PvP is awful right now

I'm sure everyone and their mom can come up with things that need to be fixed really badly. For example, I just had someone use sleepytime stories on me, put four walls around me, and guess what? couldn't move, got stunlocked, I had far better items than them but it meant nothing because of the wall exploit. Since they got the first hit off on me, and I couldn't move from the spot I was in, I died. Not even gg. Pvping has stopped being fun because of stuff like this.

Please feel free to add any suggestions/exploits you've seen in pvp that should really be fixed

28 minutes ago, Exhu said:

I'm sure everyone and their mom can come up with things that need to be fixed really badly. For example, I just had someone use sleepytime stories on me, put four walls around me, and guess what? couldn't move, got stunlocked, I had far better items than them but it meant nothing because of the wall exploit. Since they got the first hit off on me, and I couldn't move from the spot I was in, I died. Not even gg. Pvping has stopped being fun because of stuff like this.

Please feel free to add any suggestions/exploits you've seen in pvp that should really be fixed

Exactly. Some say Wigfrid's armor.... Some say Wolfgang's damage. I SAY WICKERBOTTOM'S BOOKS! I mean.... I never want to play PvP because I know that there will be THAT guy. ALWAYS.

Just now, Mikeadatrix said:

Exactly. Some say Wigfrid's armor.... Some say Wolfgang's damage. I SAY WICKERBOTTOM'S BOOKS! I mean.... I never want to play PvP because I know that there will be THAT guy. ALWAYS.

I love wickerbooty's books but you won't see me exploiting walls with them... like, that sucks all of the fun of a fight out of it. Instantly killing someone who can't fight back at all is just boring.

Oh, combat logging. Being able to log out of the game when fighting is one of the worst things ever.

If anyone deserves to be Trumped (walled in), I think it happened to the person who deserves it most. kek.

As for countering stun locks or getting trapped like this, craft a chilled amulet. The person hits you five times and they're frozen. It's honestly a get out of free jail card in situations like this. While they're frozen counter sleepy. gg

1 hour ago, Exhu said:

Fixing small things like this won't fix PvP in it's entirety. Drowsy needs an overhaul, the pan flute needs to be removed and combat logging needs to be made obsolete. While I look forward to the day Klei touches on this sort of thing, I don't believe it'll be any time soon.

DST pvp was always awful, i know some people like it but it was never balanced at all because Dont Starve was never balanced with multiplayer in mind, not just character balance but everything like map luckyness (lol if someone else gets pan flute first) and no spawn protection. 

If you change a character for pvp reasons, you're also hurting him/her outside of pvp, and no matter what it will be impossible to keep everyone happy. Willow is the obvious example, she was always an ok character by herself but people complained about her fire immunity being too good for pvp(you can light everything on fire and other characters can't fight back) , so they nerf her and now people complain that she is too weak. Meanwhile Wes was always bad and nobody cares... As harsh as it sounds, Klei still has a lot to add so pvp shouldn't be a priority now.

38 minutes ago, Serph said:

DST pvp was always awful, i know some people like it but it was never balanced at all because Dont Starve was never balanced with multiplayer in mind, not just character balance but everything like map luckyness (lol if someone else gets pan flute first) and no spawn protection. 

If you change a character for pvp reasons, you're also hurting him/her outside of pvp, and no matter what it will be impossible to keep everyone happy. Willow is the obvious example, she was always an ok character by herself but people complained about her fire immunity being too good for pvp(you can light everything on fire and other characters can't fight back) , so they nerf her and now people complain that she is too weak. Meanwhile Wes was always bad and nobody cares... As harsh as it sounds, Klei still has a lot to add so pvp shouldn't be a priority now.

Willow wasn't changed for PVP. She was changed due to griefing. Sadly, there is zero reason to play Willow in DST due the fact that her only perks are that she can stand in fire for a second longer than anyone else and and she has a little item that distracts nightmare creatures.

Fire really isn't that strong in PVP. Getting smacked by a spear over and over will do more damage than a torch. 

Spawn protection isn't a big deal on PVP servers. For the most part, players generally have good etiquette. People prior to day 4-5 usually aren't targeted by players whom have been on the server for longer. Pan Flutes are also removed from every big PVP server. 

There are several small PVP tweaks that could be made without upsetting the balance of single player. For example; we were asking Klei to add the option to enable / disable movement prediction during their live stream two weeks ago, but it was never followed up on. It's a single console command and would be a very simple addition that would improve the PVP community.

1 hour ago, Moon64 said:

If anyone deserves to be Trumped (walled in), I think it happened to the person who deserves it most. kek.

As for countering stun locks or getting trapped like this, craft a chilled amulet. The person hits you five times and they're frozen. It's honestly a get out of free jail card in situations like this. While they're frozen counter sleepy. gg

Keep the personal crap out of this thread please, kthx.

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

@Moon64 & @Exhu If you both don't want the topic locked I suggest you keep it civil before a mod or dev comes by. ^_^

I was telling him to stop making it personal. Pretty sure that's called trying to keep it civil. I made the topic for suggestions.

3 minutes ago, Exhu said:

I was telling him to stop making it personal. Pretty sure that's called trying to keep it civil. I made the topic for suggestions.

Pretty sure I was talking to both of you aka saying @Moon64 Please don't upset her and @ you to not feed the troll?

Edit: I mean he was obviously trying to upset you I don't understand why you took the bait?

2 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Pretty sure I was talking to both of you aka saying @Moon64 Please don't upset her and @ you to not feed the troll?

Edit: I mean he was obviously trying to upset you I don't understand why you took the bait?

Bait was not taken, I was not upset, I was stating it for the sake of the thread. Anyway, dropping the issue.

Back to suggestions please.

Actually calling out Trumping and playing like THIS seems little bit hypocrite. PVP is broken also because of how you played. It is the same thing and he was also "helpless" so as many players said in threads before PVP needs bigger update than just to fix few things like Trumping although you can still defend yourself against everything ... bigger problem here is that Wicker has all recipies available without much effort.

Seeing that Klei is updating game for beginners we wont see PVP update any time soon tho :/

1 minute ago, t0panka said:

Actually calling out Trumping and playing like THIS seems little bit hypocrite. PVP is broken also because of how you played. It is the same thing and he was also "helpless" so as many players said in threads before PVP needs bigger update than just to fix few things like Trumping although you can still defend yourself against everything ... bigger problem here is that Wicker has all recipies available without much effort.

Seeing that Klei is updating game for beginners we wont see PVP update any time soon tho :/

I repeat, stop pointing out personal stuff. Suggestions only.

Archived