Twiggy Trees

So My world gets overrun by these trees and they sometimes make saplings not even spawn at the start of a new world, I honestly hate these trees, they provide nothing beneficial for me, and I'd like them removed, but there's no option in world gen, How could i  get rid of these?

55 minutes ago, Lokoluna said:

How could i  get rid of these?

You could always use an axe and shovel I suppose.

Ok, jokes aside, I still think Klei needs to add new options for resource variants for the people who don't like them. Personally, I love having a world with twiggy trees. It's so easy to collect twigs from them. Just wander into an area with a lot of twiggy trees and most of them will usually have a twig or two just laying there for the taking.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You could always use an axe and shovel I suppose.

Ok, jokes aside, I still think Klei needs to add new options for resource variants for the people who don't like them. Personally, I love having a world with twiggy trees. It's so easy to collect twigs from them. Just wander into an area with a lot of twiggy trees and most of them will usually have a twig or two just laying there for the taking.

Good joke, i liked it, but yeah, i could but as i said, they end up infesting my world, everywhere i go, i like seeing the biome specific tree only.. but then these trees are just there, I understand people like them and I get that, but some people im sure don't xD just like grass geckos.

I used to hate the grass geckos till after the second new reign part got merged into the main branch and our grass farm suddenly turned to 70% grass geckos. We decided to pen the litle bastards near one of the main exits of our base so we scare them each time we pass by. I've gotta say.. they're actually quite nice.

Can't say nothing good about the twiggy trees though.. They can burn as far as I'm concerned. 

I think the Resource Variant system itself is flawed. As you go on in the game, all the variants are better than their original resources(Twiggy Tress MASS, and I do mean MASS produce Twigs, Juicy Bushes either give 3 fillers for 1 bush, 3 rot per 1 bush for quick rot gathering, or just more food, Grass Gekkos are like Twiggy Trees for Grass), but starting with them is really bad, as Saplings, Grass, and normal bushes, will never actually rise to rival their variants, and said variants are not reliable at start where you need things instantly.

As variants they're utter trash, as "evolutions" they're really fun. 

Just now, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

The twiggy trees also seem to drop twigs in the middle of winter. That comes in really useful for me on my long winter play throughs.

Yep. Twiggies are better. They drop twigs without chopping and also offer a log when cut down now.

11 hours ago, pofil said:

Can't say nothing good about the twiggy trees though.. They can burn as far as I'm concerned. 

Good sir are you even placing them correctly? Twiggy trees are like saplings 2.0, they work in winter, are immune to disease and they have a chance of producing 2 twigs instead of one...

Of course they aren't really good if you place them too close to each other then they're pretty much the old twiggy trees that only produce a little amount of twigs.

26 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Good sir are you even placing them correctly? Twiggy trees are like saplings 2.0, they work in winter, are immune to disease and they have a chance of producing 2 twigs instead of one...

Of course they aren't really good if you place them too close to each other then they're pretty much the old twiggy trees that only produce a little amount of twigs.

This. When placing them, leave some space. Mine drop twigs all winter. Little fear of running out of materials for tools.

45 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

12 hours ago, pofil said:

Sooo you are saying to make a forest, but not make it as tight as possible... Darn.. I'm running out of space here..

11 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

I usually make them in deserts since there's an abundance of space there for them.

So how far apart do you need to place them? Is one turf tile apart far enough? Or a little bit less? Maybe the best way to ask this question is how many twiggy trees should I plant on a turf tile for max twig output?

14 minutes ago, CammoAmmo said:

So how far apart do you need to place them? Is one turf tile apart far enough? Or a little bit less? Maybe the best way to ask this question is how many twiggy trees should I plant on a turf tile for max twig output?

Look here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819236538

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/109607797349844737/EAE49D0BD0992F82BC96B5641DEFA6FAD2678FBF/

See the two twiggies? They are far apart enough to drop twigs.

Archived