Content for next udate?

Do we have any idea what it is? There is usually a video floating around of the new stuff coming but I haven't seen or heard anything about this one and it is supposedly due in 2 days. Any info on what is coming? Any teasers?

I reckon that we might be seeing the addition of dirt walls... OP yes I know but hopefully it will fill that gap that tree walls left

Finally managed to create a small camp that no pigs or other monsters can enter. There is a small tree gap that I can walk out of to gather some stuff. Here's how I did it:

post-6729-13764590199583_thumb.png

The pig can't even get the seeds.

post-6729-13764590199854_thumb.png

Here's the hidden entrance to my fortress.

Finally managed to create a small camp that no pigs or other monsters can enter. There is a small tree gap that I can walk out of to gather some stuff. Here's how I did it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1812[/ATTACH]

The pig can't even get the seeds.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1813[/ATTACH]

Here's the hidden entrance to my fortress.

lol smart!. i know someone would find a loop around it hahaha

I've been thinking... Since that pig from that picture has been there for 3-4 days and even sleeps near that small camp.... What if I leave a piece of meat in that camp and completely close the entrance. I've seen videos of Hounds trying to go to a piece of meat that's on a bridge and the char could completely wipe them out no sweat with just a spear. I have a feeling that the Hounds will try to do the exact same thing. Hmmmm time to test it out! (right after I get back from electromagnetics)

my bet is that we get introduced a new kind of resource (clay) and maybe one new recipe using it. Kevin already mentioned claypots in his food decay threat, we propably won't get these pots yet, because I don't think the way food works will be changed with this update already, but propably some other kind of clay recipe for now to toy around with, and more recipes added on future updates.

Id assume its going to balance or change things the shovel is used for. For example, not allowing you to relocate grass/saplings/berry bushes, but also giving it a new use to make up for it.

that, I find highly unlikely. Kevin and the other devs invested so much time and ideas in ways to make grass/bush/sappling farming unattractive but not impossible for people, that I do not think that they will now just take this option out of the game, leaving all the prior changes a waste of time. Edited by Bogpad

Id assume its going to balance or change things the shovel is used for. For example, not allowing you to relocate grass/saplings/berry bushes, but also giving it a new use to make up for it.

I can't imagine why the ability to relocate grass, saplings and berry bushes would be removed... and even if it was, just what "new use" could they possibly give a shovel?

I doubt walls will make it into this one. Not to mention the debs are trying to shy away from bases with people just posting it up for hundreds of days. They want you to die, it's part of the game and the main part of the fun. Right now it's beta so we are finding a lot of loopholes but don't expect those things to remain.

And so it begins.:p

I still think my old "Fort Chest-A-Lot" was the best exploit fort ever... so much so that chests were nerfed as blocking pathfinding. It was glorious... :p

my bet is that we get introduced a new kind of resource (clay) and maybe one new recipe using it. Kevin already mentioned claypots in his food decay threat, we propably won't get these pots yet, because I don't think the way food works will be changed with this update already, but propably some other kind of clay recipe for now to toy around with, and more recipes added on future updates.

Well Kevin could introduce clay, harvested with the shovel, and a new invention (clay pots). Then with a clay pot and the crock pot he could introduce new recipes involving preserved foods. This could all be done before rot/decay is added into the game as the new foods would still serve a purpose (you can eat them). Then when decay is added they'll serve a new purpose.

that, I find highly unlikely. Kevin and the other devs invested so much time and ideas in ways to make grass/bush/sappling farming unattractive but not impossible for people, that I do not think that they will now just take this option out of the game, leaving all the prior changes a waste of time.

Mmmm. Yeah, but in a way I almost wish it were true. If players couldn't relocate resources they would be forced to hunt for them, which would entail more traveling and exploring. The fact that these resources appear on the map would even help facilitate this type of gathering process. It's like how reeds work right now... giving me a reason to travel all the way to the swamp biome.

I doubt walls will make it into this one. Not to mention the debs are trying to shy away from bases with people just posting it up for hundreds of days. They want you to die, it's part of the game and the main part of the fun. Right now it's beta so we are finding a lot of loopholes but don't expect those things to remain.

Thing is, this is a survival game; base/camp building is inevitable. It's instinct to establish some form of centralised, primary location from which to work out of. Humans have been doing it for as long as we've been able to comprehend the concept of gathering. Short of removing the ability to construct any sort of permanent or semi-permanent structure, there will always be base/camp building.

I am well aware of what humans do, my point is that the devs have noted this and are taking actions to stunt it's progression which is why it is unlikely to be in this update. While this is just speculation it is the least based on information from the devs.

I am well aware of what humans do, my point is that the devs have noted this and are taking actions to stunt it's progression which is why it is unlikely to be in this update. While this is just speculation it is the least based on information from the devs.

I would bet dollars to donuts that they can tell the AI's to attack the wall till they perfect the path finding for walls thing. Also the devs aren't going to try and stunt the growth of base building if they wanted to do that, then why did they give us a fire pit that never vanishes after the fire goes out it wouldn't make a lick of senses to screw the player over with out giving them a chance to adapt, like dark souls did. Ya the game was an ******* but I could still kill the final boss with a stick if I wanted to.