Cat drawings! (among other things)

mewthemew

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'll get around to drawing the duo in the future. I like how the update Batdork gives more plushie like feeling to the character. He's not really twiggy limbed now.:wilson_laugh:

oh really? that sounds neato :3

yeah, that was kind of a problem. another problem i was having was that i never game him fingers. i'm actually really REALLY bad at drawing hands(which is why catface doesn't have any. she's actually got the body build of an animal crossing character now). thank god gloves exist.

so character design class is going great. on monday we had to come up with a (non human) design for a list of character traits. i got "a little sister type, who is known for being kind hearted and innocent, but is actually manipulative, naive, and lazy." so...cats, obviously. i had more pictures of her, but i lost the notebook. and also a bonus old cat.

we were learning how a character is shaped will affect how people percieve the character like round for cute, square for hard hitting but slow-in-the mind, and triangle for sneaky. 

HNI_0068.JPG

HNI_0069.JPG

HNI_0070.JPG

HNI_0072.JPG

HNI_0071.JPG

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Loving the old kitty design. Already feels like a stand out character already.

not sure what to name her. any idears?

oh geez, i forgot to say thanks for the compliment. i sorry *taps self on forehead with fist metaphorically*

8 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

uh...yeah! cats ^^"

i appreciate the pictures. they your cats?

Yes they are. Iris is the um... white and patterned one (seriously how do you describe a cat with spots, stripes and all sorts) and Lady is the black one

8 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Yes they are. Iris is the um... white and patterned one (seriously how do you describe a cat with spots, stripes and all sorts) and Lady is the black one

they are beautiful, i must say ^-^ especially lady. black cats are one of my favorites (tuxedos are my most favorite, but they're also technecally black cats, too!)

9 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

they are beautiful, i must say ^-^ especially lady. black cats are one of my favorites (tuxedos are my most favorite, but they're also technecally black cats, too!)

Lady is very elegant and dignified. Iris is a goof ball. Lady is hard to photograph being a pure black cat. Lady is also a queen (term for a mother cat).  Heh. She had a litter of kittens when she was barely out of kittenhood herself- before I got her. Poor bub. No one wanted her-they just wanted kittens. 

8 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Lady is very elegant and dignified. Iris is a goof ball. Lady is hard to photograph being a pure black cat. Lady is also a queen (term for a mother cat).  Heh. She had a litter of kittens when she was barely out of kittenhood herself- before I got her. Poor bub. No one wanted her-they just wanted kittens. 

aww. for some reason not too many people actually WANT black cats. i can't imagine why, they're just like othe kitties. i heard that cats that have kittens when too young can grow up to be very small when adults. that true?

oh, i know cat personalities all too well. my grandma has a cat named chip that acts basically like a dictator. sits at the tread jar, paws at it, unmoving, unafraid of being squirted with water or shooed away because he gets what he demands. my mom also has 2 cats of her own. one's the younger named squeaky. he's crazy and runs up and down the halls even though he's an adult cat at this point. and the other is king. he is crazy, but in a dfferent name. he goes into my room somtimes, chews plastic, and then leaves. no reason.

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I remember when my maine coon Spooky tried to get into Wonderland. His body bounced back hard when hitting the glass.ariel sweats.png

my aunt had a cat that did that a lot. ended up scrambling her brains to the point she was mean. so mean she cornered and liteally held my cousin hostage in the corner of the apartment they were living at at the time. 

12 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

aww. for some reason not too many people actually WANT black cats. i can't imagine why, they're just like othe kitties. i heard that cats that have kittens when too young can grow up to be very small when adults. that true?

oh, i know cat personalities all too well. my grandma has a cat named chip that acts basically like a dictator. sits at the tread jar, paws at it, unmoving, unafraid of being squirted with water or shooed away because he gets what he demands. my mom also has 2 cats of her own. one's the younger named squeaky. he's crazy and runs up and down the halls even though he's an adult cat at this point. and the other is king. he is crazy, but in a dfferent name. he goes into my room somtimes, chews plastic, and then leaves. no reason.

When I got Lady they think she was about 18 months old. She was a small little thing. Then I got her, after a healthy diet of biscuits and raw red meat once a day- including heart, liver, kidney and other protein rich food she doubled in size. Growing to be a giant among cats- Iris too. Neither is fat (well Iris is a little) just... big. Really big. 

10 minutes ago, LadyD said:

When I got Lady they think she was about 18 months old. She was a small little thing. Then I got her, after a healthy diet of biscuits and raw red meat once a day- including heart, liver, kidney and other protein rich food she doubled in size. Growing to be a giant among cats- Iris too. Neither is fat (well Iris is a little) just... big. Really big. 

oh, nice. glad they're in good hands. 

1 hour ago, LadyD said:
16 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

https://youtu.be/olit-B5Yldc?t=68

I have an OC who's kinda like that -_-

AAANNNNNDDD getting that weird glitch where multiple grey boxes stay there forever. sory, ladyD ^^" anyway to dragonmage:

:D i love the asdfmovies. they'e so quotable. (though 8 is kinda my least favorite *shrug*)

oh you do? :3 the descriptions we were assigned describe actual cartoon characters. we din't get names because, well, that would defeat the point of the excersize.

Archived