DragonMage156

The plantcreature was talking about her, and something about not eating? Was it talking about her muffin?

“This muffin is for the meatlizard, plantcreature!!”

Mandragora skipped closer to the plantcreature, both for safety and to whisper:

“If meatlizard is full he won’t eat me!!"

Edited by Sketched_Philo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

“Loyal…companion…so you are the meatlizard’s master?”

"I suppose in a way..." Ria said, uncertain. How would you describe a relationship where someone adopts you to be their master?

---

Sunrider gets the gist of where the leaf dragon was coming from. "Oh ofcoarse not! I could never eat a living plant such as your friend" Sunrider placed a paw on his chest "You have my word". Then Mandragora offered a dirt muffin. It looked pretty convincing but Sunrider was not familiar with bakery foods. He sniffed it. Dirt. Not really something he can benefit from. He shook his head and pulled away.

Xinn quickly followed the rest when they started walking. She noticed one of the little plants offering... a muffin?! To the large beast, who denied the pastry. What a waste! She got closer to the little plant. "Woah, that is one perfect lookin' muffin you got there! You're not throwing it away, are you?" She said hintingly with a hinty smile.

• Like 1

As the meatlizard rejected her muffin, Mandragora panicked a little. How would she avoid being eaten around a hungry meatlizard?

Then the meatperson with the cutting tool approached, spooking Mandragora, and she brought her appendages closer to her face. She was surprised to hear it ask for the muffin, and brought them down again.

Perhaps she could avoid being eaten by another meatcreature?

“No!! You can eat it!!”

She offered her muffin forward.

• Like 1

While the monsters were romping about, Maurice figured he should get to know Luma more. Not all survivors were collaborative, and even if she was, there had to be a reason she's wearing that mask. Or he was just imagining that last part. There was a good chance of imagining it, actually.

"So... Lou, right? What's your beef? I don't believe you managed to stay afloat on your own all this time."

• Like 1

The creature now looked very sad. Well, I mean, it was pretty obvious, with him whining and sulking around all sadlike. Let's take the safe bet and say he's definitely sad. Probably because the scary lizard rejected his friends offer of kindness and dirt muffiness.

"Rauughhh... Why you do..."

• Like 2

Sunrider was disappointed to see the leaf dragon still sad.

---

"C'mon everyone, I think the town is this way" Ria said "But it's probably a good idea to go and scout ahead just to be sure. Sunrider!" she called. He turned and ran to her side. "Wanna go for a flight?" she asked. Her companion nodded and crouched down to allow her on his back.

Before they took off, Ria turned to the others. "Don't worry, I won't be long. Let's go Sunrider!" and they both took to the skies.

• Like 1

Mandragora turned at the sound of whimpering. She saw the plantcreature feeling sad, and put down her dirt muffin next to the massive meatperson before going to her friend.

“Don’t worry, plantcreature!! The spooky meatlizard is leaving!! We’re safe again!!”

She hopped in her place and smiled at her friend.

• Like 2

Maurice knew what it was like to be lost in thought, so he decided to not startle Luma and instead turned to the two inhumane fellows. "You're still afraid of the big guy?" He asked with a very inquisitive stare. "Me too. I'm starting to like you... Do you have a name?" This was directed to Mandragora.

Of course, Maurice made sure to keep a bit of safe distance. The knife and fork where probably not real, but the creature may still have been dangerous.

• Like 3

Yet again, the little monster impressed with its flawless capability of speech. However, it flinched a little when Maurice approached, which made it seem very agressive for a moment. Perhaps just an instinct. Delighted to still be alive and in one piece (but of course hiding this as well as possible), he responded:

"Well met, Mandragora! I am Maurice Russell, professional journalist working for th-" He had subconsiously brought his hand forth, reaching out for a handshake.
Woops.

The madman was provoking skin contact with the monster. That could easily have been lethal.
Big woops.

He almost pulled it back. That would have been rude to the civilised creature.
Panic.

The mosquito swarm was... probably not real, and even if so, less important.
Focus.

Faking a cough, Maurice created the perfect excuse to retract his arm and leave it where it wouldn't get injured or contaminated with some lethal disease.
Good job!

• Like 2

The plant creature wasn't even near Maurice all that close, but he still managed to get a whiff of his breath, which was unbelievably more putrid than his own. If it was not for his stronger than steel stomach lining, he would of retched out the entire contents, luckily, he only retched out like a half cup of it. Disgusting. 

• Like 1

Mandragora looked at the stretched arm, and had the urge to touch it, but the meatperson pulled it away before she got the chance.

So Maurice the meatperson was a journalist. She thought she’d heard that word somewhere.

“Meatperson Maurice!! What is a journalist??”

She then heard her plantcreature friend regurgitate a little bit of food. Mandragora was startled at the noise at first, but then twirled her appendages together and looked sheepishly at him.

“I think…I baked you too many dirt-cakes...”

• Like 3

The other monster whined. His mouth tasted all icky and now his muffin friend Mandragora was thinking that they did something wrong. Smiling out to do the trick. The little monster smiled at his friend a big goofy smile, with his tail thumping on the floor.

"Issa good! Mucha good! Mucha Mucha good!"

He then proceeded to catch sight of his tail and chase it around.

• Like 3

The plantcreature was looking energetic! Maybe its tummy wasn't sick? Mandragora didn’t know what sort of plantcreature this  was, so she didn’t know what other reason it would have to spit out stomach contents. Unless…

It was a gift! Mandragora looked excitedly at the vomit puddle.

“Thank you for your gift, plantcreature!! My muffin will taste much better after you cooked it!!”

She scooped up a handful of the liquid with her knife, and looked at it wide-eyed.

Edited by Sketched_Philo
  • Like 3