? Who created the Nightmare Fuel? How did Maxwell find the Codex Umbra?

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

But how did they get in contact with our world? Why are the shadows alive? Where did they come from? Who created the Nightmare Fuel? How did Maxwell find the Codex Umbra?

magic,magic,magic land, ancient people, circus .probably or he stole it.

• Developer
12 minutes ago, jantonio said:

ancient people

We know they found it and used it, doesn't mean they made it.

circus .probably or he stole it.

He came back from a train wreck with it, I believe? He like, got lost in the desert and had it when he came back to society, so that's really a mystery.

magic,magic,magic land

Klei to us: 

5 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

We know they ound it and used it, doesn't mean they made it.

this might be a hunch but they were advance in magic, and it was there downfall, probably they opened a pandoras box full of evil shadows.

all we can do is take what klei gave us and is giving us and using it as puzzle pieces......except wx-78 because i wanna know who made him qwq.

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Why are the shadows alive? Where did they come from? Who created the Nightmare Fuel?

Well we know that the shadow fuel can distort and change things and the the nightmare fuel is eithernal so what if the shadow creatures are the actually   the ancient people  

so the fuel came first probably from the ancient station from going into another dimension' because from quotes and from examination of the shadow we know that it is ethereal and that things like the shadow armor and weapon exist between two dimensions. which means they come form other..

We also know that nightmare fuel corrupt people and has evil properties and we know that the Civ misused and abused the nightmares fuels potential. which led to them not dying but becoming warped beings of another dimension and malicous as they laid doment till Maxwell found the codex urmbra which allowed him to tap into their dimension and remake the world (which became DS) and set off the present plotlne

However who made the Codex Umbra i can not say

• Developer
1 minute ago, Donke60 said:

so the fuel came first probably from the ancient station from going into another dimension' because from quotes and from examination of the shadow we know that it is ethereal and that things like the shadow armor and weapon exist between two dimensions. which means they come form other..

I know they came from another dimension, but where is it and how is it? Sorry, should've specified.

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

We also know that nightmare fuel corrupt people and has evil properties and we know that the Civ misused and abused the nightmares fuels potential. which led to them not dying but becoming warped beings of another dimension and malicous as they laid doment till Maxwell found the codex urmbra which allowed him to tap into their dimension and remake the world (which became DS) and set off the present plotlne

There's no concrete proof the ancients became Them, though. And Maxwell seemed to know Them, so wouldn't he mention something about the ancient statues? Plus, in the nightmare phase the statues change, wouldn't they change to be like Them?

I know they came from another dimension, but where is it and how is it? Sorry, should've specified.

Well that's harder but we can piece together it could be a dream dimension or like the Other Side
and do to the casams and the experiments that the DS world has a closer connection to the eternal plane then any other place and only with maxwell's help were Them able to interact with the real world

There's no concrete proof the ancients became Them,

.True however we don't have an estimate of how far shadow fuel can affectsome one but the Terror beaks do have a similar shape to the shrimp looking statue and the crawling horror to the fish statue.

And Maxwell seemed to know Them, so wouldn't he mention something about the ancient statues?

Yes but maxwell came as he says "When I came there was only dust and Them"  so he never got to see the Past Civ until it was remade by him and only then were they ruins. He does metion that they "were a proud race" using the past tense to them being changed or gone

in the nightmare phase the statues change, wouldn't they change to be like Them?

Not necassarily they are statues and not living things. but as Wilson quote in examination says "they seem to throb out of tune with the world." and when they do change they are seen oozing fuel  out of there eyes and mouth

And TV tropes Does point out that  Flavour one is designed to freak them out, and is usually a sign that the person has been infected by some horrible virus, or is being killed by weird supernatural means

and given how heavilly magic is in the game this isn't a far stretch. but instead of dying they turned.

I'm trying really heard here where is my Wes title @JoeW!

As for (some of) the Ancients becoming THEM...I don't know if I'd say it's _certain_?  But it's the best guess I have right now, anyway.  With the amount of information we do/don't have.  New evidence/hints, of course, could still change everything!

My personal opinion on where is all the nightmare fuel COMING from, what's _making_ it...? is that there's some giant Elder God-esque thing slumbering in the deep depths, below the Nightmare Fissures, and that we'd better damn well hope it STAYS asleep*...!

But that's just me.  :)

...Notorious

*Or it could go "Man, did I sleep THAT long?  Crap.  I gotta get going!" and just...leave.  The whole dimension.  POOF! and the nightmare influences would disappear...as well as the magic. Whoops.  Sorry, creatures who can't possibly exist without it!  And plants. And structures...

Archived