Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(Yup!)

Meritursas is slowing down now, on account of being stuck in shallow water.  They are in a reef of some kind.  Yellow rocks poke out of the water, covered in colorful coral.  He spits out the ship.  "go...find...food.  you...keep...some."

Trevor decides to have another go at fishing. He casts his line in hopes of something bigger than a sardine, and tasty enough to satisfy either his new greatest nightmare, or the six of them. He didn't know if the rabbit needed food but it's better safe than sorry.

Wheke was pacing the shore, picking up bits and pieces along the way. That sea monster wasn't going to get Wheke, no way. They walked past the direction they can from and spotted some sort of floating wood thing. The only way to get there would be to swim...... Unless they could attract it here, unless it was actually some sea creature that wanted to eat them. Choices, choices. Wheke lit a fire and waved their arms in the air. 

--------

Gilda stood back up and peered over the edge. They were still not near land. Noooooo. Would this salt water nightmare ever end? And that beast was still near by. 

Kate looked over the side of the boat, positioning the stuffed bunny so he could see too. The sea looked really pretty with all those yellow and pink and green and blue and purple stuff, which she guessed was coral, in it. She wanted to go catch food, but she didn't know where to even start. There's no way she could catch fish with her hands, and she didn't know if there was even anything else edible around. How would she even get down from the boat?

Edited by MenaAthena

She glanced at Jaw swimming in the water to catch food. She guessed the beast expected her to get in as well because of her aquatic demeanour. No one had questioned her hate of the ocean while she looked so aquatic as of yet. 

Gilda looked down at the water. She could already feel the sensation of the ocean water burning her gills and itching her scales. She could also feel herself dehydrating. She needed water and the beast wanted food, but was the salt water really worth it? 

(Psst. The proper grammar is "he said, concerned.")

Wiffleball peered over at the brightly-colored coral reef. It really was a sight to behold, with small fishes darting in and out between the rocks just under the surface of the water. He was contemplating breaking off some of the coral and bringing it back when Gilda fell into the water with a loud splash, causing him to lose his train of thought. He silently snickered at her less-than-graceful swimming, convinced she was just playing around. Still, she looked pretty uncomfortable for a fish in water...

Edited by WaddleDee
  • Like 2

{Is English not your first language?}

The first emotion to go through Gilda's head was fear and then anger. As the water rushed towards her she swore that she was going to kill something, anything. Preferably whatever pushed her in. "REVENGE!"

Gilda plunged head first into the ocean and tried to hold her gills shut which was no easy task when your first thought in the water was to open them. The water was refreshing but it made her scales itch and sooner rather than later they would start to burn. The boat was too high to climb up easily so she swam to one of the coral rocks and hauled herself up onto it. 

Her neck and cheeks were starting to burn. She should get this over and done with so she could go back onto the deck, the beast wasn't going to let her just sit on the rock. She watched the water carefully for a moment before launching at a fish swiming past. To keep up with it she couldn't breach for oxygen and pushed against the burning sensation in her gills that was slowly worsening. 

{can I make her catch it or do I have to wait for Chris?}

Edited by Dara999
  • Like 1

Kate shook her head no. After a moment of thinking, she figured it'd be simpler just to tell him "I don't have a rod or anything to catch fish, and... Um... I-I can't really... see... All that well, so... I-I can't look for other food..." She got quieter as she talked, getting kind of nervous; she didn't want to sound like she was making excuses, or people to treat her weird because she was half blind.

• Like 1