Oxygen Not Included Reveal

Watch this and this one too! 

The artwork is sublime, and the puns, oh the puns, man alive!

However... there's something that bugs me: Why compare it to Fallout Shelter or Rimworld? I mean, preferences are quite wide and I respect it, totally, but after played them both (I couldn't resist the wait) I feel quite... disappointed. The only thing that's similar to Fallout Shelter is that both are side-ways... side-looking... side-something. If I were to pick a single word to define the game as a whole it'd be idling. You start the game, build there and there, assign people to do some task and... wait... Not to mention that is waaaay to simplistic.

Rimworld in the other hand is a lot detailed, A LOT. A little bit slow paced since colonist need to sleep 8 hours, good game tough, my main concern is that I find it too much battle oriented, almost like an rts.

Rant ends here --]]

By the way, notice how in the videos everyone build downwards, even though is better to build upwards since oxygen is lighter than carbon dioxide.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Octyabr said:

Rimworld in the other hand is a lot detailed, A LOT. A little bit slow paced since colonist need to sleep 8 hours, good game tough, my main concern is that I find it too much battle oriented, almost like an rts.

I agree about Fallout Shelter and especially Rimworld.  I want to like Rimworld, but damn that game is the most punishing game I've ever played.  And every. single. game. I play ends in mass murder carried out by either 1.) a rabid squirrel, or 2.) a rabid deer.  I've got maybe a hundred hours in that game and they weren't fun hours...

Really looking forward to ONI.  The playstyle is right up my alley, the art style is typical Klei and the characters are adorable.

Edited by tehMugwump
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, tehMugwump said:

I agree about Fallout Shelter and especially Rimworld.  I want to like Rimworld, but damn that game is the most punishing game I've ever played.  And every. single. game. I play ends in mass murder carried out by either 1.) a rabid squirrel, or 2.) a rabid deer.  I've got maybe a hundred hours in that game and they weren't fun hours...

Really looking forward to ONI.  The playstyle is right up my alley, the art style is typical Klei and the characters are adorable.

Well if I died by a rabid squirrel or deer That wouldn't even be funny that would be really dum this would be my reaction

Spoiler

did that make you feel better :) screw BS enemy types especially RNG encounters 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tehMugwump said:

One game: Early on (first or second season) hunt some deer, the whole pack went manhunter, killed three colonist, one managed to flee badly hurt (lost one arm and an eye) dying the next day.

Another game: 3rd year or so, all colonist relaxing socially, (set them to do 2 hours of joy before bedtime) Raid! One of those mechanoid things that never drop their uber-powered weapon they carry landed in the middle of the dinning room, killed four, one shoot, one kill. 

Last game: Early on, fifth day in a cold environment (I love winter) scarce wood, so I decided to build with iron since it was abundant. Send the three to mine... roof collapsed, all died. Me:

ddnl5Q2.gif

• Like 4

Wow! Thanks for sharing those gameplay videos. I didn't know Klei made a whole stream about ONI, it's been awhile since I last visited the forums...

I liked the game a lot, fits my style. It seems to have many variables to manage (I feel like it has a learning curve bigger than DS), besides the attention to some physical and chemical details!

Will we see early-acess still this year?

38 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

Well... The devs said in a couple of months nearly two months ago... so early access should be released... optimistically next month, pessimistically next year.

Neat!

Please Klei, give us this Christmas gift!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, t0panka said:

We should get early access anytime now right? :)

Well the reveal video said late 2016/early 2017 so it's still quite possible that we wont get it until next year FeelsBadMan

Edited by Michi01

11 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Well the reveal video said late 2016/early 2017 so it's still quite possible that we wont get it until next year FeelsBadMan

Klei said EA late 2016 and release early 2017 as far as i remember .)

• Like 1