Maxwell skin tone.

15 minutes ago, Tainted-Petals said:

I assumed they made her eyes closed as a stylistic way of showing her having squinty/small eyes, and as for Charlie, she uses magic even when not the "Grue" half of herself, and has the same powers as Max (arguably even more powers) and isn't affected. 

I thought it was for the theme of being a highly intelligent person to the point of being pompous and/or snooty; the know-it-all.

Her lines constantly refer to creatures in their biological classification instead of the more commonly referred to names to help showcase her knowledge.

I think it is  colloidal silver which was used in everything from creams to makeups and eye drops as a chemical that was a cure all until penicen reached the market. This caused bluish skin in large doses and pale skin in others it also though no evednice can be veified since it's been outlawed in products could cause health problems in the blood,eyes and kidneys or he could just have cyconisis 

3 hours ago, Donke60 said:

I think it is  colloidal silver which was used in everything from creams to makeups and eye drops as a chemical that was a cure all until penicen reached the market. This caused bluish skin in large doses and pale skin in others it also though no evednice can be veified since it's been outlawed in products could cause health problems in the blood,eyes and kidneys or he could just have cyconisis 

I wrote a whole thing on lead and realize you said silver.

Please let me better acquaint myself with that before replying to me, I am an idiot.

-

But this implies Maxwell used that? None of his video's/images show an alteration in his skintone which would imply stage makeup.  Hell, if anything you'd see that more predominantly in Charlie than Max.

But I get where you're coming from? Lead was in everything.  Nail polish, probs lipstick, paint (house paint), gasoline, toys, pottery.

Like, it was used for everything (And then the 1930's came along and suddenly it was 'lets use radiation based crap in everything!' instead)

But again, if you're going off lead as a reason for his skin tone, based on the time era, everyone would have some form, heck Wigfrid would have far more of it in her own pallor based on how much more she would have had to cake her face, being a stage performer instead of a magician (also I'm using Harry Houdini as a model for why I don't think he'd have lead based poisoning, given the similar time eras).

Okay, this one was hard to parse because most of the websites that popped up were paid for by companies selling said silver.  But from what I've gathered, in the early 1900's (and I think I saw from around 1880) eyedrops were becoming a thing only with newborns (Max would've been far older than a newborn in 1880), and most cases of 'blue' or 'ash' skintones came mainly from miners (from 1900-1930 about 300 cases were found that had that pigmentation and of that, roughly 297 people were miners, not regular consumers).

If you're referring to the modern "blue man" who's skin turned blue from ingesting this, it's already been shown to be a hoax (he did ingest silver, I'm not denying that) but,

This makes sense when considering that thousands, if not millions, of people take ionic silver or silver colloids solutions on a regular basis without incident, and none of them are blue. Argyria, after all, is a very rare condition that only seems to come about as a result of consuming improperly-made silver solutions that contain too many silver particles that are too large in size, and that were made using the addition of salt.

In Karason's case, he admittedly took far more of his silver solution, which was already problematic to begin with, than any normal person would ever take for a typical health condition. And this, of course, is another glaring fact that has typically been left out of most mainstream news reports about Karason and his condition. Karason's case, in fact, is one of the only verifiable cases of argyria in the U.S., which shows just how uncommon and unlikely it truly is.

I genuinely doubt Max (who had blue skin for quite a while, and has shown that he can't afford a $7 debt to a props department, can afford to keep taking silver to such an extent that his skin turned blue).

On 11/26/2016 at 11:41 AM, halfrose said:

he is secretly a smurf

Maxwell+Gargamel...? Huh, that'd explain the dour demeanor.

On 11/26/2016 at 0:14 PM, Tainted-Petals said:

I mean, possibly?  But throughout most media you don't showcase frailty with blue pallor, you do it through other means (which admittedly, they have, such as his comments about his joints and back, which to be honest, I relate to so much, lmao).  But I mean, old is subjective, look at Wickerbottom who via appearance looks to be far older than Maxwell (hell just her hair colour, which again, isn't an indication as I know people as young as 18 who've gone full gray haired).  

IDK, it's all subjective until (If ever) Klei just straight up says yay or nay.  Even if they say he doesn't, I headcanon him as having a form of heart disease because it makes sense with all the hints and nods that relate to it more perfectly than other things?

On 11/26/2016 at 3:24 PM, Quoth143 said:

On the subject of Maxwell being old, I always thought that the throne halted a person's aging process (clothing not withstanding) and that Maxwell just looked tired when we found him on the throne. He doesn't look as different as he was when he was first transported to Their world. Admittedly his chin has become much more...square but other than that...

I have a theory that he's a magically-run corpse. It would explain the inhuman color due to the fact that being pulled from being a skeleton back to flesh in the Cyclum comic hints unnatural elements.

26 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I have a theory that he's a magically-run corpse. It would explain the inhuman color due to the fact that being pulled from being a skeleton back to flesh in the Cyclum comic hints unnatural elements.

I'm pretty sure he's just as alive as much as Wilson or the others are. I don't think They would be willing to let their entertainment leave so early. After all, we know They are capable of control over life and death with the life giving amulet. It's a method of resurrection using Their powers. Maxwell may have died when pulled off the throne, but all the others have died before too.

Archived