Don't starve or Don't starve together?

Because I do not approve of the Don't starve together ? simple history of poor mixing of the DS with CSGO a lot of people I know only play to sell the skins, I expected more of a continuation of the don't starve because the history of the single and deep and dark already in the DST simply weak "charlie has taken the world and now the world is going to the favour of her" weak, and not to mention that the multiplayer and a continuationĀ a game singplayer sometimes I wonder why klei in the beta of dst, not only did the multiplayer for the single and ready, the single this abandoned and listen to what I say this dlc shipwrecked is not going to take to get to dst.

...What?

Don't Starve isn't abandoned, they released patches a few days ago, because Don't Starve Together is a multiplayer game to keep it alive it requires more attention and more updates than single-player games.

Yeah, I really like SW maybe they'll add it into DST, maybe not, you never know. If you don't like DST that's fine, play DS it's just as fun.

I've never heard or seen someone play DST ONLY to sell skins, NEVER!

I don't see anything bad about DST, why so much hatred?

I am comparing history yes there are people who only come to get skins and sell, and another thing the story of it and very weak I do not see grace in the difficulty of everything in it and poor simply ruined the game I expected a story or something better coming in the second game alias and a multiplayer

12 minutes ago, Marxlol said:

I am comparing history yes there are people who only come to get skins and sell, and another thing the story of it and very weak I do not see grace in the difficulty of everything in it and poor simply ruined the game I expected a story or something better coming in the second game alias and a multiplayer

Don't play DST then, it's as simply as that! It's too late for Klei to change the game's story, I don't see why it's so bad!

Keep playing DS if you hate DST THAT much.

Well, they're the same story except Together is further along.Ā  It takes place _after_ DS's timeline.Ā  Bear in mind, at the time Charlie being the new queen was revealed, it was a GREAT.Ā  BIG.Ā  DEAL.Ā  Everybody was working to death on the Cyclum puzzle, everybody was delighted out the yin-yang at the comic that came with it, and everybody LOVED the "New Reign" cinematic.Ā  We still do!Ā  Well, I do.

As for comparing DS and DST...Popular Little Sister DST has beefalo riding, juicy berry bushes, twiggy trees, marble sculpting, etc...whereas Quieter Big Sister DS has Shipwrecked and all the huge amount of content that comes with _that_. So...girls, girls, stop fighting!Ā  You're _both_ pretty!

...Notorious

Not meant to be rude, but it's gonna sound like it. Sorry in advance.

Please, improve your English. I can't understand most of what you're saying.

I admit, English is not my first language either, and I make mistakes as well. But hey, every language is hard to learn.

I have no doubt that you areĀ able to improve.

Ā 

Anyway, not to go off topic. As @CaptainChaoticaĀ already said, it is one and the same storyline. Yes, I was excited when the puzzle's resolution was revealed. I was there! At 1 am....I think it's unfair to say that the story is bad. Klei put a lot of work into it, and knows how to keep things a mystery. Now of course it isn't a Hunger Games kind of story, but does it need to be? It's not necesairily grand, but it has its charm, and is quite dark.

As for DST being a standalone, I never liked it. But it's Klei's choice, and frankly, it would be weird for me of they put it in the original game now. I've made my peace with it, and I hope you will too sometime.

(WishIHadASignatureLikeACertainCaptain)

Sponsored by W.I.H.A.F. Enterprises. For your daily dose of... something.

19 hours ago, mathem99 said:

I've never heard or seen someone play DST ONLY to sell skins, NEVER!

I'm not going to lie that I just idled over 30 EuroĀ and then got enough cash to buy few games on steam.

I like both games but it seems they are loosing the charm for me, so while I clean my house or surf on the internet IĀ leave DST in the background every friday and drop skins. I will get back to it eventally after they bring all plannedĀ patches but not for longĀ and then I will drop it until something new appear.Ā That's problem with all survival games, eventally you will reach the point where there is no thing to do. So you leave it, go back to it every now and then and then you drop it again.

Also you are totally right here:

19 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Don't Starve Together is a multiplayer game to keep it alive it requires more attention and more updates than single-player games.

Ā 

On 10/22/2016 at 9:59 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, they're the same story except Together is further along.Ā  It takes place _after_ DS's timeline.Ā  Bear in mind, at the time Charlie being the new queen was revealed, it was a GREAT.Ā  BIG.Ā  DEAL.Ā  Everybody was working to death on the Cyclum puzzle, everybody was delighted out the yin-yang at the comic that came with it, and everybody LOVED the "New Reign" cinematic.Ā  We still do!Ā  Well, I do.

The wiki mentioned that the New Reign storyline will eventually be put into the main game after the beta's concluded. Well... Maybe. Not sure.

Just now, minespatch said:

Between August, 2016 and February, 2017, Don't Starve Together will receive an update every 3 weeks, that will add the new content in a beta branch of the game on Steam. Once stable, this content will be added to the main version, becoming official. It will then become inseparable from the original game.

Aw, and here I thought I'll no longer will be a spectator...
*stared at the sad, never played DST in the Steam library*

Just now, WishIHadAFridge said:

But, that's DST as the original game? Or will DST be merged with DS?

If the latter is the case, then SQUEEEEEEE!

I so wish! Multiplayer to me is what the light and mirrors are to Charlie and spiders are to Wilson.

Archived