DragonMage156

Suddenly Mandragora was gripped between two talons, wind blowing around her. She’d been unable to hold on to her knife and had dropped it by the plantcreature.

“Let me go, you meanie!!Meatmeanie!!” she said as she tried to struggle free.

And then it smelled like fire, and she was free—falling to the ground.

She went into a panic—short-lived, as she hit something sooner than she’d expected. Then she saw the not-spooky meatperson…and the meatlizard’s head?

Mandragora was surprised. The meatlizard had…saved…her?

“You eating me is better than the bat eating me!! I think!!” she said to her savior.

As soon as she was on the ground, she looked around for her plantcreature friend. Was he still..alive?

She caught a glimpse of him, and immediately hopped towards him.

“PLANTCREATURE!! YOU’RE ALIVE!!” she hugged him, but got away when she felt the glowing drool on his body.

“Aie!! Sticky!!” she tried to clean herself with her appendages, but to no avail.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Also I didn't mean to make it look like you suck, I'msorry! 0_0 )

(But it is true, eventhough you can't really compare a flying flamethrower to a noisy lunatic.)

Finally the madman would shut up and consider helping the others. But much to his dismay, the ones who probably needed a hand were gone! For a moment, Maurice considered taking the chance to run away, but the big bats could easily follow him, so it was a lose-lose situation.

Striding towards Ria, he enquired: "We can't really beat 'em, should we attempt an escape? I lost track of the others, though!"

• Like 1

"I think we should!" Ria agreed with Maurice, "Hey everyone!"

Spoiler

@~Matt

@Youknowwho

@RyanandLink

@Chris1488

@Sketched_Philo

(Won't tag Mr.P cos technically Ria hasn't met his character yet. Also he informed me he is very busy with exams for the next couple of weeks so we'll just say he's out hunting monsters or looking for supplies or something)

"Guys! You need to get out of here! I'll hold them off, giving you a chance to run!" Then Ria jumped back on Sunrider and flew off, heading for the boss bat.

On 1/7/2017 at 6:50 PM, DragonMage156 said:

The bat sniffing out Tim was dangerously close to the tree he was hiding behind. The bat almost found him but was suddenly hit by fire. The bat screeched and flew away.

Tim was thankful that the bat died before it caught him.

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

"Guys! You need to get out of here! I'll hold them off, giving you a chance to run!" Then Ria jumped back on Sunrider and flew off, heading for the boss bat.

"W-with pleasure!" Tim said, grabbing his stuff and bolting.

(chris, if you forget about this thread too often, maybe you should "follow" it)

Maurice was about to ask Ria if she were insane for staying behind, but the idea of safe retreat was much to his liking, so he just dashed off into the tight woods. He didn't even stop to pick up Mandragora or the other plant creature.

• Like 1

The licking at least got rid of some of the sticky fluid. Mandragora was wondering if this was healthy for her friend, but the meatgirl’s words got her attention.

Escaping the scary looking flying meatbeasts was probably the best idea.

She picked up her cake-cutting knife, then looked towards the forest and pointed at a random direction.

“Let’s go!!” she gestured to her plantcreature friend with her left appendage, waiting for him to start moving.

Edited by Sketched_Philo
Mandragora almost forgot about her knife! Awkward...!
  • Like 2

Although paralysed in fear, somehow having gone unnoticed by the bats, Luma registered a command from Ria: "get out of here!". Immediately, her eyes caught Mandragora and the plant creature she had internally nicknamed chlorophylloid. --- Yes! They're friends! I guess.. Still really not that sure... --- The sound of Sunrider and Ria clashing with the monsters once again entered her ears. She remembered: "get out of here!". --- TELL ME, LOU, IS THAT REALLY THE TIME TO BE MAKING SUCH A POINT?! RUN! --- Late enough to catch only a last glimpse of clorophylloid before it disappeared among the trunks and foliage, Luma got a hold of her cane and started moving as fast as her limping allowed, trying to work out in her head the path Mandragora and chlorophylloid would have taken.

• Like 3

Ria and Sunrider flew by a lot of bats. Most of them weren't trying to attack them but that'll change once they start attacking the boss. There's no way they'll be able to take down a monster that size by themselves but it'd atleast buy the others time to escape.

"Ok boy..." Ria whispered to Sunrider as they approached. "Almost..."

"..."

"NOW!" And Sunrider sent a fireball hurling towards the giant. He didn't have tome to react and the fireball hit him right in the face. This came as a surprise, considering his size. It would be foolish to attack such a monster

It left him dazed briefly as Sunrider flew past. Then they both heard a loud low screech. As they went to circle back for another attack, they saw a hoard of bats heading straight for them. It must have been about two dozen, tops. "Okie, time to run. Sun, get us out of here!"

Sunrider flapped his wings furiously as he halted and turned around. It didn't take long for them to pick up speed to evade the bats. Atleast the others were able to escape without any monsters following them but will Ria and Sunrider be so lucky.

(Boy did this change. I was originally gonna write us fighting the bat boss but I guess it ended up being more of a hit and run)

(Ok, back to the survivors. A little time has passed since this...)

• Like 1

Mandragora was tired from hopping after her friend, trying to keep up with his running. As soon as they were out of sight of the meatbeast horde, she lay down on her belly.

“Need…dirt…”

She took a nibble out of the soil. The taste made her smile.

Then she took a bigger bite out of it. She stoop up and hopped in delight. She hadn’t tasted soil…since she was buried in that hole.

And then she was cutting a slice of fine soilpie for herself, all the while gazing upon the beauty of this soil, fascinated.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2017 at 0:51 AM, Mobbstar said:

(chris, if you forget about this thread too often, maybe you should "follow" it)

(Yeah, that would help, wouldn't it?)

Tim has been lagging behind the survivors, yet still managing to avoid the bats. He appeared out of a brush behind Luma and the two plant creatures, panting. He dropped his hulking heap of metal on the ground and collapsed facefirst into the dirt without a word.

• Like 2

Luma found herself extremely grateful upon seeing Mandragora nomming on the dirt, seising the opportunity to rest, pull her mask up and breathe. --- I.. caught up... --- Luma pants. --- Breathing feels.. --- More panting ensues. --- great... --- Suddenly, she hears a loud clang followed by a thud behind her. Jumping, Luma closes her eyes, readily puts her mask back on and turns around swinging her cane wildly, all the while containing a shriek. Having felt that she hit nothing but thin air, she opens her eyes and identifies that it was one of the survivors in the group who just dropped seemingly dead behind her. --- "Oh, it's you." --- I wonder if after all this is over he could make me a new leg. If all of this is ever over, I mean. And if we both survive until then. --- Luma sits on the ground next to the man. --- I should probably look for any herbs I can make tea and medicine out of. No way in hell I'm doing it alone, though. --- "Hey, dude with the cool arm. You alive?"

• Like 3

After all that running, the madman's limping became very apparent. This moment of rest was very welcome. While contemplating the recent events, Maurice scratched his beard and kept looking out for Sunrider, occasionally flinching at the sight of nothing at all.

While the survivors were catching their breaths and resting, there was a distant roar sounding from the air. They all turned their heads to the source and saw Ria and Sunrider returning. However as they came in closer, more scratches appeared on Sunrider's body. They landed hard and flopped over. Ria landed in the dirt beside him but didn't waste any time crawling back over to her companion.

"Are you ok, Sunny?" she said with concern. Sunrider dragged his head over to Ria and grunted in response. "I'm so sorry I put you through that" she hugged Sun's head for a moment before looking up at the others.

"Well?" she asked "Do you trust us now? Sunrider got the worst of the situation. Hopefully these cuts don't seems too deep. It took us ages to loose them but I'm glad we finally did in the end" she sighed, looking around "It's getting late and Sunrider's in no fit state to travel at the moment so maybe we should camp here"

• Like 2

Mandragora heard something hit the ground behind her. There she saw the spooky meatperson with the long mouth, and the other one with the shiny arm.

She took a bite out of her slice of soilpie and looked curiously at the mouthperson.

“Do you…like soil?? The soil in this forest is tasty!!”

She ate the rest of her soilpie and brought her appendages to her cheeks. She wanted to savor all of it. And to keep the meatpeople around her fed to avoid ending up in their tummies.

• Like 4

"Not hungry, but thank you. Enjoy your soil." --- Luma smiles. --- The mask, dum dum. --- Oh. --- She turns then to Ria. --- "Thank you two for taking that risk to protect us. Is Sunrider okay? If he's bleeding too much we can look for some hemostatic herbs. It shouldn't be hard to find yarrow around here. I can look for it if you come with to watch my back."

• Like 2

Ria checked Sunrider over for any sight of blood. "He doesn't seem to have any open wounds but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have some medicine for later."

Ria shuffled out from under Sunrider's head. "I'll be back soon, Sunny." She pet him before joining Luma.

Sunrider looked up with concern. When he saw her beginning to leave, he struggles to his feet and roared at her.

"Nononono, you stay here!" she comforted, although she knew why Sunrider was reluctant to let her leave. Night time was recognized as the time monsters come out and a bad time to forage.

"Maybe we should wait till morning instead" Ria said.

"I've had more than enough encounters for one day. I think." Maurice wasn't sure how many of those were real. "Let's make sure we are somewhat safe around here, then we can hopefully dine and maybe start a fire."

Looking around, the madman noticed little of interest. Or rather, he ignored any weird, intimitating things and focused on useful materials and potential food. Mostly food, since his stomach started rumbling. Perhaps he would find something in the nearby bushes...

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 1

"I guess we can wait" --- Luma looks up, through the leaves and into the sky. --- You loved counting stars as a child. What the hell happened? Does anybody know how to make a campfire? --- "Is it even a good idea to have a campfire?" --- By now she was rambling. Thoughts and speech mismatched, Luma felt sleepy. --- "In normal circumstances it would, though this is far from normal" --- And far from over.

• Like 1

Mandragora noticed the moon was shining in the night sky. When did it get so dark??

What a day! She’d met a talking plantcreature, and became friends with it! And a group of spooky, scary meatpeoples! A shiny arm meatperson, a not spooky meatgirl, a mouthperson, a cutperson, a terrifying meatlizard, and a nervous meatperson, Maurice…

And then she remembered.

She turned around to look for the nervous meatperson. She thought she saw him in the nearby bushes.

She pouted , hopped closer, and pointed with her knife.

“Meatperson Maurice!! You never told me what a journalist is!!”

• Like 2