Don"t starve and Don't starve together

started a discussion in a brazilian page on facebook, asking the following thing: which one should I buy don't starve or don ' t starve together, and of course it was bombarded by don't starve together, the point that I want to be and that the singplayer no matter how many dlc's have never pass don't starve together Why? 2 multiplayer dlc's free and collectible items, When people talk about don't starve and not single and Don ' t starve together besides are separating the players in this same post several people were divided and even discussing the same game, I'd like you to join these games and that the single was the first part of the story and together the second, and I also want to play don't STARVE no separate games I want just a game with a name and you don't have to choose between one and the other.

Holy crap this is difficult to read. Almost half of that is one whole sentence and I'm finding it kinda difficult to properly read it. Could you provide a summery of what you're trying to say or at least break up those run-on sentences? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that I'm having a hard time trying to focus on what's being said.

58 minutes ago, Marxlol said:

Hello, I'm here again to talk about these two games. I've made several posts asking to join the ds and the dst, the more I came to "ask" that in a way that open your eyes.

I'd like to begin talking about the klei mention that the ds is not abandoned and that this stopped because they are focusing on the ds, people migrated went to DTS I understand more how compete 2 dlc's for free and just like to multiplayer makes it clear that these games.

And that the join form only don't starve because it came at a point when it comes to DS people don't think in DS think of  DST you klei are dividing the players because we have a group here in Brazil on Facebook where people ask "buy ds or dst?" and people get type has difference to buy the two in DST: I can have two dlc's and play alone so I would buy the ds? I would like to play Don't starve and voila!

Wouldn't you like to have a money and keep having to choose between ds and dst until because if you enjoy more ds you take beef I would play don't STARVE not only have to buy two different games do not have to choose I would buy DON'T STARVE and get the multiplayer and dlc's non separate games and having to choose between ds and DST.

Of course everyone will say dst and better, and that as much as you want to expand the klei thing are separating the fans "classics" of the "new" as I said I would play ds with all complete and not having to choose because no matter how many dlc's launch will always choose the dst for multiplayer and I have no doubt these dlc's of singplayer come back later for the dst besides don ' t starve was to be singplayer. Only now we're returning to talk about it.

Let me make this a little easier to read, no offense, but this is one sentence. Now, I don't think you can advise someone to play either don't starve or don't starve together myself, if that is your question. 

I really prefer DST myself, but I can really see why some people would like to get Don't Starve first, I myself also played the original game first and that made me experienced enough to watch my friends suffe.. eh, survive with me in Don't Starve Together. 

I'd say if you like any of those games - you should try both of them! Sure, don't starve and DS:RoG are kinda outdated, but still has adventure mode which entertained me sooo much when I was a newbie! Ah... Good old dying process. Though dumb deaths still ocur, but thats normal. :>

Shipwrecked is incredibly fun to challenge starting with long hurricane season on "less" settings in worldgen(at least until you get yourself a base) with hostile stuff set to more. I still remember spawning on an island without any flint, forcing me to wait until, like, day 3 until wind chops plants for me so I can escape the island. It all ended up on like day 20 when I got overrun by "lots" of hounds druing the night. Playing it on default settings comes down to the fact that nothing challenges you here but the volcano, so yeah...

DST also brings a fun experience, since theres some new and different stuff going on. If you won't be learning everything from youtube and wiki, it may take hundreds of hours to get good and understand everything! But currently it offers a way more casual gaming experience then the DS.

Spoiler

// You also may become sick with skins in DST and spend a few hundred on 'em just like some people to.

Oh, ok then. So pretty much what you're wanting is DS and DST to be merged into one game correct? Well unfortunately I don't think that will happen. Not only would that be a little too late now, but there is an actual reason DST is a separate game. It might look like the same as DS on the surface, but behind the scenes I'm sure there a massive amount of changes to the code. Trying to put the two together could have potentially gotten messy. I don't think too many people would be happy if the singleplayer game broke due to a change to add multiplayer.

@JanH, @nome, @V2C, or any other Klei developer: Do you think you could give an answer as to why DS and DST are separate games? I know that there were huge changes to the base code of the game but some more specific details would be nice to see why this decision came to be.

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Oh, ok then. So pretty much what you're wanting is DS and DST to be merged into one game correct? Well unfortunately I don't think that will happen. Not only would that be a little too late now, but there is an actual reason DST is a separate game. It might look like the same as DS on the surface, but behind the scenes I'm sure there a massive amount of changes to the code. Trying to put the two together could have potentially gotten messy. I don't think too many people would be happy if the singleplayer game broke due to a change to add multiplayer.

@JanH, @nome, @V2C, or any other Klei developer: Do you think you could give an answer as to why DS and DST are separate games? I know that there were huge changes to the base code of the game but some more specific details would be nice to see why this decision came to be.

so I know it would be very difficult to join the two games more one gets abandoned and another has attention, I don't doubt the Sw switch to it after a while and don't tell me it's impossible until because we wouldn't have the multiplayer, the more the sw switch to dst, in this very post from facebook used arguments like "the sw was a desperate of klei to make the players get back out there" no dlc will make people want to go back to the ds and these dlc's that may come in future will be able to go to the dst people will ask and will meet because she hears klei most, my post this here because if I post on ds Forum no one would see.

7 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

Eu diria que se você gosta de qualquer um desses jogos - você deve tentar ambos! Claro, não morrer de fome e DS: RoG são meio ultrapassada, mas ainda tem modo de aventura que me entretido tão muito quando eu era um novato! Ah ... Bom processo de morte de idade. Embora mortes mudos ainda OCUR, mas isso é normal. :>

Náufragos é incrivelmente divertido para desafiar começando com a temporada de furacões nas configurações de "menos" em worldgen (pelo menos até que você obter-se uma base) com o material hostil definido para mais. Ainda me lembro de desova em uma ilha sem qualquer sílex, obrigando-me a esperar até que, como, dia 3 até costeletas de vento plantas para mim para que eu possa escapar da ilha. Tudo acabou em como o dia 20 quando fui invadida por "lotes" de cães druing a noite. Jogá-lo com as configurações originais se resume ao fato de que nada desafia você aqui, mas o vulcão, então sim ...

DST também traz uma experiência divertida, já que theres algum material novo e diferente acontecendo. Se você não vai aprender tudo, desde youtube e wiki, pode levar centenas de horas para obter um bom e entender tudo! Mas atualmente ele oferece uma maneira mais experiência de jogos casuais, em seguida, o DS.

Revelar o conteúdo ocultos

// Você também pode ficar doente com peles em DST e gastar algumas centenas nelas apenas como algumas pessoas para.

More question and that is coming at one point that people say don't starve not refer to single refer to dst, and as if no matter how many type dlc's exit dst will always be ahead because it has multiplayer people ignore the ds simply. 

Jesus, what's with people wanting the games to merge?

The thing though, have you EVER seen a game be merged before? if yes, rare, because most of the times, no.
 Why not? have you imagine the companies makes a game, idk [insert name here] and then make the continuation [insert name here ]2, it has the same similar mechanics just with a bit more of story, I don't see anyone complaining, but even if they did, guess what? it wouldn't happen, because, it doesn't matter how look alike they are, they are two different games, it is not a software update, it is a remake or change of the same software with different features that the old software doesn't have, doesn't require or doesn't support.
 Otherwise we would only have a few Call of Duties for example, they almost all have the same mechanic, some with similar coding, it is not merged, and it is not because of money, but because it is not an update.

2 hours ago, Maslak said:

You don't need to hurt your eyes and read it, it's the same thing every time.

You just earned a...darn I have nothing to offer you really.

1 hour ago, halfrose said:

Jesus, what's with people wanting the games to merge?

The thing though, have you EVER seen a game be merged before? if yes, rare, because most of the times, no.
 Why not? have you imagine the companies makes a game, idk [insert name here] and then make the continuation [insert name here ]2, it has the same similar mechanics just with a bit more of story, I don't see anyone complaining, but even if they did, guess what? it wouldn't happen, because, it doesn't matter how look alike they are, they are two different games, it is not a software update, it is a remake or change of the same software with different features that the old software doesn't have, doesn't require or doesn't support.
 Otherwise we would only have a few Call of Duties for example, they almost all have the same mechanic, some with similar coding, it is not merged, and it is not because of money, but because it is not an update.

Hey, Lord Khavler is one of the original people wanting it to merge.

@Marxlol I said it on every thread of yours, give up. They will not ever be merged, especially not if its always the same people who want them to do that and these people are a very small few out of the community.

Besides, DST is a sequel. It's not an expansion, it's not an update, it's a sequel. It's its own game built on top of the first one, modifying many features of it, removing some, and adding some. 

Just now, _Q_ said:

What is your problem?

I can't be here cause I dont agree with lame development practices?

no no, you said you were done with the game and everything, I assumed you just completely gave up lol
//lmaothatsaltthough//

Just now, halfrose said:

no no, you said you were done with the game and everything, I assumed you just completely gave up lol
//lmaothatsaltthough//

Well i can just watch more of this tragedy, 2 games that should be one.

And having SP mode in DST wont be over kill and waste of resources at all, every time you rin terraria you also run server, the same for starbound and some other games, overall this just poor exuse and nothing more, with all technical improvemnts done DST sympli runs much better overall from the crappy and outdated DS that is stuck with old bugs and old log spam crap like forever now.

2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Well i can just watch more of this tragedy, 2 games that should be one.

And having SP mode in DST wont be over kill and waste of resources at all, every time you rin terraria you also run server, the same for starbound and some other games, overall this just poor exuse and nothing more, with all technical improvemnts done DST sympli runs much better overall from the crappy and outdated DS that is stuck with old bugs and old log spam crap like forever now.

One can always dream that games will do the same thing other games did I guess.

1 minute ago, halfrose said:

One can always dream that games will do the same thing other games did I guess.

One can always stop making stupid decisions and make 50 versions of the same crap.

Whit this FAIL, i'm afraid to buy any KLEI game again, cause it can suddenly have other version of the same game and try to call it a sequel.

Just now, halfrose said:

idk man, one can always listen to the majority than minority

LOL.

People would be happy to just have one game with MP and SP instead of 2 games, and almost every new crap from MP would be instantly in SP, both modes would be fresh and playable, now we have ONE outadet crappy game that got some medicore DLC with poor integration and then there is DST that adds the ideas and things that people wanted to see in DS for AGES.

But whatever, lets screw our playerbase, who cares anyway.

Coming soon new version of Invisible Inc with multiplayer, and new items and other crap, but the old version will still be there.

Maybe 3 versions of ONI, lets make more they will differ sligtly so we can call them a sequel.

PFFF.

2 hours ago, halfrose said:

Jesus, o que é com as pessoas que querem os jogos para mesclar?

A coisa, porém, você já viu um jogo ser fundidos antes? se sim, raro, porque a maioria das vezes,  não .
 Por que não? tem você imagina as empresas faz um jogo, idk [nome da inserção aqui] e depois fazer a continuação [nome da inserção aqui] 2, que tem a mesma mecânica semelhantes apenas com um pouco mais de história, eu não vejo ninguém reclamando, mas mesmo que eles fizeram, adivinhem? que não iria acontecer, porque, não importa o quão parecidos eles são, eles são dois jogos diferentes, não é uma actualização de software, é um remake ou alteração do mesmo software com diferentes características que o software antigo doesn 't tem que, não exige nem não suporta.
 Caso contrário, teria apenas algumas chamadas dos seus deveres por exemplo, quase todos têm o mesmo mecânico, alguns com codificações semelhantes, não é mesclado, e não é por causa do dinheiro, mas porque não é uma atualização.

Okay Mr owner of reason you live in this forum the world does not revolve around canada and here I'm not talking about Brazil people argue about this more if you live in a bubble and don't know that and a big problem here,more like people in Brazil do not care or research about the game right here warning that the vision people have of klei here not and best and seen as dealing with outsiders.

Archived