Ysul's Handwriting

Ysulyan

Page Polls  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Page 10 Poll: You can get better...

• ... and better, and better, and better!
    • ... but up to a point!

9 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-07 at 11.45.41.jpeg

Me and my brother when we starts talking about guns XD

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-07 at 13.02.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-19 at 23.59.56.jpeg

Who des fancy dergns? :)

Made more of the draws

Hide contents

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-07 at 11.45.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-07 at 12.21.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-10 at 12.46.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-08 at 09.52.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-07 at 13.02.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-19 at 23.59.56.jpeg

Hide contents

2.png

BONUS DUCKS
if you find out who these are.

Uhm... Ysul and his father? Or is it the next generation?

4 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

I have tons of lore
but nobody likes lore so I won't bother you guys

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

Actually there are multiple people who really like lore but they all ask personally already, so there's no real incentive to post it publicly.

But... but I never ask in PM :(

On 11/29/2016 at 8:38 PM, Ysulyan said:

I have tons of lore
but nobody likes lore so I won't bother you guys

Have you seen me in Zek's thread? I eat lore and stories up like it's cookies and cream ice cream dipped in brownie batter and rolled in crushed hopes and dreams cookie dough bits.

On 2.12.2016 at 1:57 PM, Ysulyan said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa fine, I'll post some this weekend

is weekend

where lore

I mean I know a good chunk already but only the blatantly obvious tear in reality, those boring urdragons and the creation of dragon tongue.

Very well, you want lore. Here it is.
Please bear with me and my grammar mistakes: remember, English is not my native language.

Also there might be some changes in the future regarding the history of my dragons, this is because I am constantly trying to make it comprehensible and easy to understand. Also, I like to find a balance between realism and fantasy, adding these two as seasonings for my entire lore.

So far I can share a couple things. I'll give you guys what I have already written throughout time.

Codex: Of The Beginning of Time

Spoiler

We watched over the lands of Enelor, making sure the Utpä tree was the sanctuary dragons would look for in times of need. Our sole purpose was to defend this Tree from invaders and trespassers. But we were sought to aid in the Wars. Why would we aid in the Wars if our duty was to defend the Tree and nothing else? We were, after all, the sons and daughters of the Utpä tree. Until the plague struck hard on us and we were forced to give up our immortality to avoid being corrupted by the nether. One could only dream of the nightmare it would bring to our nature if one of the Old ones were to become a user of Nether. The disasters it would bring. And we would have also turned to become an extinct species. We burned our bodies at the fires of Creation, deep within the roots of the Tree, to give up our bodies of wood, plantmatter and leaves, to be reduced to what we are today: dragons of flesh and bone. We are no longer immortal but we are able to resist the plague further. That was when we had to stop being so secluded and help stop the ongoing hostilities between the dragons of the other elements, blinded in rage after blaming each other for the disaster that caused our dragons to have elements in the first place.

Because, of course, as we already know, we all used to be simple beings, stripped from elements, only living the normal, casual life. Until someone had to meddle with the Machinations of the Shapers and indulge into knowledge they could not even comprehend. Their excuse was that we were weak and therefore not being able to expand into the unknown world. The World of Ropia still is dangerous to us dragons, but this particular character thought that seeking the assistance of the Shapers would work. And they succeeded for a while; but not without a great price to pay. Days after the word was spread, Ge’Amiteryl decided to stop this madness, for meddling with the Artifacts was considered a complete, disgusting blasphemy. They were to be left alone and asleep, slumbering through the ages. When awoken, the dragon destroyed the very fabrics of our reality, mixing everything that was in between the area together. One who cannot understand the words of the Shapers is bound to make mistakes. Such ignorance cost the lives of many.
This happened while a skirmish was unleashed as the dragon was chanting and performing the ritual of the Awakening: to wake up the Artifacts. There were those who were in favour of using these tools and those who didn’t want it. The fires of the battle twisted and turned, the raindrops froze and the wind became heavy. The earth trembled underneath us, and thus, the four elements of nature mixed with the dragons of the past, those who were pure and clean. The battle stopped immediately as they all came into realization. He who chanted the Awakening perished almost immediately, so to speak.

Because the changes disrupted the thoughts of many, all were confused; everyone suddenly forgot who was sided with, and sheer madness unleashed. Swords clashed even between allies. Some fled, others succumbed into madness, and others were suffering a living nightmare. Some, though, pressed on, knowing that they couldn’t just stand there and fight: something needed to be done. But no, once they reached the peak of the mountain, they found out that everything left there was charred and exploded pieces of furniture and flesh. Where the altar was once placed there was a visible tear in the reality itself. Images twisted when in contact with this strange, translucent surface. A door to the aether. But touching it would be a great mistake. It so happened that as soon as they set foot close to this, sovereignless souls of unknown origin seeped into the world, the corruption spread and the air itself became infected with uneven energies. They needed to close the Portal, but they couldn’t. It was impossible. Nobody knew how to do this, and the souls invaded the ones that were nearby, taking into forms of wretched abominations. Their power was unlike anything we’ve seen, and so we fled. The peak of the mountain became the nest of the Nether, and those who escaped the area soon entered into discussion: who were the ones responsible? Who were to blame for the opening of the Door to the Aether? Nobody knew, nobody wanted to speak, nobody wanted to admit their guilt… And so, in utter spite, the dragons separated, for good or ill. They sought comfort between those who shared the same element, and they went to different points on the known world, to form the foundations of each of the Old Kingdoms. Wars were unleashed, and an age of darkness descended upon dragons as the influence of nether grew and feasted on the stranded souls of those who did not find their way to the Aether, because since the Aether was reshaped and malformed by dragonkind, now souls were also blindfolded in the middle of the path between Ropia and the afterlife.

Ge’Amiteryl died after utilizing the remaining essence she had to feed the growth of the Utpä tree for a purpose unknown at that time and ascended to the Aether, finding a spot within its infinite space and forming a bastion for those poor stranded souls, becoming the Mother of the Dead and later, our Goddess. The Tree, eventually, grew to become the Sanctuary of the Nature Dragons: beings formed by the very roots of this Tree.
But this happened long ago, and now Kingdoms are ruins and a memory of the past, because the elements are once again united into one, so to speak. Thanks to the Concordat of the Elements, a diplomacy founded by Nature Dragons themselves.

Codex: Ys-Devri: Of Nature Dragons

Spoiler

Ys means Nature. All Nature Dragons have the word Ys in their names, either at the beginning of their names or as the last two letters; it is tradition.

Nature Dragons are usually mistakenly seen as the dragons of grasslands, woodlands and the wilderness, it is often misunderstood that we are actually not what we seem to be. Of course, we love nature, we love what composes it, but we are not tree huggers, we are not vegetarians and we hunt for our prey as much as any other dragon in history has done so. Aye, we are more than just the green dragons that look after their gardens, we are the keepers of balance between the elements and sworn protectors of the realm of dragons… Perhaps not in a physical way but rather emotionally, instead. We nature dragons have a choice: we either find solace with nature itself and live the life of a hermit to further increase the connection we all have with the wilds or we focus our energy and lives to the connection we have with our fellow dragons, be that nature or any other element. Those who seek solitude will find their source of energy abundant in plants while those who seek the company of other living creatures— and especially dragons— will be healthier the more they seek contact with them. The latter connection is rather new and found not so long ago, at least if you look at it our way, because our history is rather large and ancient.

Dragons of Enelor we are, from the world of Ropia. Our ethos define us, we are not fire, we are not earth, we are not wind, we are not water… We are nature. We, unlike what most think, are the ones that keep the other elements glued together. We cannot control the earth, or the water, or the fire, or the wind. We know about them, we have extended knowledge, we study it, and we adhere them to our lives so that we understand it, so that we piece together the thoughts of other dragons and keep a better connection with them. This way, we can have an easier time trying to protect them and know what makes them happy, what makes them tick and what makes them sad. Knowing all of this, we have a responsibility often times misunderstood or overseen: we aid.
Thanks to our connection with living things, we are great healers, but we use our own vitality to do so. Extensive wound-mending demands some sort of fuel, and that comes from us. Aye, we sacrifice for others. We restore this used energy by either connecting with nature or with social interaction and, most importantly, love.

Love is a very complex concept. Most dragons believe that “love” is straightforwardly seeking for a mate. How wrong are they, for love is far more extensive than that. Far more superior than simple attraction. Love is unity, it is compassion, and it is caring for the other. Love is nature. Nature teaches us that all things are connected, all things have a right to grow. We grow our connections with others and we seek love, we cherish it. Thus, we share it. Unconditional love is the essence of nature, for it is the way it simply is. Some may consider this rather stupid. Be that as it may, we still cling to this ideal. It is often said nature dragons should not have mates, because their habits and codes are simply too complex and highly misunderstood to put up with. When a nature dragon falls in love, they may have a mate but in the end their nature will kick in and they will continue to offer kindness to others: this leads to believe that they are either losing interest in their mates or cheating on them… Or worse.
We are frowned upon at times because of this. “Jealousy, disbelief. They are not to be trusted”, they say. But they do not understand. They won’t understand our ways, and so we have fought so much to make them understand. We treat dragons as we would treat our little tree seeds. We water them with joy and we watch them grow into great and strong, towering plants. We cannot simply focus on one single dragon in our lives, it is not the way it should be. We are not selfish, we strive not to be this way, and thus we oftentimes either stay single or we seek other nature dragons to mate with. Rarely, dragons of other elements will understand this and fortunate are those nature dragons that find said beings.

Archived