DragonMage156

We Remain

Players:

Inventory (things will be added to this as time goes on):

Spoiler

Cake cutting knife - Mandragora

More info can be found here. Now on with the RP!

---

Three months later…

panel 7.jpg

A lot has changed since then. Everywhere we go seems devoid of life, even of animals and monsters. I assumed the monsters where hiding, waiting for their prey to come close enough for an easy kill. I wish my theory hadn’t been true.

One time I was looking for supplies in a random township when out of nowhere came a giant crocodile that looked like it was made from rocks and earth. Sunrider jumped back and set a jet of flame to his face as an instant reaction. It left it stunned while Sunrider and I ran.

Sunrider was pretty riled up afterwards but it didn’t take long for me to calm him. Our trustbond is really strong now. We instantly connected after our first encounter but it really started to grow when I first rode him. Of course it was really daunting at first but it was a necessary means of travel and survival. Also, it was better than being carried around in his mouth or talons. Now we practically live in the sky (with periodic breaks and rests that is. Sunrider is still a physical being afterall).

I guess that brings us up to the present.

panel 8.jpg
(Sorry for the lack of people in the picture, I drew this before the majority of people signed up :/ )

We were flying over a forest area one day and I happened to have noticed some figures down below. They didn’t look like monsters. Atleast… not all of them.

My eyes went wide as I realized what that meant: Survivors.

“Sun! Down there!” I pointed and Sunrider turned and glided towards them.

I heard someone shouting from the group as I glided overhead. Perhaps they haven’t had many friendly monster encounters. We circled back and landed a little ways infront of them. Judging by the looks on their faces, they weren’t expecting to see someone like me riding on a back of a monster.

“Uh…" I jumped off Sunrider and shyly waved. “... hi?”

Edited by DragonMage156
Added something to inventory.
  • Like 7

(are we going to write centered? EDIT: okay then not )

Maurice was just walking along with the group, when suddenly, he started yelling: "Monster! Not again, not this damn botfly! Go away, you bloody illusion!"

Only after Sunrider landed did the madman realise that this was an actual monster. Ones of this scale usually meant certain death to at least one person. Now if only he wouldn't imagine a girl riding the beast like a merry-go-round (or at least he was pretty convinced he did), that would be great.

Edited by Mobbstar
uncentered
  • Like 1

The leafy monster hadn't gotten to know the group so well, leading up to this point, and he still viewed everybody as a stranger and possible threat. This didn't change at all when suddenly this strange human decended from the sky on the back of some other strange creature. He jumped back, away from the new beings, and started to growl, getting ready to pounce if that need be. 

(Mobb, that was just really for the intro post)

"P-please don't freak out!" the new girl said "Th-there's nothing to be afraid of. *ahem* My name is Ria and this is my companion, Sunrider. He's not dangerous. Though he can be if he feels threatened". Ria stroked the base of his neck and Sunrider moved his head around in response.

(Y'think we should tag everyone who's apart of this?)

Tim shrieked like a little girl and hid behind Maurice as an immediate reaction. "DRAGON!!!"

"...only when he's threatened? That's settling..."

Tim seemed to have forgotten about the dragon he first saw when he escaped the city and found the group of survivors.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 1

The monster stopped growling for a minute to get the scent of the strange monster who seemed to be enslaved or something of the sort by the black dressed human peoples. They shuddered, fallen memories of a time long past drifting through his mind. Was was the human peoples talking about? Com-pane-onn? Reeee-ya? Suun-ry-dah?What was these human peoples words? 

"ggghrrraahhh! why you do?!? Rah! Rah!" He growls, his voice of that like a small puppy thinking he could take down a large dog.

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 2

(Added players and inventory)

"He won't hurt you guys. I won't let him. He's different from the other monsters. He saved me. If you guys were there instead of me, ya think he would have acted differently? Well I don't think so"

Then she saw a small little monster, barking at her and speaking broken English. Sunrider growled as for any monster they have encountered thus far has tried to kill or even poison them.

"Sunrider..." Ria said sternly, getting him to back down. Then she took a couple steps forward to get a better look. She still kept her distance however for the same reason Sunrider did.

She crouched down. "What an odd little monster. It doesn't seem very threatening at all and may have picked up some intelligence along the way. It's kinda cute in a way" she smiled at it.

• Like 1

The leafy monster stopped sniffing and just stood there dazed in confusion. What was the human peoples talking about? So many new words, what did it all mean?

"Mrrahhh! Big words scary! Big words scary! Ahh! Ahh! Rawrugh!"

The monster hid behind Tim hiding behind Maurice to emphasize big words being scary 

• Like 3

And then the gears started whirring in Tim's brain.

"Wait...you're that girl that escaped the city after it was bombed, right?" Tim asked, stepping out from behind Maurice. "I saw you escape on this... *ahem* dragon here, but I gave up on following you after like a week. You were always one step ahead of me..."

Mandragora was curiously watching the group of unfamiliar faces, her body buried under the earth, a short distance away, her flower only visible. Why were these meatpeoples in the forest? Though she wanted to follow them, the sudden appearance of the giant meatlizard startled her, and she stayed buried.

Though, their reactions to the meatlizard amused her.

“Hee hee…” she giggled quietly.  

Edited by Sketched_Philo

"WOW there!" Xinn jumped back as the large beast landed in front of the group. She was about to grab her axe off her back when she saw a girl jumping off the dragon. She waited until she was finished talking. "..The beast is your companion?! HAHA, alright then, a young beastmaster!" She lowered her guard and gave Ria a little wave. "Well met!" Xinn said, not aknowledging they may be dangerous.

"Big words?" Ria was confused "Well standard vocabulary isn't as confusing as rocket science or physics... But I'll try to remember to use smaller not-so-scary words next time"

Than Tim started he recognized her. "Wait... you saw me? And try to follow me?" Ria thought for a bit "For what reasons exactly?"

Than Xinn got her attention. "Oh, hehe, nice to meet you too?"

The leafy monster first went past Mandragora, not suspecting something to be buried under under the flower. He couldn't quite find the smell, and it only got stronger around the flower. Maybe it was just a false alarm. It would probably just be a some plant with a weird scent.

That being said, the monster really could go for a snack right now. It started to dig the ground with his feet.

As Mandragora got a closer look at the creature, she noticed the leaves around it. Was this a plantcreature, then? It was unlike any she’d even seen before.

She tilted her head to the side, fascinated.

"Do you like this soil too? It's tasty!!" she whispered to the creature.

YouAfter licking up all the dirt that was offered to him, he looked back at the group while chewing up some of the dirt in his cheeks.

Mmrph mmh, no know, no know. Much food give times,"

He turned back to the hole

"No much wuv wuvs. Job day long! Mmm, mph."

He swallowed 

"Guess surviveness big job. Me know. Grawf!"

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 1

“Its dangerous out there?”

The group of meatpeoples surely couldn’t be all bad if this plantcreature had followed them.

Except that they probably had no taste in fertilizer. Probably never even tasted fertilizer.

Mandragora pushed herself upward on her appendages, leaving her neck and everything above it exposed.

"Hi!!" she tilted her head left and grinned at the creature. "Want more dirt?"

• Like 2

The nameless plant monster had a hard time comprehending how the flower had transformed into a slightly human peoples looking leaf monster. Obviously, the dirt must be magical. Maybe if he ate enough dirt, he could be able to make magic too!

The creature shook his head yes rapidly, wagging his tail, and sticking his tongue out in a toothy smile afterwards.

• Like 3