[DST] How good is the one-man band for bunny puff farming?

I want to get some above-ground rabbit hutches. How good is the one-man band for farming bunny puff? I would run around the bunny village, get some followers, and order to attack another bunny one by one. Sanity seems like it will be a problem, but I have extra jerky which I can plop down nearby so they don't attack me.

10 minutes ago, Deltin said:

I want to get some above-ground rabbit hutches. How good is the one-man band for farming bunny puff? I would run around the bunny village, get some followers, and order to attack another bunny one by one. Sanity seems like it will be a problem, but I have extra jerky which I can plop down nearby so they don't attack me.

Well, just get a few vegetables on you, and you don't even have to struggle with sanity by using the tortured screaming device which transmits the sounds of other poor souls that are voiced by instruments.

I'm pretty sure any good veggie works, if not, getting carrots in a couple of farms is never hard at all.

The one man band is really only good for hutch to be honest, and pretty useless as other things are about as efficient and much safer.

Even Klei thinks it's silly:

The one man band was kind of a joke item. I mean, just LOOK at that animation. Not everything in the game has a quantifiable gameplay purpose... some things are really just for fun and/or roleplaying.

Quote from @Kevin himself

Yeah as @Weirdobob stated, you're much better off just feeding one a carrot and then fake attacking another, you'll still have a mob mentality type aggression where all bunnies will focus on the one you tried to attack, even with only one bunny being fed. As long as the one bunny you fed stays alive, you can continue to eliminate the rest one by one. I would suggest putting them in a walled-in area so that when they chase each other there isn't too much room for the one running to keep its distance, making things much easier.

3 hours ago, Josonic said:

What does the one man band do with hutch?

If you put a one man band in hutch along with a lightbulb, he produces a small light aura and a small sanity aura as well, which also uses up the durability of the band. Sort of makes him like a more useful non-poop making glommer for some amount of time.

19 hours ago, HamBatter said:

You can hammer two outside of the village and build one above to have an easier time farming them.

Easiest way to bring them to overworld.

One man band is just kind of useless. Carrot feeding and fake attacking is way more cost effective.

Another tips is just remember to build walls around. otherwise you will be wasting a lot of time chasing each other, as they run away when their health is low.

I've tried this out and it's actually pretty good at getting some kills, especially if the village is dense enough to reduce the risk of (time-consuming) runners. They can follow shortly after unequipping and you won't need it after you get followers to attack, so the sanity drain isn't that much of an issue.

After the first kill it's probably better to use Carrots as they multiply and you won't need so many. With Regrowth and force fertilization though you should be able to bring at least 2-3 Carrots to get things started, so the One-Man Band would only be useful if you can't be bothered to get them.

Still, it's generally preferable to make automatic/multi-purpose farms that eventually grow from that first hutch you get so I would go with the hammer method.

Archived