Don"t starve and Don't starve together

2 hours ago, halfrose said:

Jesus, what's with people wanting the games to merge?

The thing though, have you EVER seen a game be merged before? if yes, rare, because most of the times, no.
 Why not? have you imagine the companies makes a game, idk [insert name here] and then make the continuation [insert name here ]2, it has the same similar mechanics just with a bit more of story, I don't see anyone complaining, but even if they did, guess what? it wouldn't happen, because, it doesn't matter how look alike they are, they are two different games, it is not a software update, it is a remake or change of the same software with different features that the old software doesn't have, doesn't require or doesn't support.
 Otherwise we would only have a few Call of Duties for example, they almost all have the same mechanic, some with similar coding, it is not merged, and it is not because of money, but because it is not an update.

not to mention that if you compare with call of duty we will have 2 million games with "stories" to the ds? ok I'll get ready to spend my money on things identical

12 minutes ago, Marxlol said:

Okay Mr owner of reason you live in this forum the world does not revolve around canada and here I'm not talking about Brazil people argue about this more if you live in a bubble and don't know that and a big problem here,more like people in Brazil do not care or research about the game right here warning that the vision people have of klei here not and best and seen as dealing with outsiders.

UUHHH....I'm...brazilian :y

10 minutes ago, Marxlol said:

not to mention that if you compare with call of duty we will have 2 million games with "stories" to the ds? ok I'll get ready to spend my money on things identical

that is the thing though, the thing they have in common is that they have changes, that's why they become other games rather than merge, that's why they don't merge.

Also, I don't know what translator you are using, but half of the translation is wrong. Not literally half but parts of it, word wise I mean

2 hours ago, _Q_ said:

now we have ONE outadet crappy game that got some medicore DLC with poor integration

Hey, DS is not crappy. It's a great game. No updates (DS gotr some updates tho) =/= crap. Before Steam almost all games used to be like this. Now people think they deserve lots of updates and stuff.

7 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Hey, DS is not crappy. It's a great game. No updates (DS gotr some updates tho) =/= crap. Before Steam almost all games used to be like this. Now people think they deserve lots of updates and stuff.

Its crappy and outdate at this point, lacking all of the things that only MP crowd got, cause screw everyone that wnats to play SP.

You want to play SP, thats great go and kill this 100k HP boss to get the stuff you need, you are alone and you died world will reset in 30 seconds sorry.

33 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

You want to play SP, thats great go and kill this 100k HP boss to get the stuff you need, you are alone and you died world will reset in 30 seconds sorry.

Just like how in DS when you die the world resets... instantly. instead of 30 seconds.

57 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Just like how in DS when you die the world resets... instantly. instead of 30 seconds.

I can use the touchstone or other things to revive, here you have timer to get to the touchstone and if you fail to get there world will reset even if you have 2 touchstones unused.

25 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I can use the touchstone or other things to revive, here you have timer to get to the touchstone and if you fail to get there world will reset even if you have 2 touchstones unused.

Exit, rejoin, problem solved.

Plus you get an additional 60 seconds to the 120.

I much prefer DST to DS, especially with so many technical tweaks and make the original a bit frustrating, like being able to hold an item out of your inventory and still do other tasks, or the bee range nerf (I think) ANR introduced, or even forgetting that Willow lights fires at random when her sanity isn't kept in tip top shape. I can see why a new player would be lost lore wise if they pick up DST first though, if that matters to you.

Also, DST is multiplayer, and you get a second copy to give to a friend, then you can both be confused together!

Archived