How to deal with 9-10 treeguards wandering my base?

So I may have got myself into a problem. While preparing for Summer (collecting a huge storage of fuel) I kept pacifying the treeguards each time I cut down trees, which eventually lead to about a dozen of them. Then they started to bunch up all on a single screen, it looks like the scene from from Lord of the Rings Two Towers and after a day or two they came marching into the base...

I mean they are neutral to me but if I remember correctly they could set themselves on fire by walking over my firepit and end up spreading the fire to other objects. So im asking ya'll what's some clever ways to either get rid off them or potentially use them as a advantage? 

Attack all of the treegaurds until they are all following you. Then either pacify them when they are far away enough from your base, or take your little army to clear a field of tentacles.

EDIT: Actually, instead of attacking all of them, just cut a tree to get their attention.

Well, at least now you have your own personal army for when bearger arrives. I'd imagine bearger can take care of all of them quite easily and I'm sure the treeguards will weaken him enough so you could easily finish killing him yourself. But I guess you'd still have the problem of them possibly igniting and spreading fire during the summer. I hope ya got the important parts of your camp covered by flingos!

And of course there's always the option of killing them off one by one. They don't agro as a group like beefalo do so it's really not that difficult.

Teeguards are the best! Wish i had gotten a self made living forest (haven't got one treeguard myself yet, its day 100).

If you can, just plop a flingo. Or try to cut a tree in front of them and lead away and pacify them.

Seriously, treeguards are awsome! Free giant and hound disposal.

20161217130100_1.jpg

Well, you can always pen up your tree guards like what I did here xD.

Btw, I have not start making it nice. Still planning to add more tree guards into it.

36 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

In my experience they do OCCASIONALLY attack walls if you were to wall them in, but if you keep your eye on them like the others said, it's free giant and hound disposal.

From my experience, they never break my walls before~

2 minutes ago, ButtPenetrator said:

http://imgur.com/a/GGleH

Btw, I have not start making it nice. Still planning to add more tree guards into it.

You have so many lumpy ones, how cute!

I've seen them take a hit or two at my walls, never broken them though I can't be certain if this was some kind of bug, I haven't recently penned up any treeguards.

Just now, Ressayez said:

You have so many lumpy ones, how cute!

I've seen them take a hit or two at my walls, never broken them though I can't be certain if this was some kind of bug, I haven't recently penned up any treeguards.

My pen is actually slightly away from my main base, and I seldom come to visit my treeguards haha. Maybe it is because of off screen, that's why they did not break my walls.

2 hours ago, ButtPenetrator said:

20161217130100_1.jpg

The screenshot convinced me haha. Ill do what you did, build it slightly further off base so maybe they won't break walls if im far enough away. Good to know they can be used as a grinder.. Although I think ill keep the Fire Hounds away from them. 

8 hours ago, Mafiabrett said:

So I may have got myself into a problem. While preparing for Summer (collecting a huge storage of fuel) I kept pacifying the treeguards each time I cut down trees, which eventually lead to about a dozen of them. Then they started to bunch up all on a single screen, it looks like the scene from from Lord of the Rings Two Towers and after a day or two they came marching into the base...

I mean they are neutral to me but if I remember correctly they could set themselves on fire by walking over my firepit and end up spreading the fire to other objects. So im asking ya'll what's some clever ways to either get rid off them or potentially use them as a advantage? 

If you want I can help you fight them :)

Archived