Cat drawings! (among other things)

mewthemew

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

@MewThe2nd Is this another account of yours or another person?

nope. that's not me. i use mewthemew for everything. (excluding my deviantart. i have to be a core member to change my name there >.> "angelpichu1" sounded like the best name ever when i was 12)

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Aw, okay. Keep seeing it when I type your name down for mentioning.

So... What's the backstory on Angel Pichu?

back then, pichu was my favorite pokemon (it still is, but it's much lower on my favorites list than it was at first). forget where the "angel" and the "1" came from though. (like i said i was 12, and i'm 19 now ^^). for a while angel the pichu was an "oc" of mine...it was my first one and was HORRIBLE. i had no idea what overpowered and mary-sue meant back then so she turned into a character that could never die, had a legendary pokemon as a parent, had an evil twin sister that was evil for the sake of being evil, while angel was the pure character that could do no wrong and everyone loved her. my GOD it was a mess.

i should re-make her. she's been a dormant character for 2 years now.

9 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

i had no idea what overpowered and mary-sue meant back then so she turned into a character that could never die, had a legendary pokemon as a parent, had an evil twin sister that was evil for the sake of being evil, while angel was the pure character that could do no wrong and everyone loved her. my GOD it was a mess.

At least you learned and can now make a stand alone character.:wilson_smile:

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

At least you learned and can now make a stand alone character.:wilson_smile:

OH yeah i forgot: she could also turn into a giant electric dragon at will.

and yep, i guess i can. but i'll have to re-work her from the ground up again.

1 hour ago, mewthemew said:

nope. that's not me. i use mewthemew for everything. (excluding my deviantart. i have to be a core member to change my name there >.> "angelpichu1" sounded like the best name ever when i was 12)

I didn't really have a screen name before DragonMage156 but I was really into Guitar Hero back in the day, especially the character Judy Nails. My current screenname is a while different story though.

i should re-make her. she's been a dormant character for 2 years now.

That was the same situation with my OCs :) I remade them, redrew them and now they seem more realistic both physically and mentally.

9 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

That was the same situation with my OCs :) I remade them, redrew them and now they seem more realistic both physically and mentally.

hopefully i can do the same because rght now i have ZERO ideas on how to re-work her.

12 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

hopefully i can do the same because rght now i have ZERO ideas on how to re-work her.

Well... you can do what I did. Look at different styles and tutorials for that animal/pokemon and just come up with something from that.

As for personality, you can just take what she already has and work off that :) same with other people in her backstory.

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well... you can do what I did. Look at different styles and tutorials for that animal/pokemon and just come up with something from that.

As for personality, you can just take what she already has and work off that :) same with other people in her backstory.

hmm. but like i said she was a mary sue that everyone in-universe loved and never did anything wrong and could never die and turn into a dragon.

Somehow I stole Maxwell's bowtie... Otherwise, that's my rarely worn green bowtie I uncovered a few weeks ago(father and me are getting rid of a lot of antique merch to get free space in the house).  Cute redraw, definitely a improvement over my cropped shop. :wilson_laugh:

Definitely like the color palettes. Batnooki reminds me of Murky from Rainbow Brite while Batdork has Paul Cocker/Haunted Mansion/60s retro color scheme. I went with peach in my donut and ivy house comic since I thought he would have a limited color scheme but the colors you chose are a vast improvement.

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Somehow I stole Maxwell's bowtie... Otherwise, that's my rarely worn green bowtie I uncovered a few weeks ago(father and me are getting rid of a lot of antique merch to get free space in the house).  Cute redraw, definitely a improvement over my cropped shop. :wilson_laugh:

Definitely like the color palettes. Batnooki reminds me of Murky from Rainbow Brite while Batdork has Paul Cocker/Haunted Mansion/60s retro color scheme. I went with peach in my donut and ivy house comic since I thought he would have a limited color scheme but the colors you chose are a vast improvement.

ah. i'll need to look for a better reference for your sona, then, but thanks nonetheless ^^

oh, i think i've actually seen the rainbow brite 80s cartoon. 80s girl's shows can get dark as hell (I especially like 80s my little pony because of that). as for batdork, i based his colors a bit off the 60s batman show. i actually like that show. it's a guilty pleasure. dumb and awesome at the same time.

7 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

ah. i'll need to look for a better reference for your sona, then, but thanks nonetheless ^^

anatomy of a skelederp.pngI'm perfectly fine with what you drew! Was quite a surprise to see it when I got back on

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

hmm. but like i said she was a mary sue that everyone in-universe loved and never did anything wrong and could never die and turn into a dragon.

Mage has a good point. Don't worry about the failure in your character. Remember what inspired you to make her in the first place. Then give her flaws that she'll have to work hard to quit. It'll lead to interesting character study.

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

anatomy of a skelederp.pngI'm perfectly fine with what you drew! Was quite a surprise to see it when I got back on

Mage has a good point. Don't worry about the failure in your character. Remember what inspired you to make her in the first place. Then give her flaws that she'll have to work hard to quit. It'll lead to interesting character study.

thanks ^^

allright. i'll start thinking about how to improve angel.

Archived